Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nebthet's 20L pygmy clown tank: Euphyllia Forest and Juvi clowns 2b readded

nebthet

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a pic of a couple of my CUC in this tank.

electrichermit2-01-20-2011.jpg

electrichermit1-01-20-2011.jpg

electonrocks01-20-2011.jpg

Mini acan frag.. has like 4 small heads on it.

acanfrag01-20-2011.jpg

And a pic of me.. lol

me.jpg

LOL... that is the only pic of me I have around... I am the one who takes pics.. I don't like being in them.

The electric hermits are really cool. So much more fun to watch than the regular blue legged hermits.

Hi AM... yeah I like that little acan too. It came from my main colony and I had it on the sand bed in that tank for a long time and I wanted to see how it would do under led lights.

There is going to be a lot of learning on my end to figure out how much light the corals need from the leds and how far away from the bulb that is.

Times like this I wish I had a par meter, it would make the learning curve easier.

There is going to be a lot of learning on my end to figure out how much light the corals need from the leds and how far away from the bulb that is.

Times like this I wish I had a par meter, it would make the learning curve easier.

from my year experience with leds. You cant really have TOO much light. granted you need to acclimate your corals to leds much slower than other forms of lighting. Keep to the golden rule of lower light requiring corals at the bottom & higher demanding corals up top. Thats not to say you cant have sps on the bottom, they'll do just fine. But try not to put low light corals up high unless very slowly acclimating them.

I have mine set to about 75% white & 45-50% blue (i have more blue leds than white) I havent seen any adverse problems with having that much light. Growth & color is amazing.

Yeah with the leds you can dim it is a little easier to acclimate the corals to them. With the par38's it is determining how far from the centre out is the most appropriate place and for what coral, and if I need to raise or lower the light itsself.

Thankfully I don't plan on adding a whole lot of corals to this tank.

Thankfully I don't plan on adding a whole lot of corals to this tank.

That's what I told my wife when I was convincing her to let me set up a 3rd tank in the house... :D

quoted for the historical documents

But it is true... I plan on adding a sand dwelling anemone that can get between 12-18 inches in size when fully open.

That will take up most of the coral space.

:P

That's what I told my wife when I was convincing her to let me set up a 3rd tank in the house... :D

i straight up told my wife that we were going to harvest corals... and that it was just like buying seeds and planting them in a garden... the seeds would be soooo cheaaapp... lol

They have been so far.. once the tank comes along a little more I will bring out my macro lense and take some shots of them.

Got more rock today... was given about 15lbs or so I think. LOL... I was given one huge piece of fiji LR that is about 9.5 inches wide, by 9 or so inches Long by 6.5 or so inches high... It has to be about 8lbs or more on it's own. LOL. Then the piece with the shell on it is cool. I think that one is around 1.5-2lbs.

I was also given a large piece, I would say around 4-5lbs of eco-reefer rock, but there was no way it was going to fit in this tank with how simple I wanted to keep the aquascape. It was so dense I couldn't even hammer it into size. I would have to take it outside and try to smash it against stuff numerous times, and frankly I'm just too lazy to do that.

So here are some updated pix.

The new scape. I left a wide area in the middle about 12inches or so open for preparation for the sebae anemone. The rock on the left can be home to some high light sps or something maybe, and the right can be an acan garden.

Sorry for all the microbubbles in this pic, I'm still breaking in the skimmer.

fts20L01-22-2011.jpg

Then a pic of a cerith and black banded trochus snails doing their job and working at the diatoms.

cerithtrochus01-22-2011.jpg

Suprisingly no change in parameters since adding the new rock to the tank.

I am gonna do a water change tomorrow provided things in the apartment are a little warmer and I don't have to carry water over a space heater.. don't want any accidents that way..

Then if the parameters remain stable for a week, I am going to attempt to transfer either the two young clowns or just the one bengaii..

Wha?? You assumed by the cute Pichu slappin his bum?? LOL... should have seen my level 80 Pichu decimate the elite four in my P. Diamond game. It was funny.

:lol: hi5

I'm working on Soulsilver and Diamond currently, myself. I held off on buying a ds for so long, being stubborn, waiting for the price to come down. I finally got one for christmas. The price for a used one is pretty good now. Plus I got one of those special edition sky blue ones. Spending more time on Soulsilver lately, trying to fill up that pokedex. I think my current count is 112? Around there.

Those electric blue hermits look awesome! They've got some at my lfs and I'm not entirely sure why I haven't picked one up yet. They make my red tip hermits look so dull.

LOL.. yeah I'm an adult that plays kids games, but they are good for a mind numbing distraction. I can't wait for black and white to come out in North America though.. finally some different pokemon to get, though most of the designs for them suck.

I know what you mean about the electric blue hermits.. I lost one today.. :( but oh well.. that was to be expected. I would love to get a halloween hermit too.. but will have to wait for that.

Looks like the tank is coming along nicely can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks Twinn,

It has come together nicely, now it is just a matter of time before I can add the things I want to add in there.

So where in Canada are you from?

hey im goin around asking all the canadians (all 3 of them.. lol) where they get their corals from.. gonna bookmark all these places .. need to get a nice order in soon! sooo.. thats me asking.. lol

hey im goin around asking all the canadians (all 3 of them.. lol) where they get their corals from.. gonna bookmark all these places .. need to get a nice order in soon! sooo.. thats me asking.. lol

I've only gotten my locally. never ordered online. I only have a handful tho. North American Fish Breeders and some of the Big al's (Scarb, North York, Vaughan, Sauga, Brampton etc.).

I pick up and order my coral online.

- oceansdirect.ca (division of NAFB) for zoas, acans and favias

I have also purchased off of other hobbiests online.. got some nice sps from Reef_to_Reef, who is a member on the canreef.com forum.

The anemones, and clams I had and fish I get from Forty Fathoms (fortyfathoms.net) in Gananoque. I only get the chance to get up and see him about 3 times a year if I am lucky but his prices are some of the best around and he will order in specific items for you.

He keeps his livestock list for upcoming orders updated on his forum and you can ask him to bring in specifics for you.

Archived