ReefCleaners.org

Tron's SPS Legacy

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron
yea... Not enough space for a good skimmer and they could be loud...

by the way, check out my build thread, it may look a bit familiar... :unsure:

oh, so you do have the 29.... look into an aquaticlife 115 or something like that, fits right in the rear chamber, check with stevie at intank, hell help you out... chaeto, a skimmer, man your tank would be crystal.....i wish i could have one....colors woud be ten time hardier...

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

nothing a little dremel action cant fix, besides, its only better ventilation.... im sure theres a way it will work, its the most popular selected skimmer with that particular tank and im sure thats with hood....

pm stevie and banjo, im sure they will be more than helpful

Hey bud Ive got a question for you. Your clam looks happy, mine doesn't. Its not opening up all the way because i think there is too much flow, but my MP10 is only set to the 3rd little light, which isn't even that much. Did yours take a while to get used to the flow?

SouthFlorida_Tron

50% WC today since was out over the weekend and god knows how my wifey dosed.... figured itll get the extra crud out! Ill try n get some pictards! :blush:

So far so good, it has spun itself around a few times. I think it's fully opened because I can see both openings but I'm not sure if it should open more, it's only about 2 inches or so. Going to go get some food for it today, any recommendations?

SouthFlorida_Tron

A eco reef, in the fridge they have this stuff called Reef nutrition Oyster Feast, it feeds the widest variety of corals, from soft to hard etc...... including clams.

i use it, love it.

some peopl say they dont notice a difference, primarily, fish poop in a way is coral food but since i only have 2 fish i prefer to feed oyster feast once or twice a week....

few drops a week, more and you can raise your nitrates and phoshates....

Also another decent one is like the DT Phytofeast or something like that.... its all the same.

Yea I was thinking of picking up the Oyster Feast, I read it in your thread :D

Do you know how many drops you put in, I'm thinking twice a week should be fine, I'll only be feeding the clam for now?

I have 5 fish, unfortunately there should be plenty of poop, LOL

Any suggestions on frozen food, thinking of alternating that with the pellets on the feeding days (every other day).

SouthFlorida_Tron

5 fish? I'd stick with pellets & skip the oyster feast til you are fully stocked on corals... For now, one clam should b fine off light, calcium, & fish waste

SouthFlorida_Tron

Look for the frozen cubes of mysis shrimp. Try half a cube first, defrost in a shot glass with tank water then throw it in for the feeding frenzy, if it's gone quick use a whole cube, try 1/2 first.

I don't know the name...

all you have to do is peel the rim off. Only held on by silicone. Then take a razor and clean up the silicone left behind. It took me like 10-15mins and did it with with sps, anemones, fish.....

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ya...... i dunno with my luck id mess it up, its not broke y fix it.... eventually this tank will be swapped out for some nice clean rimless glass :P

most likely a CAD!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Post water change, so everything sat a few extra minutes out of water since i have a small bucket and basically did a WC twice lol....

excuse the remote shutter light on my camera, gonna start flipping it around to avoid light :(

Cloudy & dirty glass!

afterwaterchange.jpg

Pissed off corals!

pissedoffsps.jpg

Slime!!!!

Slime.jpg

The island in the front holds that small green frag, few SPS tips that broke off that are growing..... & moved the ricordea from being shaded and dying, to there (you can tell how light deprived they are)

Frontisland.jpg

Before and After on this BN frag! Pure Growth

8-16-11

pearlberry8-16-11.jpg

9-21-11

BNFrag9-21-11.jpg

Archived