Cultivated Reef

Lani's Clownfish Breeding Thread

Lalani

SO DAMN COOL! Way to go Lani! Congrats.

Can't wait to see these guys grow.

Do you have a buyer or anything lined up for these guys?

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, you're right Pickles because only a couple of days after introducing otohime and WHAM!

Amazing isn't it? It's like the developement just stalls until they get the right nutrients.

Great job kid!

SO DAMN COOL! Way to go Lani! Congrats.

Can't wait to see these guys grow.

Do you have a buyer or anything lined up for these guys?

I have a bunch of people on the forums wanting them, including a bunch of locals but whichever fish I can't sell that way I'll probably take to the LFSs if they'll buy them.

Congrats now you can breath easier. When did you add the rock? Whats the black thing above the water line?

I've been adding small pieces of rock to the tank over the last few days. The pile of rubble came from the maxi nem tank that I emptied yesterday. I'm also not going to do a water change today since they're going through meta. All params are good so it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Oh, the black thing above the water line? I'm guessing you're looking at the nimble nano to keep the glass clean!

Amazing isn't it? It's like the developement just stalls until they get the right nutrients.

Great job kid!

Haha, thanks, I'm so relieved to actually get to this point!

Wow Lalani, these are cooler than mine! Also, what do you plan on doing with them? That's a lot of fish to sell!

There's no way I can keep even a few of them! I'm hoping to sell them all to reefers on the forums but since there are so many (I hadn't planned on this many surviving!!!) I may have to sell some to LFSs. We'll see!

if you're planning on selling em, I might be interested in one or two....sick thread

Cool beans, I definitely plan on selling them and there will be plenty to go around. I'll keep posting updates on their progress here and let you guys know when they're ready to be adopted. :happy:

Looks like most of them have head bands now. :D

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

This little guy is absolutely in love with the ammonia alert badge... I'll need to get a surrogate anemone for them soon, lol.

IMG_4910.jpg

I hate you... first crack at it and you have more fish then you know what to do with. :angry:

Oh... who am I kidding... that is awesome!!! Once you have those head stripes you are though the hardest part - just keep doing what you are doing and remember they are still sensitive little buggers.

Now do it again!!!!

My O's finally laid another nest after taking a Christmas break - I'm going to take another run at it next Saturday night.

I just recalled that my very first hatch went the same exact way - until someone here turned me on to the otohime. I swear they hit meta almost immediately after I started feeding it.

:)

looking good lalani

So cool Kim! B)

:flower:

I hate you... first crack at it and you have more fish then you know what to do with. :angry:

Oh... who am I kidding... that is awesome!!! Once you have those head stripes you are though the hardest part - just keep doing what you are doing and remember they are still sensitive little buggers.

Now do it again!!!!

My O's finally laid another nest after taking a Christmas break - I'm going to take another run at it next Saturday night.

Hahaha, thanks man. :P

And woo, I should have another clutch hatching Saturday night too! You're going to raise these?

Congrats on the head stripes. Any idea how many survivors you have?

Thanks! I haven't lost any more so we're still holding at 100+. :)

:)

looking good lalani

Thanks man! Now give me one of your snocassos! :P

No, seriously.

i feel for ya pickles, im jealous too. i cant get even a apir to lay yet. hehe i think my Rods Onyx female is really fat, more fatter than the others i have and i hope she is fattening up with eggs and not just fat and happy. hehe

cute babies, wayy too cute. im watching hoarders while im typing this and i have a feeling when i do get some clutches, im gonna have a hard time to get rid of any. haha

Dude, you're gonna be so rich!

Haha, ya right. :P

So I put something really ugly in the tank today but the little guys are in love with it. As soon as it was in the water a group of them started hosting it, even as I was setting it down... I think I'm going to have to buy or maybe make something larger for them..

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4930.jpg

I've observed something else too. Up until this point, the majority of the babies have been huddling in the two back corners of the tank.. but now that the ugly nem/coral/thing is in the tank, they are all dispersed evenly throughout the water column (except when I'm nearby, then they go back to huddling, so of course I can't get any pics of it). This is cool to see. :)

Hahaha, funny. :P

I think I'm gonna get things ready to try raising this next batch, which should hatch Saturday night. It's another big one, I'll snap a pic and figure out about how many.

Edit: So around 1100.... :mellow:

IMG_4950.jpg

Just think of it this way: a clownfish costs around $20, so we'll say wholesale $10. You have 1100 eggs, which is equivalent to $11,000 worth of clownfish! you're rich! B)

Archived