Top Shelf Aquatics

Paigee's 20L Extravaganza!

Paigee

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are you, the Forum GIF Frequency Police?

They're not nearly as funny/entertaining if we've already seen them before. :P

They're not nearly as funny/entertaining if we've already seen them before. :P

Penis?

So that's what happens when you get married.

Penis?

So that's what happens when you get married.

:lol: You know I meant gifs, but I guess it could apply to other things as well. :P

gay-gif-lips-lipstick-Favim.com-232494_large.gif

ACK!!

My retinas!

Anyway I just realized I follow this thread but have never posted here. I love this tank and that firefish is adorable :flower:

Anyway I just realized I follow this thread but have never posted here.

Too busy protesting at the State Capitol?

:lol:

Haha wow you guys have been busy while I was gone! Thanks all, I will try peroxide!! I think I might even be able to avoid getting the zoos in it... I'm not sure if I'll be able to contain it, it looks like it MAY have spread to the sand? I'm not sure. Possibly just brown algae. Urgh.

And everyone should get Draw Something :P PM me if you want my username and we can play!

I sent an email to my LFS about getting a Tanaka's, haven't gotten a reply yet.

I'm not very familiar with the algae you're talking about, but if it spreads past the point of being able to spot peroxide it or something, you should keep a really close eye on your parameters to make sure they stay perfect and do frequent water changes. Keeping the water really clean an free of excess nutrients plus spot removal should clear it up over time. Or you could always try to find something that will eat it.

This may also help:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-11/rhf/index.php

Thanks for the link Felicia! I think I was overreacting a little. I picked out a few peices of caulpera today and there is hardly any there. I do have strange tubular shapes in my sand bed that are everywhere when I stir it up, those kind of weird me out.

I still can't decide if I want to nuke the rock! URGH. There are aiptasia, possibly some hydroids starting... The algae that gets out of control.... But I don't want to lose all my pods! Would I be able to save some pods if I freshwater dipped the rock and netted out pods really quickly? Those are really the only things I don't want to lose. I'll just have to figure out how to pry the purple hornet zoas off the rock. I did get a 2 polyp frag glued down today on a piece of rubble though, so worst comes to worst I have 2 polyps.

Also, looking into purchasing this clip on moonlight , because I feel like I could use an extra blue pop, and I want a moonlight :) Just not sure how ghetto fab it would look to have 3 lights clipped on my tank <_<

/end train of thought post

EDIT - after looking at that article, it might not be dragonfillates (or however it goes) at all. I'll try and get a pic tomorrow. It is a reddish/brownish stringy thing that hangs off of various things (mainly caulpera) and can get fairly long, some strands reaching about an inch to an inch and a half.

Also something I forgot to add earlier - I think I'm going to have a modded AC filter when I do my 20L, probably a 70. Probably won't do floss or anything, maybe just some purigen and some chaeto/caulpera (since I have so much already!). Possibly ordering an inTank media basket?

And everyone should get Draw Something :P PM me if you want my username and we can play!

I'm scubaethan! I just downloaded it.

just go to the dollar store and buy a solar powered walkway light. take it apart. tape it to the rim of ur tank. solar side up. Your lights will power the moonlights. done $2 = endless moonlights.

also post pics when done.

Does anyone have any experience with hi-fin perchlets? My LFS has them in stock, and I'm looking at them on their website thinking they are very cool.

Liveaquaria cites them as needing 30g, but they are very small. Would one be ok in a 20L?

Does anyone have any experience with hi-fin perchlets? My LFS has them in stock, and I'm looking at them on their website thinking they are very cool.

Liveaquaria cites them as needing 30g, but they are very small. Would one be ok in a 20L?

No experience here but they are on my list of fish I'm interested in. What's your stocking list for the 20L?

No experience here but they are on my list of fish I'm interested in. What's your stocking list for the 20L?

That's the epic debate!! So far the only for sure is the fish I have which is the firefish...

Things I'm considering:

Hector's goby

Rainford's goby

Hifin perchlet

Green or yellow clown goby

And I'm sure I'm missing some that I've debated. Open to suggestions!

Oh! And I forgot about the Tanaka's pygmy wrasse... All of the above I can get easily, but I'm working on tracking down a Tanaka's. No luck so far.

I like green banded gobies alot! Mine was super cool and would literally flip in the water! You should check them out!

I like green banded gobies alot! Mine was super cool and would literally flip in the water! You should check them out!

I like mine too!!!! It did flips in the water???? I haven't seen mine do that yet!!!!

They don't do much swimming though, if you are after a swimming fish. At least mine don't.

I like mine too!!!! It did flips in the water???? I haven't seen mine do that yet!!!!

They don't do much swimming though, if you are after a swimming fish. At least mine don't.

Thanks for the suggestions! They are pretty cute, but like Gena said, I'm after something that moves around a bit more. I'm thinking I'll do 3 fish, but maybe if I decide a small 4th could sneak in, it could be a green banded goby!

It was really cool, Hmm I really wish it was easier to red spotted cardinals a small/nice schooling fish would look really nice too!

Yay pictures? I got bored so took some crap iPhone pics.

FTS

IMG_0953.jpg

Metallic mushies

IMG_0942.jpg

Brown and green zoas with ric

IMG_0955.jpg

Zoas in continued recovery... For some reason they look better in the pics than in real life

IMG_0954.jpg

Creepy red bristley feather duster like thing... ID?! It does have a dusty bit that comes out, it just retracted cuz I shone a flashlight on it

IMG_0951-2.jpg

Group shot, this shows the colour on those zoas better

IMG_0950.jpg

Rainbow monti, still looking the same...

IMG_0947.jpg

A variety of pests... This is the aiptasia that exploded and grew back, caulpera, and some stringy algae growing on the caulpera

IMG_0945.jpg

And these are non-fishy related bonus shots!!

This is my kitty Sasha with her boyfriend the duffel bag. She loves to lay on this thing.

IMG_0957.jpg

Aaaaand my pretty new pink wallet, only $18 :wub: I thought Kat and Gena might appreciate this cuz of its colour :D

IMG_0939.jpg

AND AND AND

I forgot..

Heard back from the second LFS I emailed, he said he can probably get a Tanaka's pygmy :wub:

great shots! I wish my i phone took em like that. Rainbow monti has it goin on!!!

Oh and nice kitty and purse!

Archived