Coral Vue Hydros

Paigee's 20L Extravaganza!

Paigee

They are similar, but they are bright red with white and black eye spots near their tail...

Tanaka's

p-74616-tanakas-possum-wrasse.jpg

Possum

p-90160-Banded-Possum-Wras.jpg

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep... the red one was the one I thought you were talking about. I was looking into them for a while. They were always out of stock on LA though. They are really pretty!!!! Much prettier than the possum.

Haha I agree! That grey colour is kind of ho-hum. I'm also looking at Rainford's gobies, I've seen them at my LFS before. I'd have to ask if they could track down a Tanaka's.

Here's a Rainford's, since I'm posting pics of candidates...

p-71458-court-jester-goby.jpg

They're pretty striking in person.

Just read your whole thread :P

Nice 10g :)

I love the Rainfords goby but they can be quite challenging to get to eat.

Thanks for reading :) I appreciate it!

Hmm.. Challenging to get to eat is no good. My boyfriend feeds my tank sometimes and the most I can expect him to do is poke in a few NLS pellets. Maybe if they have them the next time I'm at the LFS I'll ask how theirs are eating.

I can't pick! I feel like this is such a final choice cuz I hate trading fish in. I like to keep them forever :)

So it was free in the US?

Haha oh man. Nooo. It is a free app. And those book prices are a load of garbage. Don't get me started on Canadian/American pricing differences.

Ugh I finally took the time to ID the thread like algae that is starting to grow in my tank, looks like it could be dinoflagellates. NOT IMPRESSED. So far it looks to be mainly on one rock... Any advice?

It's tempting to nuke the rock, but that is the ONE rock I epoxied zoas onto. Hmph.

Anyone else addicted to Draw Something on their phone? :happydance:

Yesssssssss! :)

I'll have to look it up. Sounds interesting.

Ugh I finally took the time to ID the thread like algae that is starting to grow in my tank, looks like it could be dinoflagellates. NOT IMPRESSED. So far it looks to be mainly on one rock... Any advice?

It's tempting to nuke the rock, but that is the ONE rock I epoxied zoas onto. Hmph.

If it's isolated to one rock, definitely work quickly. I've read dino's are a real PITA to get rid of! Peroxide works great in my experience (though I don't have experience with dinos). It won't hurt anything to give it a try. Even with the zoas on there, it's safe. I've treated zoas and cloves with 100% peroxide which covered both coral. Nothing bad happened. They took a day to open back up though.

How much Canadian was it?

:huh:

You mean how many Loonies did it cost? (that's the one dollar coin)

Two. Two Canadians.

:lol:

Love it it's called a Twoonie! (The two dollar coin)

What are you, the Forum GIF Frequency Police?

:P

Give us something new, you shouldn't use the same gif over again this soon! ;)

Archived