inTank Media Baskets

Jonny's ADA 2 tank reef concept

jonny roks

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i give a lot of stuff away, i don't charge or sell frags. simply snap and give...

Most of my friends are the same way and we look out for each other. Being that we live in New york, there are many high end tanks in a very close proximity. Many of these people break down and or just give things away from time to time.

Sometimes i get lucky and they are people that i have helped in the past.

On our last score like mentioned earlier we walked away with 17+ sps colonies, a LARGE Acyrlic custom sump [which ill be using on my next build], 250 lbs of PREMIUM PREMIUM coraline encrusted Rock [which has un imaginable shapes that seem fake. 3 clams, 10+ fish and tons of inverts, and a bunch of NPS corals.

out of all that i shared with my local reef friends and just fragged myself little pieces. They made out 10x more than me and im fine with that. i took like 2" frags of everything and gave the rest to them to divi up.

we score other great deals all the time. just gotta include people on everything and they end up including you as well.'

This was the back of the work van lol - those are 37 gallon totes filled to the brim

70CEDC41-A07D-42D0-A098-C125932B2F94-947-000001141F92F0C4_zpsbbe6c995.jpg

and here was my share of the live rock

5338DC09-EE2F-4AB5-B558-ECD2CF2506AB-947-000001143F9EBEC4_zps7c611545.jpg

I don't sell frags either. I feel like its gonna keep growing so... Plus who doesn't like getting free stuff? I do however try to get top dollar for frags from the lfs. Doesn't always work.

Another thing. My tanks a nano and most of my friends have very large systems. Including a 900 gallon mixed reef. It helps when 2 inch fresh cuts easily fill gaps lol.

I'm also close friends with a local reefer danielle (picod) which I have encouraged to upgrade 3x to date. We trade back and forth weekly. Between the two of us we have over 75 species of sps

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived