Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kylebeano's 4g Finnex Mixed Reef

Kylebeano

yes it does look like it lost most of its green. my green BN also did that when a frag of it was introduced into my LED-lit picotope, but after a few months, it grew into a nice colony and is starting to revert back to its original coloration. i expect yours to do a similar thing, it just takes time.

Thanks for the optimism! Hopefully it will color in better, its not an ORA green bn, but it still was green. Ive actually held back from getting an ORA green bn from my LFS that is amazing for fear of it losing color as well.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psh, get it, you can keep it.

I'm super jealous of your acans, they are suhweet! :lol:

Thank you, theyre from uniquecorals in NY. They've been growing really well, ive been feeding them a mixture of cyclops/rotifers/daphnea/prawn roe/mysis/mini blood worms lol.

As for the BN, im going to hold off for another fragging. The one he has left is pretty wimpy.

AND

I took new pics after some new aquascaping (removal of the large middle bridging rock). I think it makes the tank look larger, and adds more room for additional corals. Pics are still with my phone, as I havnt bought batteries yet >:|

But, photobucket can now edit pictures so I tried to lighten them up and look more realistic. The FTS looks a lot better than the last.

333-1.jpg

335-1.jpg

334-1.jpg

337-1.jpg

There was one frag of the ORA BN in the $30 and it was a beaut!

Also, I think the mia's pot of gold is gone :/ he has another frag on the back side of the giant shallow tank, and a colony left I think they're gonna frag up eventually

I like the new scape, you are right it does make the tank look bigger.

You still need a better camera though =0p

Thanks, it relaly opens up a lot more real estate for some more coral. And I just need some AA batteries for my canon and ill be set.

There was one frag of the ORA BN in the $30 and it was a beaut!

Also, I think the mia's pot of gold is gone :/ he has another frag on the back side of the giant shallow tank, and a colony left I think they're gonna frag up eventually

I noticed when I was in there yesterday, ill get that BN eventually, but I also want to wait until I can get a nice pink BN along with it.

The tank will have a nice update soon :D

I bought a pretty sweet zoa pack, which should be here in two days! So, I need to arrange some room.

Well, I did the re-arrangment! To the right rock with softies, I fragged one of the heads off the toadstool since it was starting to shade some things over there. I removed it from that placement to make room for the new zoas coming in tomorrow.

I also went to another reefer's place yesterday in Tallahassee. He has a 350g 60x48x26. And it is one of the most mature reefs I have ever seen, pictures on the internets included. I had to buy a couple frags, and he gave me one for free. Sooo, I re-arranged the sps rock on the left as well lol. When I went to move the sour apple birdsnest it shattered into a few pieces, so it looks frankenstien, but its a fast growing so I dont mind. I think the placement is alright, ill just need to trim as needed.

Oh, and if you dont notice, I finally got batteries for my camera.

Okay, so the three I got yesterday....

ATL Red Table Hyacinthus:

008-5.jpg

Marshall Island Fuzzy Green (broke into two pieces, so its in two different spots):

007-5.jpg

Unknown Tort? (free!):

024-1.jpg

Some updated shots of new placement:

026-2.jpg

012-7.jpg

009-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

010-6.jpg

011-4.jpg

FTS:

021-1.jpg

Top Downs:

020-4.jpg

017-2.jpg

014-5.jpg

013-3.jpg

And Dave's 350g (pictures of course do no justice):

tank10-13-11046_662PM2-7-08.jpg

tank10-13-11020_636PM2-7-08.jpg

tank10-13-11004_620PM2-7-08.jpg

Tank looks great man. That 350 has the most amazing sps growth I have ever seen holy jesus

Thanks!

Yeah, the tank has so much dimension to it! A lot of his corals have been growing in there for a little over 4 years. And he said he has had his centerpiece for about 7 years, through multiple tanks, the base skeleton is thicker than my...forearm. He has $50 purple monster frags that would take up too much room in my tank lol.

KM and Nuc ARE very sweet!

Yes they are, they'll be pretty darn cool when grown out! I hope they're fast growers, let's see who's frags grow faster 

Are those candy apple red and sunny d frags? LOVE those palys.

Dendro from High Tide? :P

Yes, yes, and yes. One polyp CAR, four polyps sunny d. They are excellent, cant wait for them to grow all over. I also bought one polyp raptors rainbow, and even in the seller's pic its dull, but I sure hope it colors up better. It has faint pink and green, but very faint, although it is a HUGE paly, so if it does color, it would be spectacular as well. That was a lot of commas.

The dendro was their last single frag on their rack, I really hope you got one too. If not, ill sell it to you and wait for them to get some more!

Yes, yes, and yes. One polyp CAR, four polyps sunny d. They are excellent, cant wait for them to grow all over. I also bought one polyp raptors rainbow, and even in the seller's pic its dull, but I sure hope it colors up better. It has faint pink and green, but very faint, although it is a HUGE paly, so if it does color, it would be spectacular as well. That was a lot of commas.

The dendro was their last single frag on their rack, I really hope you got one too. If not, ill sell it to you and wait for them to get some more!

