Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Peewee1467's Drippin' Wet ADA 60P LED Reef

peewee1467

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow dude... your tank is slick. That rockwork is definitely awesome. I know what it feels like to be broke and trying to reef dude.. it sucks. I gotta get a job.. :/

Gonna tag along cuz your tank is sweeeeet.

Hey Dan looking good!. you know I bought a new stealth pro for my 55 frag tank but I’m currently using it on my 25 gal Solana and I’m having a hard time making it pass 72 degrees. I thought since its rating for up to 55 gal it would be a piece of cake but i guess not. I’m giving 24 more hours and if it doesn't work I'm calling Marineland. Did you start your planted tank?

Hey Dan looking good!. you know I bought a new stealth pro for my 55 frag tank but I’m currently using it on my 25 gal Solana and I’m having a hard time making it pass 72 degrees. I thought since its rating for up to 55 gal it would be a piece of cake but i guess not. I’m giving 24 more hours and if it doesn't work I'm calling Marineland. Did you start your planted tank?

Yes, i already started my planted tank. It's not the best looking thing, though. Im trying to focus more on my reef. On my regular marineland heater, when i turned the knob to 78 degrees, the temperature of the tank would be exactly at 78 degrees and with the PRO, i have it set at 82 degrees and the temperature at the tank is only at 76 and it's been a little more than 24 hours..... If you end up calling marineland, let me know what they say.

looks very nice with the bulb combo

thanks!

Just picked up a few frags today

candy apple red zoas

tubbs blue zoas

Nuclear green paly

lithium chalice

Pokerstar montipora

To run a sump....Or not to run a sump!!?!!?

Wow dude... your tank is slick. That rockwork is definitely awesome. I know what it feels like to be broke and trying to reef dude.. it sucks. I gotta get a job.. :/

Gonna tag along cuz your tank is sweeeeet.

thanks! even having a job for one day a week makes a HUGE difference especially if you dont have bills to pay. hahhahah.

Hey man, nice startup. I like the rockwork. You've done well to place the rockwork as you have (loosely with lots of space for water flow etc), many poeple just dump the rock in a tight pile and debris just accumulates causing buildup of nutrients.

Good decision on the lights. You'll be able to keep almost anything with those. What are your stocking plans?

To run a sump....Or not to run a sump!!?!!?

thanks! even having a job for one day a week makes a HUGE difference especially if you dont have bills to pay. hahhahah.

Yeah man you are definitely right.

As for the sump, if you run one, you will be able to put the heaters in the sump, and you would be able to run anything like skimmers to reactors(if you use any of these in the future) in the sump instead of having to use hang-on-back equipment. To be honest, a sumps benefit is endless. My first reef which was a 55G was sumpless and i hated it. Had no fuge, and i had 4 powerheads, 2 heaters, a HOB skimmer, and a HOB filter running on the tank and all those wires and appliances in my tank really was an eyesore. Then... on my 25g cube, while i still ran a couple powerheads in the display, everything else was in the sump and it really made a difference. To me anyways.. :P

I'll never go sumpless again. Ever. :)

Hey man, nice startup. I like the rockwork. You've done well to place the rockwork as you have (loosely with lots of space for water flow etc), many poeple just dump the rock in a tight pile and debris just accumulates causing buildup of nutrients.

Good decision on the lights. You'll be able to keep almost anything with those. What are your stocking plans?

Thanks, im glad you like it.

As for stocking, i plan on adding lots of nice zoas/palys a few chalices when i find good deals and some SPS corals from ORA. I have no idea what i want in terms of fish though besides a clownfish. lol i also want a clam in the future. probably no anemones because in my past experiences, they move way too much!

Yeah man you are definitely right.

As for the sump, if you run one, you will be able to put the heaters in the sump, and you would be able to run anything like skimmers to reactors(if you use any of these in the future) in the sump instead of having to use hang-on-back equipment. To be honest, a sumps benefit is endless. My first reef which was a 55G was sumpless and i hated it. Had no fuge, and i had 4 powerheads, 2 heaters, a HOB skimmer, and a HOB filter running on the tank and all those wires and appliances in my tank really was an eyesore. Then... on my 25g cube, while i still ran a couple powerheads in the display, everything else was in the sump and it really made a difference. To me anyways.. :P

I'll never go sumpless again. Ever. :)

you are right about the endless benefits hahaha. i guess i wont mind a tiny HOB overflow on the back of my tank. stability is was more important than a 100% sleek look.

