inTank Media Baskets

Wilioli's 10g Wet Dream

Wilioli

go to the first post and hit edit. then hit full edit.

ahhh... i was doin full edit for all other posts.. lol

dang dude ur fast with the responses... well past everyone's bed time too... i just noticed ur second quote on ur signature. lloll..

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:D

Well. Physics keeps me up at night, and I usually end up procrastinating on here.

ps- that was just good timing.

procrastinating and physics.. u really are the rebel! scoped out the lfs today.. those dudes are runnin away from me everytime i go in there now...checked out the clowns... countdown begins... couple more patient days and they will be mine...

procrastinating and physics.. u really are the rebel! scoped out the lfs today.. those dudes are runnin away from me everytime i go in there now...checked out the clowns... countdown begins... couple more patient days and they will be mine...

rofl. nice! the thing is to find the chill guy that works there and just go to him every time. or find the dumbest guy/girl there and try to buy coral beauties for $4.99 :haha:

oh and nah, if i was a rebel, I wouldnt be doing my physics work lol.

15 min bag acclimation complete.. now drop acclimating these clowns... they're freakin me out.. i got the tub on an able, yet they keep tryin to swim up to the shallow end, and .... im havin palpitations everytime!

15 min bag acclimation complete.. now drop acclimating these clowns... they're freakin me out.. i got the tub on an able, yet they keep tryin to swim up to the shallow end, and .... im havin palpitations everytime!

lol dont worry clowns are dumb but tough. one of mine swallowed an air bubble today after I fed them and i thought it had a swim bladder infection. I was freaking out. and I had an interview to go to, so I was even more on edge. went to the interview, came back and he was better. dumb little ####er.

lol dont worry clowns are dumb but tough. one of mine swallowed an air bubble today after I fed them and i thought it had a swim bladder infection. I was freaking out. and I had an interview to go to, so I was even more on edge. went to the interview, came back and he was better. dumb little ####er.

impeccable timing as always.. lol -- good, as long as they're tough, then i feel no guilt from the abuse.. lol... -- im gonna use this time to study.. or try to... an hour enough for acclimating?

impeccable timing as always.. lol -- good, as long as they're tough, then i feel no guilt from the abuse.. lol... -- im gonna use this time to study.. or try to... an hour enough for acclimating?

plenty imo. good luck studying, if you can.....

it's like the fish are havin a hard time swimming against the current of the maxijet.. so avoid that area... and thats like an awkward slice of the aquarium they can't go to... am i tiring them out?! lol this is gettin addicting... its like i want MORE now.. lol...

anyone reading this know anything about marine fusion food? the lfs dude told me to use a cube once every other day, and that because its full of assorted foods i wont have to use other food types for the fish... I see there are 442 views here. prolly cause of the name of the tank... if no one responds then u put the added weight and pressure on mark and newman .. !!

havent used that food type but it sounds like a decent idea to try when you have plenty of livestock in there that can take advantage of the different types of food. i'd just feed the clowns their staple diet for now. dont be alarmed if they don't take any food for the first few days, mine didnt eat for 3 days i believe.

lol wet dream, i wouldnt even have thought of that pun xD

havent used that food type but it sounds like a decent idea to try when you have plenty of livestock in there that can take advantage of the different types of food. i'd just feed the clowns their staple diet for now. dont be alarmed if they don't take any food for the first few days, mine didnt eat for 3 days i believe.

lol wet dream, i wouldnt even have thought of that pun xD

yea they're wierding me out.. lol.. wtv, i stopped sittin in front of the aquarium staring... -- im paranoid to find one of them floating in the morning..

yea i felt the name was 'original' lol

yeah, thats probably the reason for all the hits. newman and I just keep it on top.

damn straight -- keep it up boys.. newman knows my obsession with the views/hits.. im... obsessed... lol lol

lol

too much lolling. how are they doing?

