Pod Your Reef

HAS ANYONE HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH GRANDPAFEATHERS...

jrock4224

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jrock4224

• dickie52

• Deleted User 6

• TinyGiant

Thank you dickie i used your link. yes I found it in his dog thread. still kind of open ended but we will see to when i will see it.

no problem, glad to help. I hope you make out ok, sometimes guys just need a little time.

Yeah my buddy Casey helped set up wildworld and its a toilet now after his store extreme marine shut down( he relied on his help too much and it didnt work..). I guess he was working for paul at indoor. I liked that store always nice stuff but so far off I-5(aint been there in a while). Aquarium Paradise is nice but Lorenzo is only ever there in mornings and lately there stuff has been kinda mundane. So I been relying on my interent friends. I have a vacant space at my business and thought about opening a small store but I am so overwhelmed with work I have to find some one to run my Powdercoating business in order to do the fish thing. Anyway looks like I need to check my other thread since we are so off topic. But I love being a talker. I apologize for the eyestrain.

you must have been to my powdercoating business ....I think I am too nice

Yea, Casey is a buddy of mine too. I designed the website back for him & Rob when they had Extreme Marine. When they closed it and he got hired on at WildWorld, he introduced me to Qiu & Song and I designed their website as well. Sad that now that Casey is gone and Qiu left it seems like the store is in big trouble as far as the livestock goes. Qiu really did a great job of bringing the store to life after Casey left. He went and visited a ton of stores in SoCal to see what worked and didnt work and incorporated that into their store. I think he really was the knowledge behind the place. I heard he was thinking about starting up a smaller retail operation that would deal mostly with online sales, but for now I think he's just doing tank maintenance. Sad to see that there isn't a whole lot of local choices for us here. I've always thought about just starting up a huge frag tank and doing more of a private sale / trade deal. I think even a place to host frag swaps and sells around here would be awesome.

What's name of your powdercoating biz? I'm I've probably driven by a ton of times.

Off subject I know... but seems like you've got another thread for your purchase problems.

He blew your money on another tattoo

His post sounds like a country song, read it backwards and everything is fine in his life. If you list #### for sale and can't ship it a few days later you know why you lost your job.

Dude I am about done ordering corals either no shows or a pack of doa's...next time I am gonna donate to breast cancer so I can at least feel good about myself.

He blew your money on another tattoo

His post sounds like a country song, read it backwards and everything is fine in his life. If you list #### for sale and can't ship it a few days later you know why you lost your job.

Hahahahahaha yeah I still never got a Firm timeline on when I could/would see them. Gonna let the paypal run its course till I see a pckage. My other deal gone wrong was just a doa shipment, no heat source water 50+ degrees when it showed up. Even going straight home and transfering them to my tank did no good.. one is struggling but dying and the other two there was no hope.

Yea, Casey is a buddy of mine too. I designed the website back for him & Rob when they had Extreme Marine. When they closed it and he got hired on at WildWorld, he introduced me to Qiu & Song and I designed their website as well. Sad that now that Casey is gone and Qiu left it seems like the store is in big trouble as far as the livestock goes. Qiu really did a great job of bringing the store to life after Casey left. He went and visited a ton of stores in SoCal to see what worked and didnt work and incorporated that into their store. I think he really was the knowledge behind the place. I heard he was thinking about starting up a smaller retail operation that would deal mostly with online sales, but for now I think he's just doing tank maintenance. Sad to see that there isn't a whole lot of local choices for us here. I've always thought about just starting up a huge frag tank and doing more of a private sale / trade deal. I think even a place to host frag swaps and sells around here would be awesome.

What's name of your powdercoating biz? I'm I've probably driven by a ton of times.

Off subject I know... but seems like you've got another thread for your purchase problems.

I am in the Mottman industrial park behind spscc. Top of the hill. (Is that the one?) If you were running with Casey I am sure we have crossed paths. It's funny you mention the frag tank idea. Not many poeple knew about this place I used to score stuff from in Rochester, it was at this husband and wifes house had a couple large tanks set up and invert racks in there living room. I scored some of my best corals there. But it was by appt. only. And they weren't the best at being prompt but there selection was one of the nicers in Olympia area. Yeah wild world was pretty nice but now it's sad. That huge tank needs to be taken down. It's so cyanoed up. And anything and everything else is covered in aptasia. If you get serious about the frag tank idea let me know I am a huge rimless cube fan all of the sudden. I would love too set up one similar to aquarium paradises for frag sales and a few display tanks, if I had the time and money. But if do get serious let me know I would love to help and be involved.

Rob, now theres a blast from the past. I thought he moved? Last time I saw him he wanted me to buy his 6x2x2.5. Which is funny cause I own a similar tank now only a little bigger and starfire panels. And he wanted way more then 300.00 bux. I love finding people who have no clue what they have. Probably karma keeps f ing with my frag deals cause I stole that tank from a guy for nothing. Typical, I got the tank from a vanilla ice wanna be that was gonna set up a shark tank in his recording studio he didnt have. He couldn't figure out what to do with the return holes plumbed in the back. So he sold it to me for 300.00. I thought about lowballing him but I already knew it was starfire front three panels and felt bad. paid the three hundered and had him and his "posse/crew" help me load it it my box van. Off i went.

