Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Steely185's rimless 75 edge

steely185

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't bother cleaning the glass. Just wanted to try out the video on my iPhone 5. Not bad at all. A tad bit saturated but good.

The tank is doing great right now. Growth has been good and algae is virtually nonexistent right now. I still have frags to mount like a new ORA Marshall island purple and green. I'm pretty much done with additions. My red planet is growing so much quicker than any of the three previous frags I owned. It's sit back and let it grow time.

The tank is doing great right now. Growth has been good and algae is virtually nonexistent right now. I still have frags to mount like a new ORA Marshall island purple and green. I'm pretty much done with additions. My red planet is growing so much quicker than any of the three previous frags I owned. It's sit back and let it grow time.

Glad to hear it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to make some adjustments to my tank schedule at the wife's request. She was a little tired of the neighbors thinking we were growing weed so the lighting schedule has been changed. The lights now cut off by 7:30pm (had to have some time to see the tank). I did make some adjustments by adding an extra hour to the overall light schedule. I'm interested to see if it impacts the the growth much with an extra hour of light.

I continue to be amazed by my red planet. This is probably the third or fourth time I have had red planet and the first time it has grown this well. It seems like every time I look at the tank the red planet looks bigger. The color is great as well. Most of the midsize colonies appear to be growing well and algae in the tank is almost non existent on the rocks.

I am leaning toward removing a portion of the sandbed near the front of the tank. The clowns have pushed a large portion of sand to the front of the tank over time. I will be cautious and not remove to much so as to leave a night time home for the christmas wrasse.

I'm not looking at any additions anytime soon. I wouldn't mind adding a rose bubbletip for the clowns but always am leery of bubbletips because of the splitting and constant movement but I may try it. It may make my clowns a little more aggressive though.

Looking forward to black friday sales in the coming month. Always the best time to buy corals or products for your reef. I really want to find a nice stag or fiji yellow leather to finish my tank.

I've been giving some thought to upgrading my sump pump from a rio 2100 to one of the Eheim Compact+ 5000 pumps. The drawback is about 4 times the cost. The plus is that the Eheim 5000 pump has an adjustable flow rate from 660-1321 GPH. That would give me the option of doubling the flow rate of my return pump or just dial it back from it's max setting. They are supposed to be pretty quiet as well. It would definitely add some flow to the tank and that isn't a bad thing.

Maybe just maybe soon. I may have to wait until after the holidays.

Does anyone know if the new DC pumps will be interchangeable with previous Diablo skimmer models. I like the control that comes with them.

I've owned several red planet frags over time. The trick for me is good calcium levels and more importantly low nitrates and phosphates. I run a calcium reactor for alk/calcium, and bio pellets/gfo for nutrients/phos.

In my experience keeping red planet in higher light keeps it pinker than lower light where the green comes out more. This piece is up high and near a 250 watt radium. It's got pinker and pinker though since I got it a couple months ago.

Archived