Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

OMG that means I need 2 threads...... :wacko: how am I going to keep them both up to date! :blink:

Oh yes indeed and I am sure you will ... I'll be following for sure !

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That means you will need to be on here more often ;)

:happydance:

IKR! I am so sorry I have been so MIA just so much going on!

Oh yes indeed and I am sure you will ... I'll be following for sure !

I will start it this weekend when I get the tank and I will do before I clean it and after pics! If it's as nasty as he is describing it I am going to be covered in Red Slime Algae! BLEH

I will start it this weekend when I get the tank and I will do before I clean it and after pics! If it's as nasty as he is describing it I am going to be covered in Red Slime Algae! BLEH

Well you would not want that ... a hose and spray it all out and use bleach or whatever to get it totally clean and in good shape to start it back up but then that is nothing new as I am sure that is probably what you were going to do anyway

Happy new tank keeping :-)

Well you would not want that ... a hose and spray it all out and use bleach or whatever to get it totally clean and in good shape to start it back up but then that is nothing new as I am sure that is probably what you were going to do anyway

Happy new tank keeping :-)

Yep was kind of the plan then let it dry out while I scrub the rocks fill er up and then get her going!

No sand in this one I want to try a BB tank in the nano.

Very, very nice.

I <3 Poe.

Thank you so much, awesome of you to drop in and thanks for the compliment I will let Poe know! ;)

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while, you can only say "Holy cow this tank is awesome!" so many times before it becomes annoying :)

I always enjoy the pictures though. I love your fish selection and I'm considering a midas of my own.

Yep was kind of the plan then let it dry out while I scrub the rocks fill er up and then get her going!

Thank you so much, awesome of you to drop in and thanks for the compliment I will let Poe know! ;)

Okay Guys I am doing it, I am getting a Squamosa hopefully next week Wednesday! The LFS has a really awesome one that has been there about 3 weeks and I am sure he will be there again as their Ultra Maximas go for $70 and he is not as "Pretty" as them. IMO he is far prettier with his green rim.

Updates this Sunday when I have a new baby to manage!

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while, you can only say "Holy cow this tank is awesome!" so many times before it becomes annoying :)

I always enjoy the pictures though. I love your fish selection and I'm considering a midas of my own.

Thanks and so good to hear from you, I need to start posting more again but life has kind of become hectic.

And you know the person it's being said to can never hear it enough! Can always use a different version like " HEY YOU TANK IS ROCKIN" LOL

Thanks again you guys keep me feeling good about the tank and my abilities. I really think the added water volume and the Macros have helped it become a more stable reef system and the pods are crawling all over the glass even with the Mandarin, I may have to find him a girl if he keeps getting fatter and fatter!

:lol:

Sounds like a plan ... and rinse rinse rinse a lot .. :-)

Sounds like a plan ... and rinse rinse rinse a lot .. :-)

Oh yes! A power rinse!

Oh and on a funnier side!

HOW TO WASH THE CAT by THE DOG

1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.

2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.

3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any purchase they can find.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power wash and rinse" which I have found to be quite effective.

6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.

Sincerely,

The DOG

I LMFAO I love this one. Oldie but goodie! :lol:

Ohhhh...I hope you get your clam!!!!!!

Nice step-by-step :lol:

About how I would have to wash the evil Chewbaka!

Thanks I hope so too if amazon ever transfers the fricking money to me! I sold a camera and shipped it on the 22 of last month, well they are supposed to transfer the money on the 29 then now on the 5th so we will see!

Would make the pain easier to bear! ;)

I can't bathe my cats anymore. I think they are too old for it now. Last time I gave my one cat a bath, he retaliated by peeing on my son's bed. Lesson learned....NOT doing that again :lol:

I can't bathe my cats anymore. I think they are too old for it now. Last time I gave my one cat a bath, he retaliated by peeing on my son's bed. Lesson learned....NOT doing that again :lol:

Yeah mine just attacks me then goes right into the litter box and comes out covered in litter. Totally wasted effort. LMAO

About how I would have to wash the evil Chewbaka!

Thanks I hope so too if amazon ever transfers the fricking money to me! I sold a camera and shipped it on the 22 of last month, well they are supposed to transfer the money on the 29 then now on the 5th so we will see!

Would make the pain easier to bear! ;)

Wow they take that long and then charge you a hefty fee on top of it ... not good I say !

Wow they take that long and then charge you a hefty fee on top of it ... not good I say !

Nope not good, oh well should have the cash soon or I will file some sort of complaint. Still got a good price for the camera I am pleased with the profit. ;)

You guys bathe your cats?? Are they inside/outside?

Inside and yes once a year I do helps to get the nasty undercoat out of there. ;) Its more of a torture chamber for me then the cat, I always look like I got attacked by freddie kruger and have cuts all down my arms. :lol:

You guys bathe your cats?? Are they inside/outside?

