Top Shelf Aquatics

Paigee's 20L Extravaganza!

Paigee

Thanks :) I also got a phosphate test, and looks like it registered at 0! I'll test again, but I'm pretty sure it's 0. It's an elos test kit.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks :) I also got a phosphate test, and looks like it registered at 0! I'll test again, but I'm pretty sure it's 0. It's an elos test kit.

That's GREAT! Least you know your water is good then :)

Deleted User 4

I'm so sorry about the "man" part lol, I had no idea you were a girl...I'd better be careful with that from now on..

I'm so sorry about the "man" part lol, I had no idea you were a girl...I'd better be careful with that from now on..

Hahaha no worries, I don't really care! Like I mentioned in your thread, I just think it's funny :P

Just need a TDS meter now! What would be my next best test kit? Dkh?

I would say the KH test kit. It's the one I actually used the most frequently!!!!!

Thanks all :) And Gena - I'll look into that one! First I should probably research what all these numbers are gonna mean... :P

Every day I open up my email hoping for one saying there is a healthy pink streaked wrasse waiting for me... Still nothing :( It's been 3 weeks.

Every day I open up my email hoping for one saying there is a healthy pink streaked wrasse waiting for me... Still nothing :( It's been 3 weeks.

Sorry to hear that! I don't think it's really that common of a fish though so I'm not surprised. Have you considered just ordering it online? I know shipping sucks but you could always throw in a few frags to make it worth the money.

How are your corals adjusting to the new tank? You also mentioned your birdsnest was looking a little pale--is it looking better? If it has good polyp extension it's probably fine.

Just be patient and hopefully you'll get one soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm currently waiting patiently on a midas blenny to replace my starry that jumped and no one around here seems to be getting them in lately.

I know what it is....they are waiting for us both to be ready for a pink streaked wrasse. Sorry for slowing you down :lol:;)

you're getting a wrasse? :)

Yup a pink streaked wrasse :) supposed to be a smaller nicer version of a six line.

Sorry to hear that! I don't think it's really that common of a fish though so I'm not surprised. Have you considered just ordering it online? I know shipping sucks but you could always throw in a few frags to make it worth the money.

How are your corals adjusting to the new tank? You also mentioned your birdsnest was looking a little pale--is it looking better? If it has good polyp extension it's probably fine.

I would order online if I could find anywhere to order from. Not that I've looked thoroughly but I haven't seen them offered on any sites in Canada. I'll just wait, if they got one I'm sure they will get another sometime. I'm just impatient!

And the birdsnest is still looking pale, but still has polyp extension so I'm not super concerned. I ended up leaving it in my 10 because the last time I did a water change I left the heater unplugged :eek: but nothing looks negatively effected, so all is well.

Just be patient and hopefully you'll get one soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm currently waiting patiently on a midas blenny to replace my starry that jumped and no one around here seems to be getting them in lately.

Thanks :D I'm resisting every urge to email them about it. I know he'll contact me when he has them :)

I know what it is....they are waiting for us both to be ready for a pink streaked wrasse. Sorry for slowing you down :lol:;)

Way to go Gena!! Hahaha good things come to those who wait, right? :)

---------------

On a positive note, the diatoms have significantly receded. Cant tell if the snails have been working hard or if they are just receding on their own. The astrea snails are funny, they are always catching a free ride on each other!

Way to go Gena!! Hahaha good things come to those who wait, right? :)

---------------

On a positive note, the diatoms have significantly receded. Cant tell if the snails have been working hard or if they are just receding on their own. The astrea snails are funny, they are always catching a free ride on each other!

That's exactly right :)

Great news on the diatoms. I think the diatoms will burn out once the silicates are used up in the tank. Plus I'm sure your snails helped out a lot!

Deleted User 4

Awww, I wish they had those in my lfs....I'd get one right away because I'm looking for a six-line in case my tank ever comes with flat worms.

If I don't hear back within a couple more weeks, then I'll start looking harder online to ship one in. Fingers crossed!

Ohh wwow, you're really serious about this... This has gone cray!!!

Haha I kind of figured since I can only pick 3-4 fish max, I need to make them what I reaaaaally want, not just settle for something because its there :)

Archived