Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lani's Clownfish Breeding Thread

Lalani

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely clear pictures. You can even see the little fry in their cocoons. Waiting for the next update. Wish you luck and I hope my pair of clowns will lay eggs one day. :)

I'm so sold on that lens.

Wanna do a baby trade? lol

Hell yeah man! :D

And when're you going to get a macro lens, eh??? Did you ask for one for Christmas? :P

They look like little pills with eyes... so cute.. even at this stage. Very nice pics Lalani.

Thanks!

INCREDIBLE!

:D

Omigosh, I still need to find a spot to put the hatching tank. :mellow:

Damn flu has slowed me down.

Shiny eyes! Are these guys going to wait a full 7 days (Thursday) before hatching??

Are you planning on pulling the pot or scooping the first hatch?

You could always start shuting off the pumps and lights on night 6 and observe - if they don't hatch after a few hours, nothing lost - try it again the next night. I've had hatches go shorter or longer depending on temps.

If they do go 7 days.. I'd pull the pot that evening. I've heard some guys pull the pot, tint and feed the rots and come back in the morning. I've had more luck leaving it dark and not tinting the water until morning after they hatch. Unless I scoop the fry over - then it doesn't matter, they seem to do just as well if I feed right away.

Are you planning on pulling the pot or scooping the first hatch?

You could always start shuting off the pumps and lights on night 6 and observe - if they don't hatch after a few hours, nothing lost - try it again the next night. I've had hatches go shorter or longer depending on temps.

If they do go 7 days.. I'd pull the pot that evening. I've heard some guys pull the pot, tint and feed the rots and come back in the morning. I've had more luck leaving it dark and not tinting the water until morning after they hatch. Unless I scoop the fry over - then it doesn't matter, they seem to do just as well if I feed right away.

I definitely plan on pulling the pot. Staying up late at night to scoop them out little at a time... noooo thank you. :P

And ya, I won't add the rots and tint the water until after they hatch, no need to dirty the water when they can use their yolk easily for the first few hours.

I'm so excited!! :D

OH GOD CREEPY. IT'S LIKE THOSE PAINTINGS WHERE THE EYES FOLLOW YOU.

:lol: True, but you shouldn't talk about my babies like that. :(

Archived