SaltCritters.com

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

Looks a heck of alot better now to me ;)

Radion LEDs

w9vhvd.jpg

Giesemann MH/T5

Vz9zW.jpg

Seriously med the tank looks incredible...I remember when you first started this build and i couldnt wait to see how it would look once the coral grew in.Now its reached that point and i have to say it looks better even better than i imagined. Amazing job man

by fly out, you mean "kidnap" lol.

Ha!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to add that when you are taking pics of ervery individual coral, can you also get a right and left side shot???? I love my tank and scape, but now I'm thinking of tearing it all down and making an exact replica of your tank. Minus the three or four light trials.

sorry, sorry, sorry. I meant to reply sooner but I got caught up in way too much work!

Looks a heck of alot better now to me ;)

Radion LEDs

w9vhvd.jpg

Giesemann MH/T5

Vz9zW.jpg

Seriously med the tank looks incredible...I remember when you first started this build and i couldnt wait to see how it would look once the coral grew in.Now its reached that point and i have to say it looks better even better than i imagined. Amazing job man

Ha!

A billion times thanks!

My LFS has an 800 gallon lit by 12 radions on one side and 2800 watts of radiums on the other. The Radion side is growing well, but the color looks better on the radium side.

http://www.vividaquariums.com/aquariumLightExperiment.asp

Looking great!

Thank you Criley!

I forgot to add that when you are taking pics of ervery individual coral, can you also get a right and left side shot???? I love my tank and scape, but now I'm thinking of tearing it all down and making an exact replica of your tank. Minus the three or four light trials.

lol. I will take some side shots. I originally had the SPS sticking out at the same angles the rocks made. I realized that I'd only get to see the underside (read ugly parts) of the sps. I took them off and mounted them as perpendicular as possible. I still capture the less colorful parts with my camera being lower, but it was a better compromise. The coral arrangement looks less natural from the sides as I don't have SPS on the back two pillars pointing towards the wall. This makes the back of the scape look flat. Also, the corals sticking out at right angles will look better once they grow out and/or table.

I'll take the bird and ponape! Here's a dress for you:

IMG_3890.JPG

:flower:

ha ha. beautiful dress. That bribe might work with HD.

I picked up 8 different aussie acans. My acan garden is back in bidness!

Let us see them Acan buddy! Guess what time is it. No i did not pick up the 60g Solana like yours but i made my first step on a 40B. It is in the werks!

Thank you for pointing out the differences between Leds and MH/T5. I almost picked up a Giesemann MH/T5 24" 250w for 165.00 but sadly i didn't because it was a use one and the seller never responsed back.

Let us see them Acan buddy! Guess what time is it. No i did not pick up the 60g Solana like yours but i made my first step on a 40B. It is in the werks!

Thank you for pointing out the differences between Leds and MH/T5. I almost picked up a Giesemann MH/T5 24" 250w for 165.00 but sadly i didn't because it was a use one and the seller never responsed back.

Awesome! but you should take it back and get a cube. KIDDING! That price sounds too good to be true. You may have avoided a scam.

ha ha. beautiful dress. That bribe might work with HD.

Ha, I can't think of a single reason I would want to bribe his highness. Especially with a TCU dress.

Sorry to hear about the LFS that stiffed you.

Ha, I can't think of a single reason I would want to bribe his highness. Especially with a TCU dress.

Sorry to hear about the LFS that stiffed you.

you're so sweet. HD would appreciate any dress he could get. The LFS thing sucks... but oh well :-(

You are getting some great colors Med! Are you going to MAX?

Thanks SoCal. I didn't even know MAX was this weekend. Are you going?

Thanks SoCal. I didn't even know MAX was this weekend. Are you going?

Na, I was just down in LA last weekend at Vivid. Can't swing another trip.

It's hard to believe those were all 1/2 inch Mr. Coral frags! :lol:

I think only the SPS on top of the spires, some of the zoas, and the sun corals are from the mr. coral order. I gave away most of the zoas and all of the acans passed. Oh... I have a few nice chalices and favias from mr. coral as well.

Na, I was just down in LA last weekend at Vivid. Can't swing another trip.

boooo

Deleted User 4

dude you going to MAX tmr? I'm going and it's my 1st time going to a event like this, if you happen to see me there tmr (the pic you see on the left is me), say hi im med, and I'll be glad to have a nano reef convo with you because your tank is just amazing lol, big fan of your tank lol

Sweet tank dude! I have a question: Do you have something against putting corals on the sand bed? Because it looks like youre running out of space on the rocks, and in every fts, the sandbed has nothing on it.

Sweet tank dude! I have a question: Do you have something against putting corals on the sand bed? Because it looks like youre running out of space on the rocks, and in every fts, the sandbed has nothing on it.

Hi NanoCuber1! Thanks for the checking out my tank and the compliment! I've seen plenty of tanks that execute having corals on the sand bed. I prefer to keep the sand bed clean. I did add a plate, but I'm going to have to pass him on. My BSJ keeps dragging him to the entrance to his hole and then burying him in sand. It's also hard for me to not irritate corals on the sand bed. I use my magfloat below the sand line which moves a lot of sand around. I still have a lot more room on the rocks from the left and right viewing angles, but I'm definitely running out of space for SPS.

Deleted User 4
dude you going to MAX tmr? I'm going and it's my 1st time going to a event like this, if you happen to see me there tmr (the pic you see on the left is me), say hi im med, and I'll be glad to have a nano reef convo with you because your tank is just amazing lol, big fan of your tank lol

ah i see, well maybe we'll get to meet at rap this october ;) , heading over to max now!!

ah i see, well maybe we'll get to meet at rap this october ;) , heading over to max now!!

Drive safely! and pick up some sweet stuff!

Archived