'hehe' -- how bout that..? :D

They are doing amazing actually... u were right as usual newmanology -- they are swimming gracefully -- its like the powerhead switched off.. .i actually checked to see if it was working or not... i just feel guilty -- when i put food in the tank i expect it to float in one spot on the top.. like a goldfish bowl.. thats the only type of fish ive ever 'owned' -- anyways, the food blasts all over the tank cause of the current, and they start chasing after like, buggin out and goin buckwild.. I feel guilty cause its like im making them work for their food.. lol.. -- yes i know its fine and dandy, just sayin! Im waitin to post up pics.. ive fixed the water level (haha) and the backgrounds next, -- then ill try posting a pic. tank looks so much better just cause of the addition of the fish. they're pretty small, but i can already tell that a 10 gallon is not enuff for em...

its normally not enough. at 3" each they will benefit from a bigger tank in a few years.

for the first few days, when I fed mine i'd turn off all flow just to get them used to it. after a while they were able to chase down and get their food. now i can feed them w/o turning anything off. this way some food even gets to the corals sometimes. but clowns can get fast in catching their food, and they do go nuts xD

got some pics up in my 10 gal thread, if you feel like checkin

yea i guess im lucky -- they've totally adapted to the tank -- as in they're eating.. a lot.. and chasing the food and getting it all.. -- i sat thru it for 15 minutes.. giving a little at a time making sure all was well -- but the flow cut off is a good idea for corals when i get to that stage.. will keep that in mind

arite mark.. or anyone else -- lol

my clownfish are goin nuts .. swimming up and down.. up and down.. the one looks like its tryin to get outta the tank, adn then back to up and down up and down.. ive read that when a fish is diong this they're bout to die? the other clown just seems to be freakin out and mimicking the one thats goin up and down cause.. well i think he's the stupid one... so.. yea... they gonna die?!

no lol, new tank anxiety (i call it that). they'll get used to the tank. as time goes on they will grow more comfortable. Mine from time to time still look at their reflections in the glass and sometimes try to attack them, or sometimes they do want to swim out into what beyond the tank - some green carpet and a large sofa. they aim at the sofa most of the time...good thing I keep the tank covered, even if it does sacrifice some lighting intensity from my fixture.

haha, dont forget about Mark as well :P

I would somehow move those shells somewhere in the tank, they kinda look distracting. how do you feel about them?

I am also trying to figure out what coral would looks best in this tank - you need something to cover up that powerhead...

no lol, new tank anxiety (i call it that). they'll get used to the tank. as time goes on they will grow more comfortable. Mine from time to time still look at their reflections in the glass and sometimes try to attack them, or sometimes they do want to swim out into what beyond the tank - some green carpet and a large sofa. they aim at the sofa most of the time...good thing I keep the tank covered, even if it does sacrifice some lighting intensity from my fixture.

haha, dont forget about Mark as well :P

I would somehow move those shells somewhere in the tank, they kinda look distracting. how do you feel about them?

I am also trying to figure out what coral would looks best in this tank - you need something to cover up that powerhead...

:D lol.

I'm with you, newman on the shells, but its all about preference in the end.

nah dudes, i hate the shells.. u have no idea.. i never wanted them there.. i mean hermit crabs were the first things i got, so i read up on them... and then i started to see if they dont have shells to move into, they SUFFER.. lol, so i bought a ton of shells... -- that one massive shell.... im tryin to negotiate outta that one.. my wife got that shell a looong time ago, and that was her addition to the tank -- MUST GO.. lol

right, and cover up the powerhead? IS THAT POSSIBLE? lol, remember i was complainin bout that.. the powerhead looks like its takin up waay to much space...

right, and about the new tank anxiety -- the bigger one hates the reflection... gunning towards it at all times.. the smaller and dumber one im pretty sure is in love with its reflection... and im pretty sure see's through it and watches me... im pretty sure its got a NECK, and just moves its head... watching... me....

blickwyat.jpg

bw2.jpg

check em out.. the little one that doesn't have the darker borders is the dummy.. but he's gonna be the one that becomes the survivor.. i just know..

Arite mark, newman, anyone? :D

Im having this sand discoloration. Read through the forums, looked at pics, and see that everyone is saying its a fairly normal part of your initial few months of cycling/establishing tank. But now, pretty much over night, the color got so much darker, its not looking like the pics ive been seeing on forums, and it just looks.. bad! that side of the aquarium gets the main window of the house -- wondering if there's an association and if i should cover that side with background paper? anyways, there's bubbles on it, that i read is a good 'sign'... blah.. here's a pic: what do u guys think?

day27sandcolor.jpg

if bubbles then its algae, likely cyano. welcome to the wonderful world of owning this very exciting type of algae.

The smaller clown might become a male but dont be surprised if the two duke it out to see who's superior from time to time.

lol yes fish can turn their heads left and right to some degree.

Archived