Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nebthet's 20L pygmy clown tank: Euphyllia Forest and Juvi clowns 2b readded

nebthet

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes... but now comes the extremely hard part... getting the other super tiny small clown out of the larger tank..

It only comes out at night, goes directly to the sebae anemone, and jams himself into the corner so finger, nets and anything else can't get at him. He doesn't swim out in the open. So, netting won't be possible.

Some more pix now that I have Omen in this tank.

Remember, when looking at these pictures.. Omen will be 2 years old in May.....

Close up shot of Omen in his, soon to be her, new environment.

omen20L02-22-2011.jpg

20Lomen02-22-2011.jpg

View from my Bed: Yes, that is my pillow in the way at the bottom left.

20Lbedview02-22-2011.jpg

Better FTS without flash.

20Lfts02-22-2011.jpg

A Cerith, Pod and a Chiton walked into a bar......

20Lcerith02-22-2011.jpg

Moved this acro into this tank to see if it would do better here. I had it in my 57 display on the side of the tank and it didn't like it there. I had moved it down to the sand bed there and it was doing great and beginning to color back up, but the duncans were getting very happy in there areas and beginning to touch this guy and I was running outta room down there. So, I decided to move it over to this tank, seeing how the digis and the other tricolor acro are happy and showing signs of great growth in the month or so they have been in the tank. Keep your fingers crossed.

20Lunkownacro02-22-2011.jpg

Omen is seeming happy in his new home. He is adapting just fine. It is taking him a little while to realize that he can take his time eating as there are no bigger, or other clowns in this tank with him. He still will only eat the food on the water surface, but not so much when it starts sinking, so I am hoping I can start training that part out of him. I will be trying to feed him a little extra for the first little bit though to ensure he keeps his strength up during the transition.

Thanks for the compliment.. I am just glad he is as healthy as he is having been picked on by the larger clowns. These little clowns are definitely smart cookies of the marine world.

Yes, the plan when I bought it with the other tiny little clown I have in the display was to eventually pair them up, and eventually breed some Onyx clowns. So, I am hoping I can get the 2nd even tinier, like half Omen's size tinier, clown outta my 57g display without tearing it down.

• 2 weeks later...

Beginning of the month update for March.

Added a Tangora goby to this tank. It's pretty cool looking actually and only reaches a max size of 2.1 inches, so it makes my little clown in here seem big. They are not a very active fish, just kinda sits there most of the time, but scoots where ever it wants.

Here are two pics.. almost the same, but one with his dorsal fin up and the other down.

tangora03-05-2011.jpg

20Ltangora03-05-2011.jpg

The next series of pix are just a quick update on the growth of the frags I have in there. Look to previous pics will confirm how much they have grown.

20Ltricolor03-05-2011.jpg

20Lreddigi03-05-2011.jpg

20Lrdigi03-05-2011.jpg

20Lptdigi03-05-2011.jpg

20Lgsp03-05-2011.jpg

I ordered in two Par30 bulbs from Boostled. They are the All Royal Blue with 60 degree optics to use like you would for an actinic lighting source. This means I will be removing one of the current bulbs from my configuration and adding an extra one. I haven't figured out which bulb to remove yet, but am suspecting it might be the IceCooLed 10k bulb, which will be kept as a spare in case anything happens.. I am hoping the bulb will be in within the next week and a bit.

I really like the goby.. even if it doesn't do much, it is interesting to watch it.

The camera I am using is the Canon t1i with the stock 18-55mm lense for those pictures.

My really up close macros I use the 100mm f2.8 usm macro lense.

DimePieceReef

Nice macro shots dude! I like the cerith,pod and chiton shot.haha..btw does your clown swim at the top a lot?

Yes, my clown constantly swims at the top. He rarely swims lower. He's capable of it. When he was in the larger tank with Big Momma and Jigsaw and he got chased around, he would swim down into the rock work and stay there all day, so he is able to swim lower if he really wants to. I guess he just prefers to stick near the top.

LOL... funny you say that, because he sure didn't act like he wanted to be free when I kept trying to catch him in early Feb.

Interesting thing to note, however, is that the smaller clown still in the display has develop more of the black around the fins since Omen was removed.

Actually it pretty much remained the same. Only difference is the larger clowns changed their dominance focus from Omen to Runt.

LMAO..... god if only.. I could pimp him out and when he changes sex to a female, hope to hell s/he lays golden eggs.

golden eggs are nice, but cadbury is way better. However something tells me chocloate & cream doesnt mix well with corals. My maroon clowns loved chocolate, but thats do to a silly 2 yr old

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Victory%20is%20mine.jpg

WOO HOO!!!!!!

Finally, got Runt out of the main display tank and into this tank.. Yippeee!!!!!!!!

I will add some pics of him in this tank after the lights come on later tonight.

Archived