inTank Media Baskets

Peewee1467's Drippin' Wet ADA 60P LED Reef

peewee1467

The grow shops dont carry the dimmable 250 watt ballasts so i had to order one on marine depot. shouldn't take that long since it's in the same state.

ughh! I have my pendant and bulb ready to be fired up!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful little tank man

THANKS!

tank looks good man! is that the shelf rock from BRS?

thanks.

it's not the shelf rock from BRS. i got it from my LFS i asked them what kind it was and they said it was the cheapest one they could order. hahaha but i really like it.

Any pics of the new lighting setup or what?? Im anxious too see these bad boys!!

No pictures yet. lol

I'm using an old FISHNEEDIT 20K bulb in my fixture. It gives off a whitish/pinkish color which i don't really like that much!

I'm going to get either a Phoenix 14K or a 20K bulb for the fixture. The Lumatek lamp is pretty nice. It stays nice and cool. My Hamilton pendant came with two wires and i had to go to the hardware store to get eyehooks and metal sleeves. I didn't like it at all because i had to crimp the wires and after that, there was no way of adjusting the height so i took that off and added chains. Looks pretty damn ghetto but it works.

So right now, there's basically no blue in my tank -_- so I'm kinda pissed because my corals don't look that cool anymore.

:( That sucks dude.. but don't worry. Once you change out that bulb for a brand new one, everything will look great again. New crisp bulbs are the best! If you are looking to get a 20k bulb, i would say to just go with the Phoenix 14k bulb, as i hear that it is very blue. The perk is that with 14k, you will get more PAR then a 20k bulb. So with the 14k Phoenix you get great colors, and great growth. If i go halide, that will most likely be the bulb i will be going with.
:( That sucks dude.. but don't worry. Once you change out that bulb for a brand new one, everything will look great again. New crisp bulbs are the best! If you are looking to get a 20k bulb, i would say to just go with the Phoenix 14k bulb, as i hear that it is very blue. The perk is that with 14k, you will get more PAR then a 20k bulb. So with the 14k Phoenix you get great colors, and great growth. If i go halide, that will most likely be the bulb i will be going with.

I've had the phoenix 14K before. It was used with a 150 watt Sunpod. I read lots of reviews prior to buying it and people said it was was white with a nice touch of blue, but it seemed pretty white to me with barely any blue ( at least not enough to make my zoas "pop"). Maybe it was because the Sunpod sucked. lol. I think I'm going to give it another try. I'm going to end up getting some Ecoxotic stunner strips in the future anyways so I guess it'd be a good idea. I'm going to do a little group buy at my LFS and the bulb will only run me about $40!

Great looking tank! I just got a bc29 and stand from craigslist for 75$, I'm a little sad there are a few scratches in the front side. But I'll be keepin an eye on this to see how you like the halide. My BC29 came with stock hood and lighting so i'm looking to upgrade to something in a month or 2. So many lighting options it is hard to decide. Anyways great stuff peewee, keep the updates coming.

So if you guys have been lurking in the hardware classifieds, you'd know that i have sold the metal halide.

Wasnt diggin it that much. and it looked horrible handing above my tank lol.

Im going to get two par38 on this tank now. hahahha i change my mind too quick :happy:

But after i get LEDs, ill be able to give a review on all three types of lighting. I'm going to do a little review on par38s before placing my final order and if i do it today, it should be here by the end of the week!

never even got any pics of the halides:/

hahha oh well. they didnt look that good anyways.

just placed an order at nanotuners for two 20k par38. Chris was great to deal with over the phone. The lights are back ordered until (hopefully) tomorrow. He said they should arrive on Satuday. That gives me time to look for something to hold the lights in. I'm just going to get some clamp on clamps and call it good.

I also changed up the rockwork again. It's such a pain in the ass to do and I'm satisfied.

Update this weekend FORSURE =D

the lights shipped out today and it should be here on saturday. until then, im going to clean out my tank and find something to mount the lights on. i've been looking onto clamp lamps that'll clamp onto the back of my fish tank. another option would be a desk lamp, but the back of my fish tank is flat so there's nothing to clamp it onto.... so i might have to move my tank a bit and drill on a piece of wood on the back for support.

182690_136650979734871_100001699108569_219207_1757304_n.jpg

Finally! Nanotuners PAR38 LEDs arrived at my door this morning. I used the desk lights from office depot, but they seemed flimsy and couldnt really handle the weight of the bulbs that well so i returned it and went to Home Depot to get some flood lights thanks to teamschreiba. These lights are AWESOME. So much better than power compacts, t5s HO and Metal halides. I'm excited to see the difference in growth in the long run. Hopefully it'll turn out really good fingerscrossed

182690_136650979734871_100001699108569_219207_1757304_n.jpg

Finally! Nanotuners PAR38 LEDs arrived at my door this morning. I used the desk lights from office depot, but they seemed flimsy and couldnt really handle the weight of the bulbs that well so i returned it and went to Home Depot to get some flood lights thanks to teamschreiba. These lights are AWESOME. So much better than power compacts, t5s HO and Metal halides. I'm excited to see the difference in growth in the long run. Hopefully it'll turn out really good fingerscrossed

Looks great!! I should have got the ones that were painted white as well. It matches the bulbs and wall perfectly :happy:

I wish you luck. I'm curious to see how the colors of your corals will be after a few months. Mine didn't fare so well with the par38. :angry:

the SPS in my tank look really good with the LEDs. The "browned out pokerstar montipora" that i had is actually a rainbow montipora. i can now see orange polyps. really cool! all my zoas and palys arent doin too well. lol theyve all closed up except for two little frags of pink zoas. hopefully they dont die.

Looks great!! I should have got the ones that were painted white as well. It matches the bulbs and wall perfectly :happy:

hahah they didnt have the kit that you used in the store so the whites were my second option. I'm glad i got it in white. it's such a pain in the ass to adjust though because i gotta use a screw driver. :angry:

hahah they didnt have the kit that you used in the store so the whites were my second option. I'm glad i got it in white. it's such a pain in the ass to adjust though because i gotta use a screw driver. :angry:

Yeah I have to adjust mine with a screwdriver too. Luckily I didn't have to mess with it too long before I got it how I want it.

just epoxied some corals onto the rocks and moved all the frags to the side.my tank has never looked this good before. the corals i epoxied are PISSED off. LOL! I also got a mini colonly of birds of paradise on Saturday. it's been getting brighter and brighter as time goes on. my buddy will be here with his camera tomorrow. i'm going to get together with a few friends and place a coral order.

the only fish i have left right now is one bangai. i plan on adding two ORA clowns. Not sure which type though. Black perculas, picasso, maybe snowflakes? Still thinking about it.

a little update for tonight, enjoy.

25gcgpg.jpg

11adbg4.jpg

just got a huge birds of paradise birdsnest. it sticks out like a sore thumb =D

Archived