Edited by jrock4224
Follow thru with the paypal claim.I would get my money back and call it a done deal DUDE LOL

I am somehow I think it was an attempt to get me to close the dispute in order to not be able to re-open it. Just waiting to hear from anyone at this point. This has been a bad week for corals and the mail

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing

here's the last email I got on the 9th no response to dispute. It's easier to follow if you read it from the bottom up since its a email response.

this is just one series of messages i will spare you the details of pms unless needed

Jon It's not that I don't have the coral, and I never planned on having it go on this long. I just live outlandishly far from a post office and I haven't had time to get to it since I've been working construction all day. Posting a picture of my girl took one minute tops. Thats different.

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 10:12 AM, jrock wrote

....So what did you decide to do jordan....I need a naswer . i wont change my disoute with paypal till i see you have shipped them. I gave you till yesterday. If you can post pics of your gf i think you can prepare a box and ship it to me..

Jordan I...

Sent: Sunday, February 6, 2011 2:01:14 PM

Subject: Re: Coral frags....too can duncan

Hey Jon..

I'm not sure if you saw my post in the Nano-Reef lounge last week, but that explains everything.

I saw you opened a PayPal dispute.. Did that give you your money back, or does it need to be done manually?

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:14 PM, <jrock42> wrote:

alright i have no choic3e... i need my dough back.... sorry you couldnt make this happen. pretty ####ed up your not repsonding now.. i know your checking i seen you logged on twice last week....

From: "Jordan Ibarra" <Sent: Friday, January 21, 2011 6:25:29 PM

Hey Jon.

Sorry I haven't gotten to you. I'm in the middle of moving into a new house, but I was laid off this week. I've just got a lot going on. I appreciate your patience dude, I'll get them to you. See ya in the lounge :P

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM, <Jrock wrote

Hey jordan its thursday what happened to those frags...

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:38:31 AM

Haha sorry to hear about a bad week!

I'll email you the tracking info as soon as the package is sent. I just realized it'll have to be Tuesday.. Monday is a holiday.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:36 AM, <jrock42

nah your good ...i appreciate the added tank mates... i was freaking , praying it wasnt wednesday again....its been a messed up week in my business...just hopin and praying i wasnt dreaming.. .or maybe i was...mondays fine....I apreciate the quick response

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:26:14 AM

OH! I thought today was a Wednesday! I'm sorry!

I will ship your duncans, plus some other freebies on Monday, I'm sorry for all of these issues. I'll do what I can to make up for them, because so far I've never had negative feedback.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:23 AM, <jrock42> wrote:

oh god .... tomorrows friday isnt it.... jordan i hope its thrusday today , i cant relive my crappy wednesday again...if it shipped tomorrow i dont think i would see it till monday so i guess wait till monday...unless you could get it out this afternoon somehow...which sounds like a no

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:18:29 AM

I know, I'm not sure what happened there. Perhaps he had forgotten to scan it when he made his pick up?

I don't think they do Saturday shipping, only weekdays. It's up to you if you want me to ship tomorrow and hope it arrives on Friday, or if you'd like me to wait until Monday.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:15 AM, <jrock42

hmmmm no info found at all on fed ex s site... interesting but like i said if you send them tomorrow they will try and ship them to my business on saturday to which i am not here nor are my employees...correct?

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:12:59 AM

Jon Lindsey

United States

Tracking # 4647656538776

By high priority, it means it WILL get there the next day.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:09 AM, <> wrote:

wheres the fed ex tracking info....and by high priority do you mean sat delivery cause that is my business the address provided and we arent here on weekends...

From: "Jordan Ibarra" <Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:07:17 AM

I mean I put the coral in an insulated box, and put them on my company's shipping rack. They were gone by the end of the day, meaning that they were shipped. However, they aren't in FedEx's database. I realize that you want the corals, and I assure you that you'll get them. I can ship tomorrow, but if it's delayed they will be stuck for the weekend. Or alternatively, I can wait until Monday. Tomorrow should be fine if I put them on HIGH PRIORITY.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:00 AM, <

um what.....what do you mean lost in shipment....what i would like is the corals...

From: "Jordan Ibarra" <Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:54:28 AM

I looked into it, and the frags I sent must've been lost in shipment. I'll send you the last of what I've got, about 6 heads.

Would you like me to do it tomorrow, or wait until Monday?

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:37 AM, <.net> wrote:

I havet seen those corals yet is there any update about the frags i paid for last friday...i cant log on to nano reef...so please just respond to my email address provided here? thanks Jon

Edited by jrock4224

Let me know if you ever get this crap resolved. I hate to see a fellow reefer get screwed . I filed a paypal dispute a few years back on some douche on here that tried to pull the same crap. I got my money back. If you don't get a good resolution id be glad to send you a free Duncan Frag from Northern California when the weather gets better all I would ask is shipping. Good luck with this

Some people I swear Jon...To bad they cant be all super fast shippers like me :D

Anyone ever selling to Jon, he is as strait as they come. I didnt want to eat paypal fees on a BC14 I sold him because I already lowered the price to make it more affordable for shipping to his location.

He was trustworthy enough to send me a money order in the mail for MORE than the agreed upon price.

Great buyer so if anyone has doubts that he is pushing this or whatever he isnt.

danthenewreefman

Really sucks man. I too got "got" once, but paypal made it right in the end. There should be some consequences with nano-reef....but what would stop them from making another sn.

Bad people give everyone else a bad rep.

My dude printed a label off usps.com and never sent the package... Took weeks for the post office to figure out wtf was going on.

yeah he sounds like a b-itch. the shipper, not you jon. if he admittedly lives forever and a day away from a post office, maybe he shouldn't be in the coral shipping biz. i hate asses like this guy. i would call the police if you don't get your money back. it seems like you have more than enough evidence against him in your emails. i wish it were possible to send punches to the jaw through the mail. i would send him one for free for you if i could.