inTank Media Baskets

mods can close this

DK_Reef

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha price you pay I guess :lol:

Indeed. :happy:

I traded smog, and job opportunities to be able to play with SPS. I'll probably move back some day.

Right now I just noticed what appeared to be a small tentacle bearing thing with suction/pedal disc on a pane of glass, I netted it out but it melted and the suction or pedal disc is still left on the glass, I hope it is not aistpia :scarry:

Also here is the flasher wrasse I plan on getting and ordered from the LFS should take I don't know maybe a month or more

476px-Paracheilinus_filamentosus.jpg

Right now I just noticed what appeared to be a small tentacle bearing thing with suction/pedal disc on a pane of glass, I netted it out but it melted and the suction or pedal disc is still left on the glass, I hope it is not aistpia :scarry:

Also here is the flasher wrasse I plan on getting and ordered from the LFS should take I don't know maybe a month or more

476px-Paracheilinus_filamentosus.jpg

Kind of funny, I just emailed my wife a picture of the flasher wrasse this morning asking her if she'd prefer it over a six line. Beautiful fish.

Kind of funny, I just emailed my wife a picture of the flasher wrasse this morning asking her if she'd prefer it over a six line. Beautiful fish.

yes they are awesome that one is Paracheilinus filamentosus. They can change color depending on mood and flash electric blue. I hope I get a super male with lyretail and filaments.

just for fun

6031209322_06645135f9.jpg

also I think I will sub the chromis for a firefish. smaller and less aggressive.

Well some good news today. AquariumGuys order shipped! Ordering Macrorocks order today!

And I spotted for the first time something good in my tank, I saw a copepod!! I saw one then noticed a second one then saw there were hundreds of them on the glass!! So cool!! :happydance:

A happy change from my usual days of spotting not reef safe Xanthid Crabs, seen 4 molted shells, they are still in there, but when I redo the scape they will be taken out. An possibly aistipia, pedal disc is still on the glass.

Well some good news today. AquariumGuys order shipped! Ordering Macrorocks order today!

And I spotted for the first time something good in my tank, I saw a copepod!! I saw one then noticed a second one then saw there were hundreds of them on the glass!! So cool!! :happydance:

A happy change from my usual days of spotting not reef safe Xanthid Crabs, seen 4 molted shells, they are still in there, but when I redo the scape they will be taken out. An possibly aistipia, pedal disc is still on the glass.

It's funny. I had a mandarin for a few weeks till I decided it wasn't worth it. But during that time I seeded my tank with pods. I took the mandarin back, but still had an angel. No pods. I recently took the angel in for credit cause it was munching on any anemone I would put in there. Now there are thousands of pods all over. Larry, sailfin blenny, can't keep up.

It would be cool if I could find an ORA Mandarin.

But enough madness (10+ days longer than it should have took) I paid the price for some quality rock. and it wasn't pretty. (the price that is) :blink:

Expecting next week: inTank, AquariumGuys and BRS orders!

I got my RKL yesterday so cool, pics soon!!! BNIB $100 free shipping, I recommend TBaquatics

Sweet!!!! Technology is part of what makes this fun!!!!

Yes very true I did look into the Apex Jr you suggested, but it didn't have a head unit although yes I know that it is just another fancy add on, but I had been stuck on getting an RKL for some time. :D

Yes very true I did look into the Apex Jr you suggested, but it didn't have a head unit although yes I know that it is just another fancy add on, but I had been stuck on getting an RKL for some time. :D

It's all good! I have heard pro's and con's for both units. Whatever makes you happy!

Small Update for Today:

2 More Xanthid Crabs have been removed, I know there is for sure 1 left, I haven't seen it though or any more at all yet.

There is now literally thousands of copepods everywhere!! No really big ones but visible to the eye, so many of them!!

I bought some UVL PC-R bulbs (PAR 130 at 12 inches), one actinic white and one dual actinic should be a great lighting upgrade and accommodate my tank as I can only keep zoas and leathers and octocoral (like xenia). Yes finally the local coral grower is going to offer some super cool blue leathers :wub:

Unfortunately I am waiting for 4 orders now in the Mail (75% + of equipment ). I hope they will all be here by Monday. Then I can install them all and not have to look at my ugly aquascape and ugly sand (which is dirty now) will be taken out.

Total revamp of this whole tank next week. Then some waterchanges and it will be reef ready, finally.

some very bad news I regret to say

I got my aquarium guys and BRS orders today. BRS is superb!

aquariumguys sent me the wrong sand

also see this post.

tank is currently empty and dry...... :tears:

some very bad news I regret to say

I got my aquarium guys and BRS orders today. BRS is superb!

aquariumguys sent me the wrong sand

also see this post.

tank is currently empty and dry...... :tears:

Wow dude that sucks! Is there no local sand that you can source?

Pics?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sound great though.

Some people cant read!

Wow dude that sucks! Is there no local sand that you can source?

well they are out of stock with my replacement sand (the one they were supposed to send me) and are going to issue a refund for me, like $50 because that is what it cost + shipping

this isn't the end though but just the beginning. I plan to come back and make it better than ever.

Pics?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sound great though.

Some people cant read!

pics of what? there is nothing. -_-

well they are out of stock with my replacement sand (the one they were supposed to send me) and are going to issue a refund for me, like $50 because that is what it cost + shipping

this isn't the end though but just the beginning. I plan to come back and make it better than ever.

pics of what? there is nothing. -_-

Start it bare bottom. If you rinse the sand well when it comes in you should be able to add it without issue. People change substrates on a regular basis. FWIW, when I switched mine out a week or two in I had no cycle. Keep up the great attitude dude!

Archived