Cultivated Reef

Paigee's 20L Extravaganza!

Paigee

:lol:

Nice mystery sps and chalice! When you say tiiiny birdsnest, you mean TIIIIIIIIINY. lol.

Welcome back friend :)

Thank you! And yes, it is SOOO small. But the colony was so beautiful, I had to have it. Here's to birdsnest being a fast grower! :P

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychosis

Awh, quit saying birdsnest. I was going to grab a $15 4" with 50+ new tip Ponape birdsnest from a local, but I got the 6 head Dendro instead. It's currently eating...a lot. The plates filled up on falling cerith this afternoon though.

Just added three more frags onto my group buy order...

Blue ice acro digitfera

Multicolor ric

Blue ric

:D I have a problem.

Nice!!!! We pretty much all have that problem :lol:

Looks like I most likely won't be getting the wrasse for my frag tank. I haven't completely decided against it, but I'm afraid to spend so much money and then have it accidently die by maxi-mini anemone!!!!!!

Awh, quit saying birdsnest. I was going to grab a $15 4" with 50+ new tip Ponape birdsnest from a local, but I got the 6 head Dendro instead. It's currently eating...a lot. The plates filled up on falling cerith this afternoon though.

Hehe you could always go back for it... :lol:

Nice!!!! We pretty much all have that problem :lol:

Looks like I most likely won't be getting the wrasse for my frag tank. I haven't completely decided against it, but I'm afraid to spend so much money and then have it accidently die by maxi-mini anemone!!!!!!

Awe that sucks, but I understand your concerns. Maybe one day!

Updated FTS shot with the lights!

I don't have anything in that tank yet :P New lights are on the 20L, all livestock is still in the 10. Still waiting on my AIO part to come in the mail.

Okokok the aio came in the mail today! I'm siliconing it tomorrow, all I still need is a maxi jet 900 and a new heater. Gonna call my lfs tomorrow to try and track down the pump, cuz I dont wanna wait to get it online :P then we scape and cycle!!!

Eeeeeeeee omgomgomg

Okokok the aio came in the mail today! I'm siliconing it tomorrow, all I still need is a maxi jet 900 and a new heater. Gonna call my lfs tomorrow to try and track down the pump, cuz I dont wanna wait to get it online :P then we scape and cycle!!!

Eeeeeeeee omgomgomg

Sick! How are you going to cycle the tank? Cocktail shrimp? Bottled ammonia & bacterial cultures? Can't wait until this tank gets going B)

I'm planning on taking about 6 pounds out of the ten gallon and seeding the dry rock with that. Wh knows how long it will take!

I'm planning on taking about 6 pounds out of the ten gallon and seeding the dry rock with that. Wh knows how long it will take!

I know this goes without saying, but be careful not to transfer any pests or otherwise unwanted critters to the new display. :happy:

I know, that's why I'm only taking 6 lbs. There are two rocks that are too infested with aiptasia to move in... These other rocks only have a couple I can nuke, and just to be safe I am going to make an island out of them so the aiptasia cant move off them in the new tank if any survive.

At least that's the plan anyway -_-

Spirofucci

New tank! Be sure to add some sand as well for the cycle. I bet your cycle will go fast!

New tank! Be sure to add some sand as well for the cycle. I bet your cycle will go fast!

Thanks :) I will add a bit. Don't wanna take too much cuz some of its kinda yucky :P

How are the new lights?

The new lights look good, I haven't tried them out yet though because the 20L is still empty.

I siliconed the AIO wall in today, another small set back is that the hole drilled in it that I was told would fit a maxi jet 900 powerhead does not fit. I think the seller was using the old maxi jet, and they've been revamped. But all is not lost, the LFS gave me a piece of half inch tubing that does fit through the hole and fits on the powerhead output.

Anyone know of any attachments that fit on half inch tubing? We tried some at the store but nothing worked.

Gonna give the silicone a couple days to cure, then I'm fillin er up and starting the cycle!

Glad you finally got that thing :)

I have no suggetions for fittings but I'm sure someone out there knows. I don't know if this would apply, but to get my hydor flow to fit on the return pipe I heated up the tubing with a blow dryer. It slipped right on after that and has held steady. You might try that with a fitting you already have. Hopefully this applies to your situation :lol:

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

MY LFS GOT IN SOME PINK STREAKED WRASSES!!!

SO EXCITED!

GETTING ONE TOMORROW!

NanoTopia

Looks like things are really happening... BTW, Oceanic Corals will be getting in some amazing frags in about a week, I think they are all SPS though, are you looking for SPS? I'm looking forward to picking up a few for myself.

Get a half inch flared barb fitting :)

I'll have to see if I can find one! Thanks :)

Can't wait to see your new wrasse!

I'm so pumped!!! Kind of awkward timing but I'll take what I can get

Looks like things are really happening... BTW, Oceanic Corals will be getting in some amazing frags in about a week, I think they are all SPS though, are you looking for SPS? I'm looking forward to picking up a few for myself.

Thanks for the heads up :) I think I'm going to hold off on more frags for a bit, I've picked up a few in the last couple weeks and I have 7 or 8 coming with a Fragalot group buy next week. My 10G will be overflowing until I can get everything moved over :P

Ugh more frustration... the maxi jet 900 is too strong, it would have overflown the display. Luckily I can exchange it, just have no idea how to figure out how many gph I need...

<_<

I just wanted to get my fishy :(

Well, more bad news. I called the LFS before I went to pick up the wrasse and unfortunately it died. Better there than in my tank though. He said he'll order another and it should be here in a week, but I'm not holding my breath because it took quite a while to get these ones in.

Exchanged the pump for a maxi jet 400, if this doesn't work I'll just sit and cry for a while :P

Yay pump works this time :)

And after getting over the disappointment, I think it's better to get the fish in a week or so, to give me time to get the 20L situated.

Archived