Cultivated Reef

HAS ANYONE HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH GRANDPAFEATHERS...

jrock4224

I bought some corals from him on Jan 6th. I haven't recieved them and now he is not responding to my messages from the last few weeks...

Edited by jrock4224
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jrock4224

• dickie52

• Deleted User 6

• TinyGiant

I bought some corals from him on Jan 6th. I haven't recieved them and now he is not responding to my messages from the last few weeks...

We're talking almost a month here. IMO thats unacceptable!

really rather have the coral. The money is nominal. Like i told gpf in several messages I understand, above anybody, how life can suck just take care of me when you can. And then the messages stopped. Sometimes i can be super sarcastic, and people take that as being pissed. i am far from pissed. Just in the dark. I feel like a mushroom. its dark and this tastes like sh!tty crackers.

sig-worthy.

Do it, that would be my fourth signature quote.... shoot I might have the most sig quotes on nano reef. And knowing me I will give you guys many more. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.

I don't know the cat, here in L.A we have what ever we need local...but try to do searches for him on different reef sites, he might be "on" somewhere else and just "off" here where he owes people money or coral.

Just a thought...

still though, he has logged in recently...

Exactly you got time to log on and check messages you can send one back. And again I will reiterate , I would totally understand if there none left, or he sold mine or they died, but at this point I am hearing nothing. Not even to my private email or dispute. And besides buying a house takes for ever so down time is at a premium, and he is laid off, so again down time is at a premium.

I don't know the cat, here in L.A we have what ever we need local...but try to do searches for him on different reef sites, he might be "on" somewhere else and just "off" here where he owes people money or coral.

Just a thought...

yeah never thought of that. We have had nothing but nice conversations(gpf and I), I always promptly got back to him and told him no big deal, send them when you have time. I know you got a lot going on, he would say cool, I appreciate you being patient I will hook you up with some freebies. I say no biggie you dont need to do that just send me the tracking so I know when to expect it when you ship it. So it's just wierd. All it would take is a little explaining at this point.. I am mellow and just a little concerned. I don't awant him to feel un welcome, just let me know whats the deal we can work it out. i know i can get my money back but I would rather the corals at this point. But we will see.

get a rope

Moto you on pnwsas too.... I am too from Olympia. And be glad its not you short changing me, I would be at your house banging on your door. J/K

Reef luva...we got a couple stores local but they sell frags for twice the money and usually covered in aptasia or some other form of algae. So I would rather buy from people who give a crap about there tanks. i dont know where moto shops but I have run the gambit locally in Olympia on fish stores and even the ones my friends have owned havent been the best at facilitating my needs. I cant tell my friends in the aquaria hobby enough...educate yourself, a lfs will sell you anything for anything whether its reef safe or not. I wish we had stores that would refuse to sell something if it wasn't advisable. but we don't. reefing in the souths ound is hard i been traveling north to stores but there pricier then here in olympia

My buddy has been begging me to go try this store in Lacey. I finally gave in cause I had been there early in there tenour and the tanks were writhing with algae. The store was uber new and I think the cycle was still rolling. Anyway I gave in, I was in lacey running a errand and knew they opened at 11 waitied for 40minutes till 11.40 and no show, no people, no nothing. So it only takes one of those instances to ween me off a lfs..units a twenty minute drive for me and if you cant open at 11 don't post 11. Told my buddy and he says..."oh yeah, he did that a couple times to me too..." time is to valuable to wait around. Sorry no love now

Edited by jrock4224
Dude, you've got every reason to be angry. I've been putting it off for like 3 weeks now. I've got 5 healthy frags left, I'm just gonna send them all your way. I don't know when I can get around to it though.

As said above, I got laid off a couple weeks ago, and I can count the number of times I've actually been on the computer on one hand. I've been working construction until I can land another nerd job.

As for ignoring messages, I haven't. This website is my main page for my laptop, and I let my 8-year old brother play games on it often. My only guess is that he opens internet explorer and it counts as a site visit. I was on last night, but not for more than 5 minutes.

When I get this coral sent, you're gonna be getting about ten times more than what you paid for.

I've just had a lot going on.

My dog nearly died, they gave her a 40% chance of making it. I got outbid on the house I was looking into. I was laid off. An extremely close friend commited suicide. And I've been working construction, which just makes my physically exhausted.

Moto you on pnwsas too.... I am too from Olympia. And be glad its not you short changing me, I would be at your house banging on your door. J/K

Reef luva...we got a couple stores local but they sell frags for twice the money and usually covered in aptasia or some other form of algae. So I would rather buy from people who give a crap about there tanks. i dont know where moto shops but I have run the gambit locally in Olympia on fish stores and even the ones my friends have owned havent been the best at facilitating my needs. I cant tell my friends in the aquaria hobby enough...educate yourself, a lfs will sell you anything for anything whether its reef safe or not. I wish we had stores that would refuse to sell something if it wasn't advisable. but we don't. reefing in the souths ound is hard i been traveling north to stores but there pricier then here in olympia

Agreed. I'm from Olympia, too. It's tough to buy anything around here. Wildworld has gone #### up since Qui left and Exotic has to be spot checked before buying anything. Aiptasia seems to be a pretty common problem in the local stores.

I usually just shoot up to Lakewood and hit Aquarium Paradise if I want to buy locally. You can usually get pretty smoking deals on frags if you talk directly to Lornenzo. Paul @ Indoor Reef is pretty cool too. I haven't been there in a long time because it's all the way on 6th in Tac and on my last trip the tanks were pretty vancant.

I always promptly got back to him and told him no big deal, send them when you have time. I know you got a lot going on, he would say cool, I appreciate you being patient I will hook you up with some freebies. I say no biggie you dont need to do that just send me the tracking so I know when to expect it when you ship it. I am mellow and just a little concerned. I don't want him to feel un-welcome, just let me know whats the deal we can work it out. But we will see.

DON'T be TOO patient and nice...he may continue to walk on you...we got your back!

Agreed. I'm from Olympia, too. It's tough to buy anything around here. Wildworld has gone #### up since Qui left and Exotic has to be spot checked before buying anything. Aiptasia seems to be a pretty common problem in the local stores.

I usually just shoot up to Lakewood and hit Aquarium Paradise if I want to buy locally. You can usually get pretty smoking deals on frags if you talk directly to Lornenzo. Paul @ Indoor Reef is pretty cool too. I haven't been there in a long time because it's all the way on 6th in Tac and on my last trip the tanks were pretty vancant.

Yeah my buddy Casey helped set up wildworld and its a toilet now after his store extreme marine shut down( he relied on his help too much and it didnt work..). I guess he was working for paul at indoor. I liked that store always nice stuff but so far off I-5(aint been there in a while). Aquarium Paradise is nice but Lorenzo is only ever there in mornings and lately there stuff has been kinda mundane. So I been relying on my interent friends. I have a vacant space at my business and thought about opening a small store but I am so overwhelmed with work I have to find some one to run my Powdercoating business in order to do the fish thing. Anyway looks like I need to check my other thread since we are so off topic. But I love being a talker. I apologize for the eyestrain.

DON'T be TOO patient and nice...he may continue to walk on you...we got your back!

you must have been to my powdercoating business ....I think I am too nice