Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would get one in a heartbeat if I thought I could care for it and under that care it would live for a long time.

Got a positive ID on the orange discs. You guys were right, they are flatworms. But they are genus Waminoa and only live on coral. They are commensal though (they benefit, coral no change). The are unsightly at best. Usually go away on their own. A possible sign of too many nutrients. This is the kind of thing I was talking about when I said I would feed until I went too far and I would cut back to find the balance.

Luckily this type of worm only lives on coral, not like the other kinds that go everywhere. :) I've had them off and on this whole time so I'm not worried about it, just noticed more than usual today.

Sorry, I do it so when someone is just scanning pages for photos or videos they can easily see it instead of it a one word hyperlink in a paragraph. ;)

Really? You saw that?

LOL

Well there is one new thing!

I took a lesson in the Book of Joel, I couldn't get the 6-lines I wanted to as they are now in their forever home the frag tanks, but I did get a nice new Buddy!

NM though, just getting through each day, you?

Really? You saw that?

LOL

Well there is one new thing!

I took a lesson in the Book of Joel, I couldn't get the 6-lines I wanted to as they are now in their forever home the frag tanks, but I did get a nice new Buddy!

NM though, just getting through each day, you?

Sweet deal on the Mandy :)

I'm feeling real good about the reef, everything coming together :)

Only YOU would somehow get a commensal Flatworm... :rolleyes:

Don't doubt me when I say I know how lucky I got with that. :D their presence makes me consider revisiting a sixline down the road.

So how'd you do this weekend? Can I expect some wicked coralz on Wednesday? :flower:

Sweet deal on the Mandy :)

I'm feeling real good about the reef, everything coming together :)

Don't doubt me when I say I know how lucky I got with that. :D their presence makes me consider revisiting a sixline down the road.

So how'd you do this weekend? Can I expect some wicked coralz on Wednesday? :flower:

Almost time for that first new fish? No I know your waiting 8 weeks, that would be almost harder then waiting for the cycle.

I'm looking at like mid-February for fish. I'll add coral, and almost got a coral banded shrimp but I resisted the urge today when I bought Brightwell Aquatics Reef Snow.

Joe Dirt, since we have been talking about foods for awhile now, Reef Snow is exactly what Two Little Fishes Marine Snow but it's half the volume and a third the price so it's a better value next time you need it ;)

Dude sixlines are where its at.

I really have no idea why BA is so cheap. I get a much stronger feeding respond with it. Here a 250ml bottle is $6-10 depending on the product. Most are $6.

My acro is giving me fits. -_- I've moved it down but it's still bleaching but I'm getting much more PE when I feed :huh: like 5x more than when I got it.

Dude sixlines are where its at.

They are cool, just don't want to buy the same fish all the time. They had a beautiful purple queen anthias today, I'd like to try one of those.

Also, your sig is freaking huge, crop that down :lol:

Well polyp extension is good..... IDK mine never got mad.

Got scared on Sunday when I asked the Husband to trim the frag plug on the Birdie and when he made the first cut into the plastic plug it just fell off the base! :eek: SO then I had to glue it to the Rock but it wouldn't stay, finally I got it to stay, then I looked at the plug and there was still a good CM of living tissue on there so he trimmed that down more and I put it in there 2. So I inadvertently fragged the Birdsnest... but all seems well.

Their tougher then I thought, I would just let it be in the spot it's at, keep feeding it and wait a month or 2 unless it looks bad.

Flatworms can PO acros too can't they?

Archived