Pod Your Reef

Kylebeano's 4g Finnex Mixed Reef

Kylebeano

squirrelieygrrrl

sweet!

those intake strainer boxes are ingenious. i wish my sunset had that kind of color, no matter weather i put it high or low, its pretty much always been brown. granted i got it browned out to begin with, but still.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sqirrel, every other coral in your tank has outstanding color, there isnt a reason within your control that its not coloring up haha. i would give rrcg50 a hollar and pick up some of his montis.

i bought a few new frags today, $6 each, couldnt resist while I was there getting some water. things are looking good, rainbow monti has lost some lust - but i think i found a better place for it. i like the 'if it isnt broke, dont fix it' approach, but i think i may start dosing a two part soon. the lfs has a really sweet display tank that grows corals like mad and all he dose is dose and skim.

007-3.jpg

001-5.jpg

012-3.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

My "filter feeder" shot

009-3-1.jpg

love your tank, going to buy one soon

thanks man, it really is a great option for picos. easy to filter (AC70), easy to light (par30), front and sides are all one piece with rounded corners, easky to clean (being glass), and cheap all around! good luck with yours

Thanks friar, finnex FTW.

I rearranged the rocks yesterday to open up a bit for the addition of some radical acans! I also fragged the toadstool and some of the zombie eyes! Everything healed and opened in a few hours. I really stirred things up in there too when re-doing the aquascape, I was afraid of another cycle or the corals expressing a bad reaction. But, evrything surprised me pleasently. I'm not set on the coral placement yet, but im going to try and keep zoanthids on the right rock, and SPS on the left somehow.

020-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

015-2.jpg

008-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

012-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

dude happy birthday :happydance:

(i'm really not this creepy but i saw your name on the birthday list (why am i even looking at that list) and i would feel right if i didnt say something)

Thanks brah! My gf has said nothing died so far, so proud of her! I'll be at Cedar Point soon

Builder Anthony

You could pop some of those off those frag plugs.I like the scape but those things are a eyesore.Just be careful if you do so.The glues ones come off easy but once they grab the plug you run into cracking them.Acans are a pain in the butt once they get on there.

• 2 weeks later...
You could pop some of those off those frag plugs.I like the scape but those things are a eyesore.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am just going to wait for the corals to overtake the plugs :D Then it will be easier for fragging I suppose.

I got a few more coral in today! Im trying another green birdsnest, the last one didnt last a day after shipping but this one seems healthier, just needs to color up. Finally got a nice setosa too! Thanks for those two rrcg50, youre the man! I also got a few green sinularia frags in today, they survived being in an un-insulated box with zip loc bags duct taped shut in transit for two days from another seller. Im shocked how they survived, but must be impossible to kill lol. Theyre alive, and still have color, so I glued them down and they havnt melted away yet. I also have a sweet acan order coming in next tuesday from my girlfriend, you'll crap your pants with jealousy after you see my sandbed.

Anyway here are the pics of the tank so far!

039.jpg

044.jpg

035.jpg

042-1.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

020-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

is it just the camera, or are all the birds bleaching? also place that favia/warcoral thing on the sand. its not likely to be a high light coral.

tank will look real nice in a few months as everything starts to grow into colonies :)

is it just the camera, or are all the birds bleaching? also place that favia/warcoral thing on the sand. its not likely to be a high light coral.

tank will look real nice in a few months as everything starts to grow into colonies :)

It's the pictures, for the most part. The ponape birdsnest isnt bleaching; it just has a very subtle glow to it IRL. I try to fool around with everything to get them to look how they apear to the eye, but the white balance thing just doesnt work with my camera, or im too stupid to figure it out. I dont think the light is too much for anything close to the surface, as the LEDs are really only being driven at a max of 2w. They're not like 3w crees, which frankly, im happy about. If I put my sunglasses on (polarized), the colors of everything look more natural and how they appear in most other tanks with T5 lighting, but the LEDs are more economical.

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions though, I cant wait for everything to grow out either, and cant wait for the acans next week!

welcome back :) thought you quit lol

Nah, just needed something a little smaller for the time being. Less expensive. Thanks!

nice new frags, i cant wait to see the acans B)

btw i want that toadstool :lol:

I know! That small one looks like it's going to shoot off some clones sometime, so you may be in luck!

i've never seen one that neon... only that pasty cream color. where did you get it?

Purchased from member rrcg50 here on NR. He has great quality corals, and lives in FL! Very good prices for the 'frags' he sends.

Oh yeah he's in venice. all of his monti frags look killer but im slowing down with the SPS until i see the ones i have now doing well. where are your acans coming from?

Oh yeah he's in venice. all of his monti frags look killer but im slowing down with the SPS until i see the ones i have now doing well. where are your acans coming from?

Unique Corals, NYC

Do you have cheatos in the AC50? or just chempure aka cancer medicine!

Neither in the AC70 as of yet, just floss and carbon. I want to get a stevieT mediabasket for it, but waiting for price to drop. Then ill run both cheato and chemipure. The tank seems to do fine without it though, but I dont see how it can have a negative effect.

The ORA green BN didnt make it again for some reason! It just doesnt like the ride to tallahassee I guess, so I was promptly refunded my money and went and bought a sour apple BN from my LFS. Also, that green sinularia that I was surprised to see alive after shipping melted over night, remains are black, does anyone think I should get them out before they disintegrate? I have carbon in the filter.

Here's the new BN on the sanbed, ill move it up onto the rocks when the acans come in. It looks similar enough to the ORA green BN, so im not too disappointed now.

003-6.jpg

Archived