Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

the sun sets today on kgoldy's all natural 90

kgoldy

Christmas present for the family? Just want to make sure with all these hurricanes, earthquakes and freak snowstorms, everyone still has nice comfortable air conditioning.

CorePowerSeries7kW.jpg

Talked to my brother... we're going to buy a home backup generator with automatic transfer switch for the house. Combined Xmas present to each other and mom. My reef is about to be weather proof!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talked to my brother... we're going to buy a home backup generator with automatic transfer switch for the house. Combined Xmas present to each other and mom. My reef is about to be weather proof!

Nice, word to the wise, if you can swing it and have room for the holding tank, go propane. They are able to last much longer and propane is more readily available in a natural disaster than gasoline.

Nice, word to the wise, if you can swing it and have room for the holding tank, go propane. They are able to last much longer and propane is more readily available in a natural disaster than gasoline.

These things plumb into the natural gas line. ;)

BRS shipment arrived today. I have enough packing peanuts to stuff a standard kitchen garbage bag.

Pics of cat (Casey) in Cone of Shame as promised.

IMG_20111108_193202.jpg

IMG_20111108_193219.jpg

IMG_20111108_193903.jpg

IMG_20111108_193649.jpg

IMG_20111108_194135.jpg

10 lbs of BRS rubble. Tin can for scale. So... that should last me forever.

IMG_20111108_193720.jpg

IMG_20111108_193728.jpg

And the verdict is out on EcoTech Elements Glue: WIN. Def beats any glue or epoxy stick I've used. Reattached some renegade frags today... Set time is more like 30 seconds than the advertised 10, but it works pretty fantastically. Highly recommend it. Edit: 22November2011 Ecotech coral glue is total crap. Weeks after setting my frags with the stuff, they randomly fall off the rocks.

Obviously still don't have my G10 back... And I've had no time for messing around to take pics anyway. Soon we're going to play "Name That Frag!!" since I can seriously identify maybe.... two frags I got from the recent trade. So- get your thinking hats on, (or D, just keep creeping on here now and then) so we can get these things named.

Also- going to try my hand at paly fragging soon. I've got some real aggressive growers that need to be seriously trimmed back. I tried murdering one paly polyp today with Aiptasia-X. Wanna see how that goes...

why is she in a cone? :o

Edit, I mean why is she in a cone of shame. It's just a cone to help her heal right?

Candy, we totally have to team up on peer pressuring Kat to get her to go for a micro froggy for her pico. Instant Wal-Mart contest win! ...I hate that auto-correct capitalizes walmart ....

Stop it! Don't let wartskin hear this.

why is she in a cone? :o

She had a lump. Last cat died of cancer (which was horrible to watch), so we're being careful. Ashley goes in Friday to get a little growth removed too... Poor puppy is going in for surgery on the day I'm obligated to be stumbling around the streets of the city extremely intoxicated, so she's gunna be a sad little lonely dog missing her dad with her cone of shame...

Edit- Warty! Where are you? :o

New trade coming tonight... Maxi mini and some cinnamon (some word that equates to: gigantic) palys... for my 30B that's been sitting around for a year collecting dust. I think I already have these paly's that are coming my way for the last trade, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have another frag to bring to the swap in hopes of picking up something new.

where are the frags?

Oh ####. I forgot they were acclimating (read: sitting in bags)... The idiots at the Republican debates have numbed my poor brain...

Cinnamon Grandis Paly?

Zoa2-1.jpg

Yeah, those. The kid who brought em said they looked different from the ones I have... But being that the new ones are all pissed off, I can't compare until tomorrow. I think they're too big and ugly, so I might just trade em both off at the swap.

how does that frag swap work, exactly? you bring pictures of stuff to show what it looks like when its not pissed off?

That's exactly what I was thinking about a few minutes ago... I'm just going to bring my touchpad to show pics of anything I bring. It automatically syncs with photobucket, so I can show off everything. :D

new paly still doesn't look happy... Nem looks good though.

haven't seen my tank in the daytime in quite some time. Damn work has been insane... And I think my coral beauty managed to kill the flame angel. :tears: stupid CB. Probably won't know for sure until next week, as I won't get to see the tank during the day for a while.

Trying new Hannah checkers and Red Sea test kit... Plus Salifert Magnesium test kit...

Results are about what I expected. One more test to complete and I'll post full results.

G10 is still at Canon getting repaired. Here's some ####ty cell pics to hold you over.

IMG_20111111_174145.jpg

IMG_20111111_174200.jpg

IMG_20111111_174209.jpg

IMG_20111111_174221.jpg

IMG_20111111_174241.jpg

IMG_20111111_174251.jpg

IMG_20111111_174301.jpg

IMG_20111111_174329.jpg

In other reef news- I put together a cabinet I had laying around still in the box... So I finally have a place to put all supplements, tools, food, etc. Tank area should look a whole lot more presentable soon.

Edit- Hey, what's that bright white thing in there? :ninja:

So the results are in.

.23 ppm Phos

153 ppm CaCO3 (Alk)

526 ppm Calcium

.03 Iodine

.0 Iron (not detectable level)

270 ppm Potassium

1260 ppm Magnesium

Looks like I may need a serious water change after all. -_-

reeflevels.jpg

But... I'm... so... lazy.... :mellow:

Beginning TLF SeaElements dosing (holding off on TLF Iron and Iodine, which I have, for the meantime). Starting very light, will increase to recommended reef dosage over the next three weeks. Full range test once per weekend to watch how things go.

If after 5 or 6 weeks things aren't in balance, I will admit defeat and do a water change. :P

Archived