Pod Your Reef

Paigee's 20L Extravaganza!

Paigee

So here are the results of me borrowing my mom's camera! Enjoy :)

Pretty zoas

DSCN0301.jpg

Half tank shot with Gilbert chillin

DSCN0308.jpg

Bambams recovering from being face down in the sand for a day

DSCN0312.jpg

Probably my fav pic from this batch, my radioactive dragon eyes

DSCN0314.jpg

A neat shot of Gilbert from behind

DSCN0320.jpg

Rainbow monti

DSCN0305.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

And this is the PO'd frogspawn

DSCN0324.jpg

/endphotodump

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a nice dump!

Tanks is really looking good. I love your zoas.

Thank you :) One of the things that made me want to start reefing was the huge selection of zoas. I lurve them :wub:

That's a real nice rainbow frag. I hope mine turns out like that. :)

It will! I have faith! Your set up is much fancier than mine :P How is it doing? Starting to improve at all?

Yeah it is a nice rainbow monti. I like the radioactive dragon eyes too. I need to get me some of those.

Thanks :D The dragon eyes are such a nice shades of green, and they were one of my first corals so they have a special place in my heart hehe :rolleyes:

On a different note - has anyone else found bambam zoas (or whatever name you wanna give those purple and orange ones) to be more finnicky? Granted these guys did some sand surfing, but before that I always found them to be stretching and slow growers. I tried putting them higher cuz stretching = wanting more light, but then the destructive hermie made them fall. <_<

Beautiful pictures!!!!! You forgot the FTS though :happy:

Bam Bams are all orange. I think those look like, and I can't remember the name exactly, but it has something to do with sunny side up eggs, IF they have some yellow in the center? I had those and they were very slow growers for me. They certainly are beautiful though.

bam bams are sick.

Thank you :)

Beautiful pictures!!!!! You forgot the FTS though :happy:

Bam Bams are all orange. I think those look like, and I can't remember the name exactly, but it has something to do with sunny side up eggs, IF they have some yellow in the center? I had those and they were very slow growers for me. They certainly are beautiful though.

I know I keep forgetting the FTS! If it makes you feel any better, the left side is not nearly as interesting as the right side is :P

They do have a little yellow in the centre! I'll look and see if I can find their real name. But then again I'm sure theres 20348234 different names for them :lol:

Thank you :)

I know I keep forgetting the FTS! If it makes you feel any better, the left side is not nearly as interesting as the right side is :P

They do have a little yellow in the centre! I'll look and see if I can find their real name. But then again I'm sure theres 20348234 different names for them :lol:

I swear it has something to do with eggs :lol: Maybe it's Sunny Side Up????? I don't know. But they are gorgeous :)

But then again I'm sure theres 20348234 different names for them :lol:

:lol: Exactly. I could care less about names. Sometimes they are amusing but I mostly remember the names because they are worth more money. I was sold orange bam bam zoas and they are all orange. They look like the same shape as yours, just solid orange.

And mine are fairly slow growers.

I want "those purple and orange ones" ;)

Whatever they are, they are sloooow growers. Hmph. -_-

Not sure if anyone can tell in the pic up further on this page, but Gilbert's top fin is kind of frayed. It has been like that for a while, but it doesn't bother him. It's not getting any worse. I'm thinking it is from possibly the rock that he lives under. Does that sound about right?

I'm starting to ponder what fish I want to add when I do my 20L upgrade in a month or two...

I need something peaceful, obviously reef safe, and I'd like it to be fairly colourful. I'll throw out a few thoughts, but please suggest some too! Only thing I definitely don't want is a clown. Don't know why, just not my cup of tea at the moment.

Green/yellow clown goby

Tanaka's pygmy wrasse

Rainford's goby

Possibly some kind of eviota goby

Tailspot blenny

Not sure if anyone can tell in the pic up further on this page, but Gilbert's top fin is kind of frayed. It has been like that for a while, but it doesn't bother him. It's not getting any worse. I'm thinking it is from possibly the rock that he lives under. Does that sound about right?

Sounds right to me. Makes sense that he's just bumping it on the rocks. It doesn't look bad at all.

As far as new fish for the upgrade...I say you can't go wrong with a blenny or goby. I'm not really familiar with the wrasses, besides the sixline.

I'm starting to ponder what fish I want to add when I do my 20L upgrade in a month or two...