D'awww thanks! But I did have them hold me a big head and I picked it up the day after you told me, I just haven't gotten around to posting pics here. I do have several on my thread in the description of

that I got of it nice and wide open

Tank is looking awesome! Everything growing out will be sweet, especially all the sweet palys/zoas/acans/SPS you have, all you need is that ORA green BN to complete it :P

D'awww thanks! But I did have them hold me a big head and I picked it up the day after you told me, I just haven't gotten around to posting pics here. I do have several on my thread in the description of
that I got of it nice and wide open

Tank is looking awesome! Everything growing out will be sweet, especially all the sweet palys/zoas/acans/SPS you have, all you need is that ORA green BN to complete it :P

Haha, im glad you already have it then. I cant watch the video tonight, work internet blocks youtube.

I really cant fit much else in the tank, its so awesome. I think I want to just replace that sour apple birdsnest for the ORA green. But since ive moved it I want to keep an eye out to see if its getting enough light over there. Cant wait for it to just fill up. It's so cool having all that in a 4g tank on my kitchen counter!

Now im antsy for growth and also thinking about getting another par30 bulb for the tank, one for each rock. MUST KEEP SPENDING MONEY!

I think I found a fish that won’t end up in the filter, its already found nice caves in the rock. It's like a little orca, which is incidentally my least favorite species of the whales. I effing hate orcas. But, this guy is cute and active. I wanted four of them.

Some of the pictures were taken with an ISO of 800 so I could use a shutter speed fast enough to capture him, so they arent the best pics ever, but ill get better.

004-8.jpg

005-9.jpg

016-5.jpg

017-3.jpg

008-7.jpg

013-5.jpg

018-3.jpg

020-5.jpg

and the sunny-ds again because i love them

019-2.jpg

Nice damsel! One of my favorite damsels, if I wanted a single fish a damsel would be a serious consideration :lol:

Sunny D's always look great, I think I'm getting a polyp from a friend and I'm excited.

How's your dendro doing? I know an NPS is one of those no-no type of things for picos. but I think since its your only one you can handle it, and most pico owners that have put as much time and money in as you have I don't think you'd not keep up with pwcs. After feeding it every few days its finally looking like its gonna stay out a ton more, and its quickly becoming my absolute favorite piece

Nice damsel! One of my favorite damsels, if I wanted a single fish a damsel would be a serious consideration :lol:

Sunny D's always look great, I think I'm getting a polyp from a friend and I'm excited.

How's your dendro doing? I know an NPS is one of those no-no type of things for picos. but I think since its your only one you can handle it, and most pico owners that have put as much time and money in as you have I don't think you'd not keep up with pwcs. After feeding it every few days its finally looking like its gonna stay out a ton more, and its quickly becoming my absolute favorite piece

Haha, thanks. It really is a suprisingly pretty fish, I didnt even notice until it was under the LEDZ guuulllllll. My girlfriend picked the species out like 4 months ago, but I never really wanted a damsel. The ones at high tide were already pretty big, but Petco finally got a salt fish shipment in and they had a few of these, so I picked the smallest one. It actually has a really bright blue shimmer off the tips of its fins. Really hard to get a pic of it, but you can kind of see it in some of them.

If you dont get a polyp from him, ill be sure to have frags in say 5 months? lol

The dendro is doing great. I feed it plenty, and the fish and acans get whatever is left in the turkey baster. So the excess food isnt too bad, its just recycled. But, I do as youve stated, I have been doing a 1g water change three times a week.

We can race our dendros, lets see whos is a bigger whore and has the most babies :naughtydance:

Haha, thanks. It really is a suprisingly pretty fish, I didnt even notice until it was under the LEDZ guuulllllll. My girlfriend picked the species out like 4 months ago, but I never really wanted a damsel. The ones at high tide were already pretty big, but Petco finally got a salt fish shipment in and they had a few of these, so I picked the smallest one. It actually has a really bright blue shimmer off the tips of its fins. Really hard to get a pic of it, but you can kind of see it in some of them.

If you dont get a polyp from him, ill be sure to have frags in say 5 months? lol

The dendro is doing great. I feed it plenty, and the fish and acans get whatever is left in the turkey baster. So the excess food isnt too bad, its just recycled. But, I do as youve stated, I have been doing a 1g water change three times a week.

We can race our dendros, lets see whos is a bigger whore and has the most babies :naughtydance:

Which petco did you go to? I went to the one near Park ave and that one is pretty gross and old lol.

I was thinking feeding the acans and then the damsel would probably be smart as well. As for the dendro race, you're on! I purposely had them save me a big head so I've cheated already though :P:lol:

Which petco did you go to? I went to the one near Park ave and that one is pretty gross and old lol.

I was thinking feeding the acans and then the damsel would probably be smart as well. As for the dendro race, you're on! I purposely had them save me a big head so I've cheated already though :P:lol:

I did get him from that petco off park, it's right down the road from my apartment. High tide has better prices on dry goods than them haha.

It's not the size of the polyp, it's the motion of the ocean baby!

Archived