SaltCritters.com

Lani's Clownfish Breeding Thread

Lalani

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you planning to raise the next batch as well? You can be a clownfish factory? :)

Again, no losses today! Day 6. :D

No sign of meta yet, but I'm keeping a close eye on them.

When I fed crushed flake - meta took almost 2 weeks. So you might have some time. Once I switched to the otohime A and B, they started hitting meta in just 4 - 6 days.

Are you planning to raise the next batch as well? You can be a clownfish factory? :)

Nah, I think I've got my hands full for now, lol.

When I fed crushed flake - meta took almost 2 weeks. So you might have some time. Once I switched to the otohime A and B, they started hitting meta in just 4 - 6 days.

Hmm, where did you get your otohime from? :flower:

This morning I saw some of them swimming awkwardly with their tails curled, but only occasionally. We'll see!

It so darn expensive. :/

Still chugging along, but one loss today... we'll miss you little buddy!

They're all getting so big! (compared to how tiny they started off as...)

It so darn expensive. :/

It is pricey - I would at least get the "A" to start them off. The other thing is a little of that stuff goes a long way. The stuff should last you a very long time.

Ya, I need to get my hands on some of it...

8 days old! Only one loss in the past few days. :)

Note: Heavily edited the contrast/levels of these pics so you can actually see the shape of the babies. They're actually starting to look like little fish!

IMG_4728a.jpg

IMG_4723a.jpg

IMG_4717a.jpg

IMG_4714a.jpg

IMG_4704a.jpg

Thanks. :D

Little guys are getting bigger! Saw a few today starting to swim 'bobbingly' but it's on and off. Their eyesight is definitely a lot better and some of them are even looking like a school. All in all, things are good, I think. I took a couple of pics today and from the FTS I was able to count over a 100 and some of them weren't in the pic... I'm guessing there are around 120, sheesh! I wonder how many I would have if I hadn't screwed up the flow those first two days.

IMG_4747.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

Thanks guys. :)

Still haven't hit meta, but they're bigger, faster, and very active. I ordered some otohime A this morning and will hopefully have that in a couple of days.

The second (huge) clutch is supposed to hatch tonight. I considered setting up another hatching tank for them, but I think I have my hands full enough with these 100+ for now. I'll wait until these are a little bigger before trying for more. :unsure:

Still no meta, sigh. But the otohime arrived about an hour ago and the babies attacked the little bit I put in voraciously, lol. We'll see how quickly they get to meta now!

Still no meta, sigh. But the otohime arrived about an hour ago and the babies attacked the little bit I put in voraciously, lol. We'll see how quickly they get to meta now!

Nice ... now you are playing with power!

I just recalled that my very first hatch went the same exact way - until someone here turned me on to the otohime. I swear they hit meta almost immediately after I started feeding it.

I'll be curious to see if you get a high percentage of misbars like I did.

Haha, you're right Pickles because only a couple of days after introducing otohime and WHAM!

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4865.jpg

IMG_4864.jpg

Two have full head bands and the rest are following suit! :happydance:

I added the LR rubble from the nem tank yesterday and thankfully that didn't seem to bother the little guys.

IMG_4851.jpg

Archived