Top Shelf Aquatics

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

Sometimes you just gotta lick a phone. :lol:

I just like Brightwell :) have you got any yet? I'm telling you the PE and feeding response is visibly better compared to Phyto/Zooplex

Not yet.

I forgot to grab it, last trip to the lfs.

I'll get some next time. :happy:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I understand, seals 2 liter bottles. And this might just be my opinion prismo, but what does acid do? Change ph,...what happens when we change the ph...especially as rapid as adding an acid would be?

This is what the bottle of Phytochrom says so whoever is interested can read it:

kqpGe.jpg

7rxw1.jpg

It seems to have a lot more than just plankton in it.

I don't doubt that culturing your own produces more live plankton though :)

Jeez looks like an encyclopedia. :o

It's got a lot of good info :)

This is turning into a MD thread.

How so?

My bad, sorry for hijacking

On topic discussion about aquaculturing phytoplankton and pods is in no way hijacking. You helped gena, and I'm sure planted the seed in a few other lurkers' minds about doing it. I also definitely plan to revisit this many times as I continue to experiment with coral foods because in my search it seems like people just try one kind food, get results and never try anything else. After I burn through all the available foods I have I'll probably write a coral food comparison post and add it to the table of contents. It's not going to be scientific, just my observations of my particular corals' response and growth.

No, because no fish had any sign of disease nor did they exhibit any behavior out of the norm. That's why it was disheartening, it wasn't like I could point to something and definitively say, "this was the cause."

That's gonna be cool joel. I am one for mixxing. Everything I have for variety....some like some don't. Eventually everybody eats the other stuff, however not a fan of freeze dried except cyclopeeze. I use marine snow, frozen mysis, frozen krill, frozen brine, frozen bloodworms, nutramar ova, nutrmar oyster, new life spectrum pellets, phyto, freeze dried cyclopeeze, rinsed capelin roe, live brine, copepods, rotifers, nori, tetra flakes. I do a mix of atleast 5 every day. And dose 1/4 cup phyto in am, 1/4 cup at night. I rinse all my frozen in rodi then soak in selcon and garlic for 30 min

Did they give you that feeding schedule when you bought 3 mp10's? :lol:

Love the overkill. That's basically what I want my schedule to be down the road. If I start that now I won't be able to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Lol no I concocted it. For real though how lam would it be to eat the same 3 things your whole life :/ oooh this trigger pod had a nutty tasted and this tiger pod tased like a ham sandwhich. Who would wanna eat pbjs and ham sandwhiches year round lol

Archived