I only did last year because the fleas were so bad and I didn't want to use chemical treatment on them. I'm more into holistic healing. Unfortunately, it was so bad I had to resort to the chemicals. But typically, I do not bathe my cats. Too much hassle and too dangerous, on many levels :lol:

Randi, so cool that Albert is gonna use one of your photos for his book cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only did last year because the fleas were so bad and I didn't want to use chemical treatment on them. I'm more into holistic healing. Unfortunately, it was so bad I had to resort to the chemicals. But typically, I do not bathe my cats. Too much hassle and too dangerous, on many levels :lol:

Randi, so cool that Albert is gonna use one of your photos for his book cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha I'm the same!

And thanks I was trying to keep it on the DL but he has 40 to chose from and he gets that job not me! LMAO So glad as I would not be able to chose.

Ha I'm the same!

And thanks I was trying to keep it on the DL but he has 40 to chose from and he gets that job not me! LMAO So glad as I would not be able to chose.

Oops :lol: I guess he hasn't actually said your name, but I've certainly recognized the photos he's posted as his potential picks :)

Ha I'm the same!

Well indeed they are all so nice and good that it is hard to decide which one to use for the cover ... but I will use some of the others in the book, and other members have given me the OK to use some of theirs for the inside of the book, and I thank them for that, and will send them a free signed copy + a free e=pub version as well.

Orders are coming in nicely ... better than I expected actually as only members on this forum know about it really (at least for now although there has been some talk about it on FB and a Radio Show host contacted me to do a talk about it on Nov 21 ( I posted the info on my thread) and that should help get the word out as well)

Thanks to all of you ... if you wish to get on the pre-order list, just PM me ...

Sorry to high jack the thread here somewhat ... apologies ..

Oops :lol: I guess he hasn't actually said your name, but I've certainly recognized the photos he's posted as his potential picks :)

LOL I konow not too many tanks have black sand other then me and Deckoz!

Well indeed they are all so nice and good that it is hard to decide which one to use for the cover ... but I will use some of the others in the book, and other members have given me the OK to use some of theirs for the inside of the book, and I thank them for that, and will send them a free signed copy + a free e=pub version as well.

Orders are coming in nicely ... better than I expected actually as only members on this forum know about it really (at least for now although there has been some talk about it on FB and a Radio Show host contacted me to do a talk about it on Nov 21 ( I posted the info on my thread) and that should help get the word out as well)

Thanks to all of you ... if you wish to get on the pre-order list, just PM me ...

Sorry to high jack the thread here somewhat ... apologies ..

No worries or apologies needed! I have kind of spread the work with the PBMAS crew her in South FL and there was another member who was willing to let you use his pics as well. I can forward them to your email if you would like.

I have 6 mangroves now! B) One of which has leaves starting on it so happy!

:ninja: looks great, Randi!

:o

Look at you!

How goes it Joel!

Okay got the Nano, its a NanoCubeDX

So sweet! Cleaning it now got fish and starfish acclimating by drip line, so they don't go into shock from Nitrates not being there. They didn't do WC at all! The rock is awesome with Macros on it already I am so excited!

LOL I konow not too many tanks have black sand other then me and Deckoz!

No worries or apologies needed! I have kind of spread the work with the PBMAS crew her in South FL and there was another member who was willing to let you use his pics as well. I can forward them to your email if you would like.

I have 6 mangroves now! B) One of which has leaves starting on it so happy!

Thanks FlCandy ... I appreciate it and I sent you a PM about the pics ...

6 Mangroves ... nice ... and if leaves are starting to show that is always a good sign .. the roots should lengthen as well and btw they can get very long if they have the space for it

Was at my LFS the other day and he has some in his frag tanks stuck through a little piece of styro, so just enough is in the water an the rest sticking out above it, and a couple had roots that were over a foot long for sure ..

They do help in nutrient control but not a great deal but of course if you have 6 you are going to get far better depletion of nutrients ... but then you may not have that high levels anyway since your tank looks soooooo Good

Thanks FlCandy ... I appreciate it and I sent you a PM about the pics ...

6 Mangroves ... nice ... and if leaves are starting to show that is always a good sign .. the roots should lengthen as well and btw they can get very long if they have the space for it

Was at my LFS the other day and he has some in his frag tanks stuck through a little piece of styro, so just enough is in the water an the rest sticking out above it, and a couple had roots that were over a foot long for sure ..

They do help in nutrient control but not a great deal but of course if you have 6 you are going to get far better depletion of nutrients ... but then you may not have that high levels anyway since your tank looks soooooo Good

So is a red thorny starfish reef safe? I am getting both yes and no answers?

Archived