Pod Your Reef

a Wisconsin Reef... my experiences in aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alpha Aquaculture
Great looking corals Alpha! Good luck with your fragging, I know it can get tedious.

Thanks! I've got a friend that also helps with fragging but even then its hard to get them all fragged. We are gonna stop everything in the next few weeks and just frag. Then wait a few months and see what happens :) Finally got a buncha kalk stirrers in the other day!!! Just need to order the bulbs still and receive the other stands for the other set of raceways. We are almost totally ready to hit it hard!

Alpha Aquaculture
SO SICK !!!!!!

Had to get my first root canal the other day those pics were too sweet! No really I got my first root canal but it wasn't that bad :) Thank you!!! :)

amazing, need more updates and pictures of the tanks

Thanks!! I'll try to get more updates in for you guys!

"Charlie Sheen Chalice"

:lol::lol:

WINNING!!!

Alpha Aquaculture

First time successfully hatching clownfish eggs last night!!! I started with about a hundred eggs. On the first night after being put in the hatching tank, about 5 of the eggs popped off the pot and ended up on the bottom of the tank i'm guessing due to too much bubbling. On the second night (last night) by 11:30pm about 5-10 had hatched. Some were sitting on the bottom of the tank and darting upwards occasionally. Some were swimming around normally. I have no heater in a 5.5g tank with a temp of about 76-78F (ambient temp). I decided not to add a heater after the first time I tried hatching and the heater malfunctioned heating up to 95F. I have a light over the tank just barely adding light to one corner of the tank. I added some green water to tint and some rotifers last night. I'm going to add some more rotifers today when I go to check them. I'm hoping all of them hatched out by now. Can't wait to see!!!

Alpha Aquaculture
I wish.... I just wish I had that kind of space.... <_<

Space is one thing I don't have to worry about :) Pics coming of the babies soon...

Alpha Aquaculture
I can't wait to see them.

Fantastic news on your first hatch!!!!!!

Bring on the picturz!!!!

Thanks guys!!! Pics coming right now :)

Alpha Aquaculture

Here are some pics of my first ever hatchout!!! I got around 13 babies growing right now :)

Day 2

12-29-2011-IMG_6561.jpg

12-29-2011-IMG_6565.jpg

Day 5 (today)

12-29-2011-IMG_6571.jpg

I'm so proud of them :)

Alpha Aquaculture
Nice

Always good to see someone getting good results

Thanks Rich! I only got around 20% survival rate with hatching this batch but I hope to increase that number with each hatch that follows. Thanks in big part to your mentoring :) Thanks bro!!!

Congrats man!

Thanks Pickle! Nothing compared to your success :) You guys have got skills!!! I hope one day to have 50% of your experience lol :)

Congrats. I look forward to watching them progress! :D

Thanks smitty! You know I will be posting updated pics of them growing :) Although its very hard to get pics of these little guys. Especially since I realized I needed to add phyto to the water. Its so cloudy with green and rotifers lol.

Archived