Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris's 40b

cdr5y7

Even with the losses your tank looks great. BTW if you ever have a zoa sale lemme know haha.

Maybe in a few months, I'll have enough of what I currently have to sell/trade.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks. that's the remaining zoas from the zoa rock i fragged. LFS is buying the whole lot.

then ill have the money for my Reefkeeper and pair of BRS dosers.

iv been hand dosing for 2 weeks now i think and its getting old. i know people do it for months but id rather not have to worry about it.

I've been doing it for a month or so. Though I honestly haven't figured out how much CA or AK I use daily so my tank may be way up in the calcium range (haven't checked that either haha.

How frequent are you doing water changes? What kind of salt are you using? I'm hoping to avoid having to dose once.my 40 is up and running.

water changes every other week cause it seems like im always busy and cant do it each weekend.

and i was using reef crystals but changing over to brightwell.

and it really depends on the corals you have in your tank. i had 4 clams and bunch of sps and getting more in so i had to start dosing. but previously with just one clam and my montis i was fine with WC.

so i joined a BRS group buy and looking to get a few things

-RKL

-Pair of dosing pumps

my question is where should i put the head unit of the RKL on my stand?

id really like to be able to see it when i'm looking at my tank. but i'm a symmetrical kind of guy.

5eb5cf12.jpg

Just a thought, I've never used a controller so not sure of the size of it, I will keep an eye out for group buys now, I think eventually I would like to put a controller on mine

def recommend the mp10!

Ditto!

If the price tag were a little lower I'd have one on each tank. Prob 2 on the 40.

i would love another mp10 on my tank but then i would have to upgrade the current one i have to run master/slave.

down the road might just sell the one i have and upgrade to an mp40.

• 2 weeks later...

not really. been waiting 4 weeks for the BRS dosing pump to get in stock. right as soon as i was going to just buy the drew dosers they went out of stock too.

so right now just waiting to get the RKL and dosing pumps. then i think ill get more sps maybe some maxi minis.

Awesome update.

BRS FINALLY stocked their dosing pumps. so i have pair of pumps and my RKL coming on monday.

pics to follow.

Archived