Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I feel that it will look absolutely amazing growing out over a chalice dome. It's pretty nice to get to the point where I'm starting to own the corals that I drooled over for the last few months.

Thanks Spiro. I like your new clowns. Looks like your tank is coming along.

Thanks!

Hey, do you take your corals off the plugs and then re mount them? I know frag plugs are unsightly, but don't most corals grow over them anyway?

I either remove them with a blade (if they have a stony base) or whittle the plug down piece by piece with a pair of snips like they use at the nail shops, but bigger.

I dry the bottom of the frag, apply CA then a ball of that D-D underwater epoxy, and then some more CA and squish it into place. I try to pick a recessed area to place it if possible. I then wait a couple of days to let everything cure. After that, I mix some more epoxy and round off the edges so it doesn't look like I have Legos glued to my rock. It also makes it easier for the corals to spread that way. I can take a pic tomorrow of what I mean, may even tonight.

I dry the bottom of the frag, apply CA then a ball of that D-D underwater epoxy, and then some more CA and squish it into place. I try to pick a recessed area to place it if possible. I then wait a couple of days to let everything cure. After that, I mix some more epoxy and round off the edges so it doesn't look like I have Legos glued to my rock. It also makes it easier for the corals to spread that way. I can take a pic tomorrow of what I mean, may even tonight.

Thanks Joe!

surgicalsense
:lol: legos ... I clip the edges off of the frag plug, round it off a bit. But, leave it also so the coral has a better surface to grow on. Specially the zoas....

I got my chalice domes in from Scott and they are pretty cool. He even threw in a sample of one of their other products. Great communication too. I'll try and get the chalice mounted up soon. Pics to follow.

I got my chalice domes in from Scott and they are pretty cool. He even threw in a sample of one of their other products. Great communication too. I'll try and get the chalice mounted up soon. Pics to follow.

Awesome! I would totally do a chalice on a dome...if I had the room for it!!!!! Can't wait to see it :)

That's true. I'm thinking about renaming my tank Cape Ass for the time being :lol:

:lol:

Don't do that!!!!!

Those Sunny D's are amazing! Did you grow all of those or most of those?

Archived