ReefCleaners.org

mods can close this

DK_Reef

For what it's worth DK I pulled my first sand as it had metallic particles in it. That was one of my rookie mistakes!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI. I had a pygmy angel for almost a year. It was fine with everything except anemones. I ended up taking it into the lfs for a credit. Sad to see it go, but polyps/anemones are like candy for them

Thanks for the advice and taken, dwarf is out because I will mostly have colonial mat anemones or zoas.

also I think I am going to take the advice of you guys and ditch this fine sand.

When I break up the LR for better aquascape and get my dry base rock, before the end of the cycle.

I caught one of those rock crabs!!! had a vice like grip on the net until the hot tap water hit him.

Planned Upgrades:

- Replace stock bulbs w/ UVL PC-R one dual actinic and one actinic white

- Cut the tab for more flow

- inTank Media Basket (Carbon, Poly Filter, Purigen)

- inTank Fish saver

- ACML 115 Skimmer

- Replace Stock pump w/ MJ 900

- Hydor Korila 425 or 750

- Hydor Rotating water deflector

- Refractometer

- Reef Keeper Lite

- Mag Float Medium

- Replace white sand with Hawaiian Black Sand

- 15lbs of Dry baserock from Reefcleaners.

Ordering all this sometime next week. omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Planned Upgrades:

- Replace stock bulbs w/ UVL PC-R one dual actinic and one actinic white

- Cut the tab for more flow

- inTank Media Basket (Carbon, Poly Filter, Purigen)

- inTank Fish saver

- ACML 115 Skimmer

- Replace Stock pump w/ MJ 900

- Hydor Korila 425 or 750

- Refractometer

- Reef Keeper Lite

- Mag Float Medium

- Replace white sand with Hawaiian Puka Shell or Samoan Pink Substrate

- 15lbs of Dry baserock from Reefcleaners.

Ordering all this sometime next week. omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Can I recommend you look at the Neptune Apex Jr vs the Reef Keeper Light? I have the Apex Jr and love being able to track temp from my phone out of the box. That and control things like pumps and lights.

Can I recommend you look at the Neptune Apex Jr vs the Reef Keeper Light? I have the Apex Jr and love being able to track temp from my phone out of the box. That and control things like pumps and lights.

$50 more out of budget plus I heard great things about RKL's. but thanks anyway, I did look into it.

7 rock crabs gone. Spotted 3-4 more. They ALL will get caught eventually. Also the tank had a fatality a rock crab caught and ate one of the zebra hermits.

Tests:

Ammonia: 0

Subsequent testing was postponed I accidentally dropped and broke an empty test tube. Good thing it wasn't filled, I am looking into a non toxic test kit.

Builder Anthony

Try and hold onto the crabs see what they do.All they need is a airline in a jar.You could probally see what they eat then.7 of them is a nice amount.

Try and hold onto the crabs see what they do.All they need is a airline in a jar.You could probally see what they eat then.7 of them is a nice amount.

I have a feeling definitely not reef safe, I have seen much much larger adults and they eat whatever they can get their claws on :lol:

Parameters:

SG: 1.025

pH: 8.2

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

Tested using API Saltwater Master Test Kit

I am cautiously optimistic that the cured Live Rock (although unsightly right now) is doing its job. Also backing up what I have read that with well cured Live Rock the cycle is not present. This Friday will be Week 2 of the Nitrogen Cycle. Proceeding slowly, Week 4 (August 19th) waterchange + CUC

No not yet exactly, I caught 7 with a net actually haha. I spotted at least another 4 a few days ago but haven't seen a trace of them since. :huh:

However when I take the rock out to redo the scape I am going to examine each piece carefully after I break the rock.

you know you dont need a fish saver because the newer bc29 already has it

you better off just getting the mj1200 instead of the mj900 with the flo rotate it cuts down some flow

you could go with a 750 i have one in my moms bc29 and its fine no sand storm

you know you dont need a fish saver because the newer bc29 already has it

you better off just getting the mj1200 instead of the mj900 with the flo rotate it cuts down some flow

you could go with a 750 i have one in my moms bc29 and its fine no sand storm

Hi yes the BC has a high wall but isn't high enough I can see a gap that a fish could jump through.

Went with MJ 900 for lower heat/wattage.

Yes I went with a 750

inTank order has shipped omgomgomg

still waiting on AquariumGuys, Premium Aquatics and Ebay seller though......

Ughh, Just sold something on ebay two days ago and the dude has yet to contact me. Pretty frustrating. I'm giving him till tomorrow night and I'll send one more notice that if he doesn't pay by Sunday night I'll relist......

Good deal on inTank though! I need to get the fuge basket.

Ughh, Just sold something on ebay two days ago and the dude has yet to contact me. Pretty frustrating. I'm giving him till tomorrow night and I'll send one more notice that if he doesn't pay by Sunday night I'll relist......

Good deal on inTank though! I need to get the fuge basket.

that is a shame, hopefully you get paid :D

2 weeks remaining on the Nitrogen Cycle for me!

Subsequent tests this Monday.

Small update:

inTank, Ebay order in-transit on time.

For AquariumGuys order today I had to pay an extra $26 in shipping today ($40 total) <_<

Mostly because it involves a 20 lb bag of sand to Hawaii :lol:

Cancelled Premium Aquatics and Reef Cleaners order for problems with shipping again.

However I am now working with Macrorocks on a custom awesome order for some nice stuff :happy:

Small update:

inTank, Ebay order in-transit on time.

For AquariumGuys order today I had to pay an extra $26 in shipping today ($40 total) <_<

Mostly because it involves a 20 lb bag of sand to Hawaii :lol:

Cancelled Premium Aquatics and Reef Cleaners order for problems with shipping again.

However I am now working with Macrorocks on a custom awesome order for some nice stuff :happy:

Post pics when everything gets in dude!!!!!

Post pics when everything gets in dude!!!!!

Oh I will for sure, loads of pics!! :lol:

Too bad about the shipping issues. It happens. Cant wait to see what it looks like complete.

Yes but it is going to be so worth it.

Archived