Coral Vue Hydros

Peewee1467's Drippin' Wet ADA 60P LED Reef

peewee1467

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on fish:

Everything is alive and doing really well. The damn diamond goby is straight up suicidal. I went home for lunch and just as i walked in my room he jumped out the tank and just about 30 seconds ago... i bent over on the side of my tank to turn on the lights for the refugium and BAM! The damn fish jumped out and started floppin everywhere!!!!!!

I'm going to get a custom piece of glass cut today for the lid. hahhaha. I saved his life TWICE already. Not worth the loss.

Wow... Hope that things doesn't jump out when you're not there! :scarry:

Oh, i know!!! He is by far the coolest and most interesting fish i've had.

So the diamond goby has jumped out about 6 times so far. i bought a lid today but its about 2 cm too big to fit. So im gonna return it and just buy a cheap custom cut piecev of glass/acrylic.

I also added a few sps frags and some more fish =D

I gotta save up my money so there wont be anything new till after March. Until then, I'll be watching everything grow.

time to relax :D

I've been paranoid about my fish jumping too with the shallow tank but I can't bring myself to put a cover on it haha. What other fish have you added?

I've been paranoid about my fish jumping too with the shallow tank but I can't bring myself to put a cover on it haha. What other fish have you added?

hahah yeah a cover kinda ruins the look of everything. I just loooove my diamond goby so much. he keeps the sand bed super clean and i'd hate to see him dried up my the carpet.

i just added a trio of chromis. the tank is pretty well stocked now hahah. i kinda wanna add another clownfish to get them to pair up, but that would be pushin it. I still dont have a protein skimmer so I'm going to be doing 6 gallon water changes weekly.

I found a little aptaisa in my tank today so i'm going to try to find a peppermint shrimp. =[

because i think one 150 watt metal halide with 2 ecoxotic stunner strips would look sick. plus, i had a few frags on monipora on a frag rack at the top of my tank that colored up a lot more than the mother colony that was at the bottom of my tank. i think metal halides would be a better choice & an LED pendant costs way too much for me.

i fckn love both!!!

im getting a good deal on it.

Hamilton cayman sun pendant with ballast,bulb and hanging kit brand new for under 190...

the ballast is labeled as HQI ballast and i'm pretty sure it's magnetic. should i upgrade to electronic for 40 dollars more?

i fckn love both!!!

im getting a good deal on it.

Hamilton cayman sun pendant with ballast,bulb and hanging kit brand new for under 190...

the ballast is labeled as HQI ballast and i'm pretty sure it's magnetic. should i upgrade to electronic for 40 dollars more?

No clue about the ballast situation, but i've always been told that electronics are safer then the magnetic ones. But i don't have any hard evidence to back that up. I always go with electronic though.. I like the Hamilton pendants. Great quality. And that price is amazing. I would definitely jump on that deal if it's in good condition. Can't wait to see what the halide looks like over your tank. What bulb temp are you thinking of going with?

No clue about the ballast situation, but i've always been told that electronics are safer then the magnetic ones. But i don't have any hard evidence to back that up. I always go with electronic though.. I like the Hamilton pendants. Great quality. And that price is amazing. I would definitely jump on that deal if it's in good condition. Can't wait to see what the halide looks like over your tank. What bulb temp are you thinking of going with?

Bought the hamilton pendant by itself. I coulda got the whole complete set, but i was gonna upgrade the ballast and bulb in the future so why not just pay a little extra now to get a quality ballast and bulb. I'm going to get either a lumatek or coralvue ballast but idk yet and the bulb im gonna get is either phoenix 14K or 20K. i really like the blue but 20K bulbs usually cost close to double so i might just get 14K and use the rest on an ecoxotic stunner strip :happy:

Bought the hamilton pendant by itself. I coulda got the whole complete set, but i was gonna upgrade the ballast and bulb in the future so why not just pay a little extra now to get a quality ballast and bulb. I'm going to get either a lumatek or coralvue ballast but idk yet and the bulb im gonna get is either phoenix 14K or 20K. i really like the blue but 20K bulbs usually cost close to double so i might just get 14K and use the rest on an ecoxotic stunner strip :happy:

Awesome. Good plans. Looking forward to seeing the setup.

Awesome. Good plans. Looking forward to seeing the setup.

everything should be here by next week.

a little update:

My diamond goby died last week. He seriously jumped out the tank about six times and I was able to save him every time, but one night, he jumped out while i wasn't home and ended up all dried up on the floor the next morning.

I changed up the scape. I think it looks a lot nicer than before. I'm going to change it a bit this weekend and straighten out the sand since i don't have a goby anymore and scrub algae off my glass.

The macro algae in my tank has grown A LOT!!!! I'm gonna have to start trimming soon and it's only been about 2 weeks. I guess that's a good thing. :happy:

My calcium level is at 390 and i dose calcium to the tank. I don't know what the deal is. I also have EVS B-Ionic 2 part Alk and Calcium. I've noticed that ever time I've dosed it, My pokerstar montipora browns out a little. Maybe my Alk is too high, so I'm going to have to test that out soon and see what the deal is.

I did some research and i was going to buy a LUMATEK ballast from marine depot and then i found out that a hydroponics store near my house was a distrubutor so i was going to stop by there and buy one, but then i did a little more research and the part owner of LUMATEK owns a hydroponics shop 15 minutes away from me and since he's the part owner of it, the price is a bit cheaper than everywhere else =]

I will be back tonight with my new ballast and pendant! SO STOKED!!!

Archived