Cultivated Reef

Peewee1467's Drippin' Wet ADA 60P LED Reef

peewee1467

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking great!! I love that scape too and can't wait to see it full of corals :D

hopefully that will happen soon! i just need to save up for an aquaC remora and then i can add in a bunch of sps.

That thing is so awesome. How does it grow out? Is it encrusting? Or does it grow branches or something?

Yeah, it's encrusting. There's a Digitata version which branches, but i prefer the encrusting one that i have because it looks really cool once it starts growing over the rocks.

Looking good...some nice corals there...we dont get as nice stuff in the UK. :angry:

Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks! Aren't planted fish tanks really popular over in the UK?

Sunset looks awesome. I like the idea with the rockwork, good job on the tank.

after 4 different tanks.... i am finally happy with my rock work. lol

Okay, so i spent a couple hours running back and fourth to the irrigation shop for pieces of PVC. lol. After a few hours, the plumbing was done and the sump was filled up. There's 15 gallons of water in the sump so that's a total of 33 gallons of water. I really hate the Eshopps Nano overflow. I've had the larger version, which was really well built, but i feel like the nano is very filmsy..and it doesn't seem proportional. It was loud as hell so i had to use an airline to stick it down the bulkhead (which i didnt need to do for the PF-300) The black overflow box is tilted inwards A LOT ( as u can see in the picture above) and it makes the whole thing look retarded from the side. If i wouldve known it was going to look like that, i woul've gone with the Eshopps PF 300.

But anyways... here's a quick picture i snapped from my cell phone for you guys. Tell me what you think so far.

180042_128736627192973_100001699108569_177249_7905568_n.jpg

The sump is going to have sand in it tomorrow night and it'll be a display frag tank. My dog seems to really like it =D i can't wait to add a little fish in there. It'll keep him busy for DAYS! He's the most energetic dog, so it should be really fun to watch LOL

179465_128736797192956_100001699108569_177250_2607819_n.jpg

Bag of macro algae.

Sorry the overflow isn't sitting right with you. I know what it's like to have a piece of equipment that just straight up sucks. But really the tank looks amazing. Just looking at your tank kind of makes me want to go all T5's instead of a halide setup. Hmm... T5's....

Sorry the overflow isn't sitting right with you. I know what it's like to have a piece of equipment that just straight up sucks. But really the tank looks amazing. Just looking at your tank kind of makes me want to go all T5's instead of a halide setup. Hmm... T5's....

Yeah, I want metal halides with LEDs pretty bad but it's tough to get rid of my TEK.

You should get some close up pics of that sump and definetly get a thick sandbed in that thing haha like 6"

Yeah dude im getting two 20lbs baggies tomorrow! ill probably need 3 bags to get a six inch sand bed. It'd be sick to get a few garden eels in there hahahahah

Came home an hour ago with 40 lbs of #0 aragonite sand. This stuff is really fine.

163144_128992663834036_100001699108569_178357_7105654_n.jpg

Rinsed it about 10 times in a 5 gallon bucket and the water was still pretty nappy. I dont think i couldve gotten it any cleaner so i went ahead and dumped the first 20 lbs into the refugium.

Right now the water is really foggy so im gonna wait till everything settles down before adding more sand in.

Exciting news:

Got paid today so i placed an order for 3 sexy shrimps, and 3 Bangai Cardinals. I also might pick up a yellow watchman goby.

Any ideas for cool fish/critters to add to the refugium??? lol

Came home an hour ago with 40 lbs of #0 aragonite sand. This stuff is really fine.

163144_128992663834036_100001699108569_178357_7105654_n.jpg

Rinsed it about 10 times in a 5 gallon bucket and the water was still pretty nappy. I dont think i couldve gotten it any cleaner so i went ahead and dumped the first 20 lbs into the refugium.

Right now the water is really foggy so im gonna wait till everything settles down before adding more sand in.

Exciting news:

Got paid today so i placed an order for 3 sexy shrimps, and 3 Bangai Cardinals. I also might pick up a yellow watchman goby.

Any ideas for cool fish/critters to add to the refugium??? lol

Nice livestock selection bro. Just remember you don't want to put anything in the fuge that will prey on the microlife that grows there. A refugium is a place where fauna and micro-inverts/inverts can grow without being eaten by predators. Definitely some cool inverts you could put in there though.. I had a couple sexy shrimp in my fuge. Check out http://www.ipsf.com/ and look at their sandbed activators and refugium start up kits. I know it seems a bit pricey but in those purchases you get tons of microlife and micro-inverts that will populate your fuge. That's what i'm doing with my next fuge setup.

