Top Shelf Aquatics

Wilioli's 10g Wet Dream

Wilioli

sounds like too much. either feed half a cube or feed every other day. I feed mine only 3 times a week now...seems to work. they dont waste food anymore :lol:

yea.. sounds good... say i start this feeding every other day today.. so im not feeding them tomorrow.. is that going to cause a lot of stress for them? i mean ive only had them for .. 5 days now..

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for starters feed half a cube. then after a while get them eating every other day. thats how i did it. I fed them everyday for 2 months and they seemed fine in this transition. feeding them well at the start will ensure that they get a good head start in your tank :)

there's always a weirdo in the crowd :huh:

u guys sure i can't a greenbanded goby in the tank? like for sure for sure???

there's always a weirdo in the crowd :huh:

thanks giga! :lol:

lol

yes with two clowns any large goby wouldnt do. i wouldnt even put a clown goby in here now.

I do like your clowns, they are quality. one of mine has a stubby face lol but yours look normal.

lol

yes with two clowns any large goby wouldnt do. i wouldnt even put a clown goby in here now.

I do like your clowns, they are quality. one of mine has a stubby face lol but yours look normal.

but clown goby's grow to 2 inches.. greenbanded ones are max 1".... does that matter? PLEEASE! lol

thanks -- the clowns are really cool now.. developed personalities for my tank.. just them.. no one else's clowns have personalities.. LOL.. but yea, they love to swim against the current and take turns.. cept the alpha gets pissed if 'she' don't get more time, and then the little one starts shivering around it humping it and stuff.. bein all sorry... they're constantly poppin their heads out of the water lookin.. for.. FOOD!

it seems that sometime down the line im going to have to get a new 10g tank. I was thinking of gettin a 15 cause the price was relatively the same.. then i see that if i pay bout 10 bucks more.. I can get a 20. Anyways, my question is -- according to igreen's nano fish guide -- a 20g can hold 3-5 fish. The average fish on his list grows to be 4 inches... 3 fish x 4 =12 inches. The rule of an inch of fish per 3 gallons for marine tanks equates roughly 7 inches of fish to be allowed in a 20? what are all your opinions on that?

Inches of fish is an outdated measurement, and is actually a pretty terrible rule of thumb. If you over feed, or have sloppy fish and an inadequate cleanup crew, 1 clown fish could be too much bioload. Good husbandry can overcome most problems in the tank. I'd think that you would be alright with 1 GBG if you really wanted to and were diligent about water changes etc.

Inches of fish is an outdated measurement, and is actually a pretty terrible rule of thumb. If you over feed, or have sloppy fish and an inadequate cleanup crew, 1 clown fish could be too much bioload. Good husbandry can overcome most problems in the tank. I'd think that you would be alright with 1 GBG if you really wanted to and were diligent about water changes etc.

cool, thanks... and with regard to the 20.. whats ur opinion on load on a tank of that size? a 20 long..

i think it was the other way around. green banded are larger than the tiny clown gobies. the citroen clown goby doesnt count.

hmm ill look into that

so here it is -- the zoas were all closed up and in an hour or so opened up like that.. 40 bucks.... -- no name, if there's any pro's here, let me know if there's a specific name.. i got the chunkier looking one seein that they were all a flat price... only problem is it doesnt look that great on my live rock.. i cant get a fts yet cause my camera isn't the greatest, and the daylight in the room is making all sorts of reflections lol.. this was the best i could do for now:

zoasd33.jpg

edit: might be gorilla nipples....

So here's the fts.. I really need to find a better camera, its tough taking pictures without making everything look so dull, and NOT cause a total whiteout in the sand.. I swear it looks better (colorwise), but I'm also sure i wouldn't have these pic quality problems if i had lets say... MH's blasting the tank... but... meh

day33b.jpg

got a snail with the coral too.. cant find it now.. but its massive.. thinkin turbo snail? i dunno, ill put up a pic for id... anyone know the name of the coral tho? i mean besides gorilla nipples? lol

could be eye of rah or blowpops idk they havent completely colored up yet as people call it. im am sure they will change color to suit your lights so judge them in a few months when they do that.

some people prefer reef tanks.. i like diatom tanks.... :D

day30.jpg

I almost spit out my beer lol.

I took a break for a few days and I'm seeing a rocking tank! looking good man. Also get the 20 long, those tanks are awesome. I have 3 I like em so much lol.

I almost spit out my beer lol.

I took a break for a few days and I'm seeing a rocking tank! looking good man. Also get the 20 long, those tanks are awesome. I have 3 I like em so much lol.

thanks dude! Good to see you back -- if you miss them so much get some more! lol

yea man im basically convinced for the 20 long... ive been looking up stocking ideas for it, and im pumped... leaning towards the 2 clowns i got now, 1 goby, and either 3 firefish, or 1 gramma and another goby/dotty -- so basically im leaning towards a combination of 2 to the power of n.. lol

my only problem is lighting.. i dont have the dough for something gagnsta.. so was thinkin if its the same to buy a real cheap fixture, and then just buy some nice bulbs for it? or if there's something that does what i just said?

thanks dude! Good to see you back -- if you miss them so much get some more! lol

yea man im basically convinced for the 20 long... ive been looking up stocking ideas for it, and im pumped... leaning towards the 2 clowns i got now, 1 goby, and either 3 firefish, or 1 gramma and another goby/dotty -- so basically im leaning towards a combination of 2 to the power of n.. lol

my only problem is lighting.. i dont have the dough for something gagnsta.. so was thinkin if its the same to buy a real cheap fixture, and then just buy some nice bulbs for it? or if there's something that does what i just said?

If i was getting a fixture knowing what i know now. I'd go to HD or an electrical supply store and get a cheapo t5 fixture or a ballast and endcaps. you'll need some basic electrical knowlege, but i'd make my own and buy good reflectors and good bulbs. for a fan i'd use a computer fan. Its not all that hard. I was planning on doing that for a frag tank. I would have only cost like 50$ to make a 6 bulb t5 fixture (minus the reflectors, those are pricey but you want good ones. they're worth it.)

If i was getting a fixture knowing what i know now. I'd go to HD or an electrical supply store and get a cheapo t5 fixture or a ballast and endcaps. you'll need some basic electrical knowlege, but i'd make my own and buy good reflectors and good bulbs. for a fan i'd use a computer fan. Its not all that hard. I was planning on doing that for a frag tank. I would have only cost like 50$ to make a 6 bulb t5 fixture (minus the reflectors, those are pricey but you want good ones. they're worth it.)

wow so thats possible then.. for someone like me with no electrical knowledge.. get a cheapo fixture, and get some nice bulbs... hmmm.. thanks for the motivation to f the system..

Archived