Cultivated Reef

Peewee1467's Drippin' Wet ADA 60P LED Reef

peewee1467

Awesome looking set-up.

Can you provide a closeup and some details on the fixture you are using for your PAR 38s?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peewee1467
Awesome looking set-up.

Can you provide a closeup and some details on the fixture you are using for your PAR 38s?

sorry, I got rid of the tank in order to upgrade. It was just a typical white floodlight fixture with no senors. It was only 10 bucks and totally worth it. Looked very sleek and people that saw it in person thought it came with my bulbs hahahah. For par 38 bulbs, I highly recommend this if you are looking for something cheap... it looked way better than table lamps and didnt tank up any room.

I noticed your zoas/palys shrunk.Mine did the same under LEDS I am not a fan at all.I will only use MH for the rest of the time.

peewee1467
I noticed your zoas/palys shrunk.Mine did the same under LEDS I am not a fan at all.I will only use MH for the rest of the time.

Well I didn't acclimate them to the LEDs. They were under year old T5 bulbs and i was just too lazy to move them into a shaded area. About a month later they started opening up and they eventually looked really good. The only thing i did notice was that my AOGs did not have the intense florescent color that they had when they were under T5s. Under the LEDs, it was just a flat red color which was really weird because the 20K PARs were pretty damn blue. The SPS looked better under LEDs, though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank was awesome! What area in CA are you?

I liked the simple look you had without too many rocks. I hope that I'll be able to put some coral in my 60f soon. It's been cycling for 3 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived