Top Shelf Aquatics

Kylebeano's 4g Finnex Mixed Reef

Kylebeano

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: looks fat and happy! If I didn't already know I could tell you just fed it by the nassarius making its run for the top. I still never understood why they do that :huh:
:lol: looks fat and happy! If I didn't already know I could tell you just fed it by the nassarius making its run for the top. I still never understood why they do that :huh:

Haha, feed it all the time! I think I've noticed a new clone forming already. Those snails are funny, like stupid sharks, can sense food once it hits the water. But, they decide to climb the glass then slide and fall back down onto their shell.

Kyle, I got my king midas today. They're still utterly pissed off and not attached to a plug so not sure what they look like. I'll watch them for a few days before trying to attach them to a rubble piece.

Kyle, I got my king midas today. They're still utterly pissed off and not attached to a plug so not sure what they look like. I'll watch them for a few days before trying to attach them to a rubble piece.

That's great! I hope they will be okay though! If they're not attached to anything will they float into things, or do you have them in a shot glass?

the guy i got them from had them in a pvc piece with a frag disk and netting. they didn't attach, might have been freshly fragged. anyway I gued them to a piece of rubble now. Haven't opened up, which is okay, zoanthids can take all kinds of time. watching. waiting, wth

• 3 weeks later...
Beautiful. I have to say your king midas look great. What lights are used in these pictures?

Mine are slouchers, but very yellow.

Thanks a lot, im surprised all the corals havent died after leaving them for days with the poor tank sitter ive used! Im nervous leaving for thanksgiving, as Ill be gone for almost 5 days without the TS :scarry:

The light I use is a Boost Par30 c 2rb, 1b, 1cw, 1nw. If any par bulbs go on a good sale for the holiday, ill probably pick up another. I think the tank needs more light, one for each island.

The only picture I have right now of my KM. What dyu think?

IMG_3444.JPG

Also, how long did it take for that sympodium to blossom in your tank?

Youve got a nice frag there ;)

lots of babies!

The sympodium opened up first day, but I got it at our LFS and live 5 minutes away. It hasnt really grown at all though :angry:

And I just got back from a 5 day vacation, without a TS, and everything is still alive and kicking! That's without an ATO as well omgomgomg

What a delightful little tank! I have the 8g finnex which is discontinued.

I noticed that you have a little dendro, how is that doing for you? At least I think it's a dendro. In the bottom left corner. I've considered those, but they are much more expensive than my tubasterea. In Miami, it's per head, it it's like $30 a head! Sheeesh... :o

yay! I'm going to be without a TS for 2 days but the cleaning lady will throw in some pre-measured food.

Those arent babies those are pissed off polyps!

Haha, a cleaning lady would hate my apartment, and probably nuke my tank purposfully. The KM will look good next to those other zoanthids you have there, theyre almost inverse colors of each other.

Fun little set up, how're you liking the par-30? Giving you the color variation you looked for?

Thanks man, The bulb does fine for color in softies and LPS, and some of the SPS, but I cant get any birdsnest to really shine in the tank. Im goint to try and get another, one for each island, and maybe that would help with color and growth. You really can't beat it at 13 watts.

What a delightful little tank! I have the 8g finnex which is discontinued.

I noticed that you have a little dendro, how is that doing for you? At least I think it's a dendro. In the bottom left corner. I've considered those, but they are much more expensive than my tubasterea. In Miami, it's per head, it it's like $30 a head! Sheeesh... :o

Thank yoouuuu. The tank rocks, uses like 16w of energy. And yes, the polyp in the corner is a dendro, and I did buy it for $30! I wanted something for that corner, and it needed to be NPS since there is no direct light to it. I feed it maybe every other day. Waiting for babies.

Lookin good! I just got a polyp of Sunny D and some KM myself, awesome zoas/palys

Btw what camera are you using? I've been half-heartedly looking into a new camera myself and I like how well your shots turned out, especially under LEDs

Lookin good! I just got a polyp of Sunny D and some KM myself, awesome zoas/palys

Btw what camera are you using? I've been half-heartedly looking into a new camera myself and I like how well your shots turned out, especially under LEDs

Thanks brah, glad you are able to get a hold of those zoas, fantastic specimins!

Im using this canon point and shoot, its old as fuh now and there is a really nice updated version that was selling for like $150. I think the sx140 or something. Great camera all around

edit, I would buy this newer one for $150.

Nice camera, my fiancee and I actually are getting a Canon S95 for christmas, it looks like the best thing without actually getting a DSLR in terms of control and features.

But I think you need to frag me some of those acans!

An Actual FTS

041.jpg

1.jpg[/img]

Lol your tank and its placement is like a mirror image of mine.

The tank is looking nice! I was going to use the same tank but I forgot to bring it when I moved and ended up with the mini s.

The BN's change of color is strange. It looks like it has a good growth rate. Hopefully it'll change back later on like newman said.

Kyle,

Nice tank, it is coming along nicely!

Are those clove polyps in there? if so, how do you like them?

If I more local access to corals, I would probably be adding more quickly, but as it is, You are winning! hehe!

Looks like you have SPS in there? Doing ok with them?

What is your current filtration?

I agree, Finnex 4 gallon is a nice choice for a small tank.

Brian

Sooo... we're gonna trade zoas/palys when ours grow out.... right? :lol:

Haha, who knows, maybe some of ours may morph slightly different

Lol your tank and its placement is like a mirror image of mine.

The tank is looking nice! I was going to use the same tank but I forgot to bring it when I moved and ended up with the mini s.

The BN's change of color is strange. It looks like it has a good growth rate. Hopefully it'll change back later on like newman said.

Thanks a lot for the compliment, it's just the right size for my apartment and maintanance is too easy!

The birdsnest are growing really well, but dont seem to be coloring up as of yet. I may just remove them if I find something else suitible.

Kyle,

Nice tank, it is coming along nicely!

Are those clove polyps in there? if so, how do you like them?

If I more local access to corals, I would probably be adding more quickly, but as it is, You are winning! hehe!

Looks like you have SPS in there? Doing ok with them?

What is your current filtration?

I agree, Finnex 4 gallon is a nice choice for a small tank.

Brian

Thank you Brian, the 'clove' looking coral is sympodium, and I love it. Although, I would absolutely love to get my hands on some really nice cloves (orange/green, blue,). I just dont have much room anymore.

There are several SPS pices in there; birdsnests, montiporas, acros. All are having noticible growth, and all but the BNs are keeping great color.

Filtration is from an overflow box with floss, AC70, and chemipure elite. I want to start that AC70 into a fuge sometime soon.

Haha, who knows, maybe some of ours may morph slightly different

Good, cause I want some fruit loops, and CARs. I haz true PH if you'd liek :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Good, cause I want some fruit loops, and CARs. I haz true PH if you'd liek :lol:

Well, the fruit loops havnt really done a damn thing since their first division. They at least hold their color well! On a better note, the CARs are really taking off, I have six now from the one purchased.

phota baum:

017-4.jpg

006-10.jpg

015-5.jpg

005-11.jpg

012-9.jpg

016-6.jpg

020-6.jpg

010-9.jpg

008-8.jpg

001-14.jpg

021-4.jpg