I need something peaceful, obviously reef safe, and I'd like it to be fairly colourful. I'll throw out a few thoughts, but please suggest some too! Only thing I definitely don't want is a clown. Don't know why, just not my cup of tea at the moment.

Green/yellow clown goby

Tanaka's pygmy wrasse

Rainford's goby

Possibly some kind of eviota goby

Tailspot blenny

I'm interested in a pygmy wrasse too whenever I upgrade/set up another tank but I don't know much about them. I had to google eviota goby and found this. But those are all good choices. How many fish do you want?

Sounds right to me. Makes sense that he's just bumping it on the rocks. It doesn't look bad at all.

As far as new fish for the upgrade...I say you can't go wrong with a blenny or goby. I'm not really familiar with the wrasses, besides the sixline.

I think the tailspots are really cute, and from what I hear have good personalities too :) I think the tanaka's pygmy wrasses are really pretty, but I've heard they are very shy and reclusive.

I'm interested in a pygmy wrasse too whenever I upgrade/set up another tank but I don't know much about them. I had to google eviota goby and found this. But those are all good choices. How many fish do you want?

I'm thinking 3-4. If four, one would be very small, like a neon or clown goby. And it is my understanding that eviota gobies include some really small ones, like the red neon eviota goby.

These look like fire and ice, surely not bambams.

Thank you :) Maybe they are fire and ice. I don't know, some look exactly the same. The fire and ice pics looked exactly the same as the Montezuma's revenge ones I saw on another site.

Nice pics!!

Getting an ID on a Zoa is impossible imo. Even wholesalers have different pics of the same zoa and then they look different in your tank.

As far as fish go, I am totally hooked on my Midas blenny. Coolest fish ever. I also have a blue grudgeon goby that is all blue. There are not too many blue fish. He does hide most of the time except when my face is in the tank, he knows food is coming!

Nice pics!!

Getting an ID on a Zoa is impossible imo. Even wholesalers have different pics of the same zoa and then they look different in your tank.

As far as fish go, I am totally hooked on my Midas blenny. Coolest fish ever. I also have a blue grudgeon goby that is all blue. There are not too many blue fish. He does hide most of the time except when my face is in the tank, he knows food is coming!

I always liked Midas blennys, but thought they would grow too large for a 20L? Liveaquaria lists them as maxing out at 6", which is pretty big when your tank is only 30". I just googled the blue gudgeon, and looks like they might also get a bit too large. They are very beautiful though! Love their colour! :)

bulboushead

Hey Paige, just read your whole thread after your reply to my firefish post. Gilbert is a keeper for sure! Glad to see everything in your tank is going well, and that both of us have different problems we've dealt with so far in the tank. I'm bummed for losing my firefish for reasons I can't identify, but I will most likely let the tank chill out and take care of small problems along the way. I still have 3 frags that are purdy :)

I always liked Midas blennys, but thought they would grow too large for a 20L? Liveaquaria lists them as maxing out at 6", which is pretty big when your tank is only 30". I just googled the blue gudgeon, and looks like they might also get a bit too large. They are very beautiful though! Love their colour! :)

You know...my purple firefish was rated for 10g minimum tank size and she seemed WAY too big for my tank. She was full grown though. I really question the 10g min. I found when I researched. Perhaps for a baby firefish...but definitely not full grown! I'll have to look and see what the min. tank size is for a Midas. I've never researched that one :) 6" is a huge fish!

Hey Paige, just read your whole thread after your reply to my firefish post. Gilbert is a keeper for sure! Glad to see everything in your tank is going well, and that both of us have different problems we've dealt with so far in the tank. I'm bummed for losing my firefish for reasons I can't identify, but I will most likely let the tank chill out and take care of small problems along the way. I still have 3 frags that are purdy :)

Thanks for stopping in! :) Glad to hear you'll keep at it. Corals are fun to look at too! And you can also search for hitchhikers... I still find them, and my tank's been up since last July!

You know...my purple firefish was rated for 10g minimum tank size and she seemed WAY too big for my tank. She was full grown though. I really question the 10g min. I found when I researched. Perhaps for a baby firefish...but definitely not full grown! I'll have to look and see what the min. tank size is for a Midas. I've never researched that one :) 6" is a huge fish!

6" is indeed pretty large! Haha I can't seem to pick what I do want. I really like the Tanaka's, but I'm worried it will just hide and I'll never see it, and that's no fun!

Decisions, decisions...

Archived