Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jonny's ADA 2 tank reef concept

jonny roks

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill be Customizing this stand for the time being. But ultimately i will make a custom stand for this tank. or purchase a nice cabinet. The stand its on now sucks. i absolutely DESPISE of Deep blue series 2 stand. Horrible

• 4 weeks later...

7/27/2012

I put together a short video of the tank...its #6!...iphone..

Anyways, you can see some of my corals and livestock. I love how the tank is progressing. I am slowly replacing most of my corals with sps and cant wait to see how this tank matures. I removed the gsp on the waterfall and have since replaced with some colorful zoo's. I don't think i have really paid for any of these corals. Most were donations [i like that term] or trades. I keep it enjoyable!

Anyways. Please do let me know what you guys/girls think! I'm always changing things and plan to have more updates soon. Those mangroves should be popping up soon, they have rooted and began to grow! I cant wait.

MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE VIDEO ON 720 HD

I added the following corals yesterday so they arent exactly happy just yet.

pink birdsnest, ora birds of paradise, red tabling acro, and the unknown acro in the right cube.

My large mini colony of birdsnest was given to me by my good friend picoD. it was around an inch when she gave me it. it has a strange color but its been the same way in both of our tanks since we got it.

Thanks for all the compliments. My collection is growing.

Ora birds of paradise birdsnest,

Pink birdsnest,

Green tip birdsnest,

Tri color valida,

Green pocilipora,

Green slimer? (maybe, was a rescue),

Sunset Monti,

Bright green,

Neon green candy canes,

Poor mans sunset Monti,

Superman rhodactus,

neon green rhodactus,

Blue ricordia,

Papaya cloves,

Ora green possimacora,

Apple berry Monti,

Red tabling acro (still needs time to color up),

Red/pink cap,

Various zoos: eagle eyes, radioactive dragon eyes, unknown blue, unknown pink,

Frogspawn,

Richies fuzzy stick,

Blueberry gorgonia,

Brown swaying gorgonia,

Green sinularia,

Neon purple & Green brain

Reverse Christmas favia

Neon toadstool,

Purple with green center favia,

And more..

Fish:

1 true perc clown,

1 purple firefish,

1 tananka wrasse,

Inverts

Cleaner shrimp

Blue legged nano coral banded shrimp

Poc/acro crab

Pom Pom crab

Heres some coral photo close ups.

No dosing, no skimming( have tried a few skimmers but was only happy with one and it wouldn't fit without keeping my doors open) just a gfo reactor and a carbon reactor.

Been having a lot of problems with my asterinas, I have been finding them on my zoos. I have been evicting them to my QT/Observer tank/pod tank.

The tank is now up and running 1 year with saltwater. Such a good feeling. Amazing how everything has ran its course and matured. All of the listed potential issues such as splashing and salt creep never cropped up. The waterfall acts as a small algae scrubber and is pruned when needed. Overall, the original idea was accomplished.

i wish there was less rock. looking good otherwise!

Thanks, I actually have felt this way since the beginning. I have even removed and chiseled rock to try to slim it down but its still pretty bulky. Once everything grows in it will help ease the bulkiness.

I am planning an upgrade at some point, probably months away but its prob the only way to slim it down and allow for some tangs. I figured i would replace this setup with something very similar but at a larger scale. something custom. 48X20X10 [vs the 7" high in the 60f]

• 2 weeks later...

All my fish are QT'ed and I dip every piece of coral i get with revive. Yet somehow i got ick. The DT was stripped of all fish and the waiting period begins. Havent figured out what i will do with my fish. i really didnt want to use medication in my observation [qt tank] and hypo salinity is a nightmare.

new additions

Top Row True Purple Cap, Green Monti, True Undata, Bright Green Cap

Bottom Row Orange Digitata, Turaki Acro, Rosaria Acro, Purple Tort.

post-48575-1344861354_thumb.jpg

jedimasterben
All my fish are QT'ed and I dip every piece of coral i get with revive. Yet somehow i got ick. The DT was stripped of all fish and the waiting period begins. Havent figured out what i will do with my fish. i really didnt want to use medication in my observation [qt tank] and hypo salinity is a nightmare.

new additions

Top Row True Purple Cap, Green Monti, True Undata, Bright Green Cap

Bottom Row Orange Digitata, Turaki Acro, Rosaria Acro, Purple Tort.

post-48575-1344861354_thumb.jpg

Unless fish are quarantined with copper or hyposalinity for a couple of weeks, it will still happen, thats the only way i know of of preventing it from finding its way in, by outright killing it from the getgo. :/

I agree,

Here's my local suppliers statement

All new fish undergo Prazipro dip before going into the QT. Once in QT they are treated with Cuprimine. I have Pimafix and Melafix on hand to combat fungus and bacteria infection that may come from my supplier.

If that's all true - then it must have came in on a frag.

I lost the firefish today. Which is strange because he ate last night and this morning.

jedimasterben
I agree,

Here's my local suppliers statement

All new fish undergo Prazipro dip before going into the QT. Once in QT they are treated with Cuprimine. I have Pimafix and Melafix on hand to combat fungus and bacteria infection that may come from my supplier.

If that's all true - then it must have came in on a frag.

I lost the firefish today. Which is strange because he ate last night and this morning.

Well, the Prazipro is for internal and external parasites, but it requires two 7-day treatments (not dips) to be effective, and the fish need to be exposed to Cupramine for 14 days to be completely effective, and both treatments can't be performed at the same time. I very highly doubt that they will keep all their fish quarantined for that long before sale, it's just so rare for a place to actually do it and do it right. Pimafix and Melafix will not harm the ich parasite.

Archived