Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

Nice on the Captain Americas, sucks on the sps.

I unknowingly bought an already STN'ing acro <_< it didn't spread for a while an then I even got more growth but now I'm pretty sure the battle is lost. Bleh. No more acro for me in this tank.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might go topless with my tank .... upgrade my lighting that way.

Do it!

Great movie! I love Don Knotts :)

I think as long as there are polyps still there...you are ok fingerscrossed

I checked again and everything was that same. I feel pretty good that it'll be ok. And yes, that's a great movie. I had a limpet attached to one of my turbos. It was kinda weird.

That's great news!!!! My birdsnest bleached a little in one spot. I got all freaked out, but figured there wasn't anything I could do. Now it's almost as pink as the rest of the frag and the polyps are out. I think it got a little too much LED in the beginning.

BTW....you know how we were talking kitchenaids? We made bread again on Sunday and the darn mixer started smoking!!!!! We called kitchenaid. It was still under the warranty so they are replacing it for us. BUT.....we are upgrading to the professional for only $50!!!!!!

I want mine to smoke! :angry: I just smell grease when mine comes on.

Well, if it ever does start smoking...you know what to do ;)

We've had ours for 4 years. The warranty is a 5 year. Luckily it didn't wait to give us trouble until after the warranty expired.

surgicalsense
Going for the filter floss?

Which ever is required I get .... remeber I was going to be asking those questions darlin.... LOL

Which ever is required I get .... remeber I was going to be asking those questions darlin.... LOL

considering your talkin about going topless and floss in someone else's thread i dont know that their is much more advice one could give

How is ur bleached sps doin joe?

considering your talkin about going topless and floss in someone else's thread i dont know that their is much more advice one could give

How is ur bleached sps doin joe?

It's staying the same which is a good thing from what I can tell. Other corals are starting to look awesome with the new LEDs. I really believe that I just over-handled the coral while working it into the rock work and epoxy. Thanks for asking.

I have a quick question. Where do you guys keep your parameters? I currently dose to bring my levels to:

Alk: 10 dKH

Ca: 440 ppm

Mg: 1350

I know some people have a lower Alk, what do you think?

Hey Joe,

FWIW, These are the parms I try to maintain.

In my 10g,

Alk 7.5

Cal 500

Mag 1450 - 1500.

Weekly 5g WCs with ESV salt keeps the Cal and Mag stable. Dose 10- 15 ml daily Alk except day after wc. this tank runs extremely stable with consistant husbandry.

My new tank w/ 55g in the system has been a problem. Have not found the sweet spot because of newness.

kevin

Thanks peoples.

Well, I finally tried making a video using iMovie on my Mac. I did some spot feeding with chunks of silversides that I chopped up. I took a bunch of pictures as they were eating and made a video. Keep in mind that this is my first try ever, so it isn't the best by any means. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS9npKPKAps

There's a treat at the end.

You a Donnie Darko fan? It's my top 5 favorites.

I had never heard of the movie until I met my husband then I watched it and was like WOW.

Love that song great vid!

PS

the creepy bunny did kind of freak me out though.... :eek:

Archived