Nice livestock selection bro. Just remember you don't want to put anything in the fuge that will prey on the microlife that grows there. A refugium is a place where fauna and micro-inverts/inverts can grow without being eaten by predators. Definitely some cool inverts you could put in there though.. I had a couple sexy shrimp in my fuge. Check out http://www.ipsf.com/ and look at their sandbed activators and refugium start up kits. I know it seems a bit pricey but in those purchases you get tons of microlife and micro-inverts that will populate your fuge. That's what i'm doing with my next fuge setup.

DUDE WTF MAN! You read my mind! hahah i was just gonna make a post to ask where to get some stuff to add the the DSP. lol.

Im mainly looking for lots of litle brittle stars. Im going to either get a container of copepods or tiger pods soon, also. I dont really see any pods at all in my tank.

DUDE WTF MAN! You read my mind! hahah i was just gonna make a post to ask where to get some stuff to add the the DSP. lol.

Im mainly looking for lots of litle brittle stars. Im going to either get a container of copepods or tiger pods soon, also. I dont really see any pods at all in my tank.

Haha, glad that link helped then. I definitely want lots of those micro brittle stars too, those are first on my list of inverts actually. You may not see any pods right now, but trust me, if your chaeto ball is like the rest of the chaeto balls in the world, you'll soon have an explosion of the darn things. It may not look like it, but somewhere in that ball of plant there are pods running around all over.

Haha, glad that link helped then. I definitely want lots of those micro brittle stars too, those are first on my list of inverts actually. You may not see any pods right now, but trust me, if your chaeto ball is like the rest of the chaeto balls in the world, you'll soon have an explosion of the darn things. It may not look like it, but somewhere in that ball of plant there are pods running around all over.

yeah, youre right. I got it last night so the pods probably hadnt had a chance to get to the display tank. It's actually some type of caulerpa, although i really do want some chaeto.

yeah, youre right. I got it last night so the pods probably hadnt had a chance to get to the display tank. It's actually some type of caulerpa, although i really do want some chaeto.

Oh true, yeah same thing as far as pods go. They take refuge in mostly all fauna. Just give it some time.. you'll have more pods than you could possibly want.

Got a frag of Lunar Eclipse palythoas. Still coloring up, but it's really bright in person.

166449_129252900474679_100001699108569_179552_6892657_n.jpg

picture taken with my cell phone

looking great, did you solve your frag tank issue?

i was so disappointed with the bta getting trashed by the power head. I'll just wait for the next one available...

looking great, did you solve your frag tank issue?

i was so disappointed with the bta getting trashed by the power head. I'll just wait for the next one available...

the sand settled overnight and the water is crystal clear. Wont be a frag tank until i upgrade the PCs to metal halides/t5s. I'm still trying to acquire frags for the fisplay tank first. lol

I'm trying to get a few anemones in the future since im getting sexy shrimps tomorrow i will definitely chop some up.

On the top of the lists of anemones are sebaes, red/blue carpets and green BTA. Do you still have the massive green carpet you got from me?

the sand settled overnight and the water is crystal clear. Wont be a frag tank until i upgrade the PCs to metal halides/t5s. I'm still trying to acquire frags for the fisplay tank first. lol

I'm trying to get a few anemones in the future since im getting sexy shrimps tomorrow i will definitely chop some up.

On the top of the lists of anemones are sebaes, red/blue carpets and green BTA. Do you still have the massive green carpet you got from me?

yes i't insane, will try to "frag it" soon. thou i remove it from my mian diaplay and its on my 55 frag tank.

have you seen my tank thread? still trying to figure out where to place the chalices you i got from you, any suggestions?

tank thread for the 55 or bowfront? i havn't seen the 55 yet

The chalice starting having new eyes weekly in a medium to low light area with minimal flow.

whenever you frag the green carpet, i'd like to either buy a small piece or trade you for a green bubble..

Those zoas are awesome dude.. i so badly want some. :/

yeah, theyre awesome!! hopefully it'll be a fast grower fingerscrossed

Anywho......... I JUST got recieved my livestock.

3 bangai

3 sexy shrimp

1 Diamond goby

Here are all the bags sitting in my car

180616_129404490459520_100001699108569_180138_8365362_n.jpg

Acclimating:

179314_129404603792842_100001699108569_180139_8186764_n.jpg

Thank god i dont have class till another 3 hours..... hahahha

It's a VIA AQUA 2x18 watt straight pin PC fixture. I have one 10K and one 50/50 lamps on there. Im going to replace them with brand new 10Ks

Archived