Ok now your just rubbing it in!!! -_-

aaahahaha

the guy i got it from had it floating around in his tank!!!! what a waste. haha

Pay check is coming in two days so that means ill have money for an overflow. The refugium will be a 20 gallon high from petco. Only 20 dollars :happy:

aaahahaha

the guy i got it from had it floating around in his tank!!!! what a waste. haha

Pay check is coming in two days so that means ill have money for an overflow. The refugium will be a 20 gallon high from petco. Only 20 dollars :happy:

Nice dude. Great decision. You won't be disappointed. Keep us updated! ;)

got the corals a few days ago... im tryin to sell them to get some of my money back though. Why? because i was supposed to have my sump last week. i ordered the overflow from foster&smith and the arrival date is next week?! i just checked with the tracking number... i placed the order last week and it has JUST shipped out from Wisconsin. So im afraid the corals wont do to well and thats why i wanna give them to a good home and probably buy them again in the future. i guess it was my mistake for gettin them too early and also FEDEX smart post sucks.. hahaha

By the beginning of next month, i plan on replacing my lights with 150 watt t5s and two ecoxotic LED stunner strips. It should look a lot nicer with all the shimmering =D

My overflow came in the mail today. FINALLY!!

I took a few quick pictures with my cell phone and here they are!

163118_128235283909774_100001699108569_174944_7332209_n.jpg

I assembled it together in a couple minutes and i noticed that the black overflow bends in.

167555_128235000576469_100001699108569_174938_7068071_n.jpg

Is that normal? i dont remember my eshopps pf300 lookin like that...

anywho... I finished the sump. First time making one so it kinda looks like a mess, but it works!

168583_128235443909758_100001699108569_174947_7492568_n.jpg

you can see how the first piece on the left( the last one I siliconed) looks the best. lol

basically the pump will go in the small chamber and water from the display tank will drain down to the left side of the tank. im gonna add a deep sand bed and a whole buncha macro algae. hopefully it'll turn into a frag tank down the road.

oh, and i almost forgot... got a tyree sunset montipora, also.

180084_128235193909783_100001699108569_174942_7707040_n.jpg

it's sooooooo bright in my tank, buy you cant tell with the picture=[.

when i went to meet up with a local reefer, he had it in a little container and it was the same exact color with no lights.

heres my two fish i currently have in the tank.

166388_128236307243005_100001699108569_174954_1381925_n.jpg

Super badass algae blenny that eats all day long and takes a dump every hour... :happy: hahah

here are some pictures taken just a few days ago.

ORA Gold Maxima Clam -

95wmcn.jpg

Algae Blenny chillin' on a snail -

16204s4.jpg

A few frags of AOGs, Candy Apple Red, Pokerstar Montipora -

2ynjosm.jpg

Pokerstar Montipora mother colony ( all browned out when i first got it) -

1zqujnq.jpg

ORA Verde Acropora -

9giq01.jpg

Lithium Chalice? -

e5itc3.jpg

Ora maxima, Grandis Paly & Nukes -

nya782.jpg

Side shot -

2z6wl5x.jpg

FTS 1/23/11 -

33lmi6a.jpg

I still need to wait for the silicone on my sump to cure and I need to buy some PVC to plumb the overflow. After this week i should have a completed set up. Im going to use a 2x18 watt straight pin PC fixture for the refugium. Theres going to be some Caulerpa Prolifera and some red macro. I really want a few mangroves, also.

Damn coming together very nicely not gunna lie, you need to hurry up with that sump!!!

Very nice pics by the way always nice to see the combination of reefs and photographers with nice cameras :]

This tank is so nice. That sump looks great! My baffles were sloppy too.. :/ but it gets the job done so it doesn't matter. As long as they are strong your good to go. Is that a 20H or something? What's the dimensions of that tank?

Also, that Tyree sunset piece looks amazing!!! And so do the rest of your coral. I'm still jealous.

This tank is so nice. That sump looks great! My baffles were sloppy too.. :/ but it gets the job done so it doesn't matter. As long as they are strong your good to go. Is that a 20H or something? What's the dimensions of that tank?

Also, that Tyree sunset piece looks amazing!!! And so do the rest of your coral. I'm still jealous.

Yeah it's a 20H. The label on the tank says 24x 13 x 16, so i went to buy some acrylic and i got three pieces o 13"x 11". i went home and tried to see if the pieces fit and they didnt so i was like wtf! i took out a measuring tape and it's actually 12 inches wide. lol

I cant get enough of the sunset montipora. it's by far the brightest coral i have right now.

166405_128378287228807_100001699108569_175759_6575347_n.jpg

Archived