Coral Vue Hydros

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

I used to live in Portland, OR and was often in Seattle. I'm said to say I never drove the 2 hours up to Canada. That's my biggest regret from living in the Northwest.

I took this out of Hype's thread so I didn't hijack it so much.

Are there any good coral stores in Seattle that might be worth a visit if I ever found myself down there for a weekend? Not sure on policies of bringing corals across the border though..

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took this out of Hype's thread so I didn't hijack it so much.

Are there any good coral stores in Seattle that might be worth a visit if I ever found myself down there for a weekend? Not sure on policies of bringing corals across the border though..

I never went to any stores in Seattle. I had a really good LFS that ordered me everything until they decided to screw me when I moved.

animalmaster6

My gosh I've said this like 20 times but this tank is sooooo awesome omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

I love the branching goni. Very cool!

I never went to any stores in Seattle. I had a really good LFS that ordered me everything until they decided to screw me when I moved.

Hmm that's lame! How did they screw you over?

My gosh I've said this like 20 times but this tank is sooooo awesome omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

I love the branching goni. Very cool!

Thanks animal! I wish they came in other colors. I really like how "fluffy" they are.

Hmm that's lame! How did they screw you over?

I recently posted this on PNWMAS.org. No one has responded yet.

I haven't been around in awhile. I moved to California in 2010, so I've shacked up with the clubs down here. I never told anyone my really bad experience with Davy Jones locker. I guess it doesn't matter now, as I'm not sure if they even still exist.

I used to do all of my business with DJL. I bought practically everything from them, and they would special order things for me. When the store ended up being just Dave, I still made them my primary store. In December of 2009 I had very short notice that I would need to move to California. I didn't have time to sell of all of the stuff from my tanks (I had 9 FW and SW tanks). So I had to scramble to make arrangements. Dave agreed to buy everything from my tank (Live Rock, Fish, Corals, Inverts) for $500 with the possibility of more if things sold for more. If you remember my build thread, I had a lot of nice ORA pieces, dendros, ricordeas, ORA clowns, etc. $500 was under valued by a lot, but I didn't have many options.

The catch was that he would send me a check for the +$500 in 2 months time after I moved. The move came and went and 2 months later I tried to contact Dave. Calls and emails went unanswered. I called Doug and told him that I was going to post on the board about it if Dave wasn't willing to contact me. I guess Doug was able to get in contact with Dave as I finally received a call from Dave. He told me he'd fallen on hard times, but promised to pay me. He asked if I'd accept installments starting with the following week. I said ok.

Needless to say it's been 2 years since I moved and I've never seen a penny. It's really sad with how much money I spent with Dave and to be taken advantage of. I was one of his best customers and ended up being lied to and having my stuff stolen from me. I thought I'd finally get this off of my chest.

Omg med. I feel your pain and pocket values. That's person need to keep his words as a man and do whatever it takes toward his customer, VIP customer.

Omg med. I feel your pain and pocket values. That's person need to keep his words as a man and do whatever it takes toward his customer, VIP customer.

I agree. The principle of the matter was more of an issue than the actual money. I don't think the store exists anymore. They were really good to me, but I did spend a LOT of money at that store. The night I brought everything to them, I filled up all of their holding tanks with floating bags (they were a small store).

The new FTS is very nice MR. I'd love to see your tank one day. BTW, do you have or need Ponape Birdsnest?

Sure, Joe Dirt! Weekends work best. and thank you very much! I will actually be getting rid of my Ponape Birdsnest. It's beautiful, but it's grown so big (along with my green birdsnest), it's taking up too much real estate.

Sure, Joe Dirt! Weekends work best. and thank you very much! I will actually be getting rid of my Ponape Birdsnest. It's beautiful, but it's grown so big (along with my green birdsnest), it's taking up too much real estate.

Yeah, mine is growing like a week too. It'll be a good piece for fragging and trading. I'll hit you up one of these Sundays when I head down to Vivid for RO water.

Yeah, mine is growing like a week too. It'll be a good piece for fragging and trading. I'll hit you up one of these Sundays when I head down to Vivid for RO water.

Sounds good!

Wow that sucks about that LFS... I would be so choked!

I know, but I really don't have any recourse :-(

daym my jaw just drop when i scroll down the screen to look at your FTS. I love this tank!

Bout to start my new project soon, finally moved and settle! it's time to start research and save! lol

Mann, so it was the new lights that brought back the color? :huh:

had an alk swing that the sps didn't like. They do love the new lights though.

daym my jaw just drop when i scroll down the screen to look at your FTS. I love this tank!

Bout to start my new project soon, finally moved and settle! it's time to start research and save! lol

Thanks D! I can't wait to see what awesome scape you come up with. You're one of the best!

nice job on that picture btw

Thank you. I thought it was a bad picture... lol. I don't even want to update the first page with it.

Lookin good!

Thank you!

Holy sheeet! You truly have one of the most beautiful nanos I've ever seen. The rock structure, the clean look, placement and selection of corals are perfect. This is the type of look I'm going for.

I'd love a close up pic of every coral in your tank!

Holy sheeet! You truly have one of the most beautiful nanos I've ever seen. The rock structure, the clean look, placement and selection of corals are perfect. This is the type of look I'm going for.

I'd love a close up pic of every coral in your tank!

aww... thanks spiro! I'm going to have a friend give me camera lessons soon so that I can take some better pictures.

teamschreiba

Wow, really looking great Med! That was a really fast recovery from the alk swing too. Some of my corals seemed to take a month or more to recover.

aww... thanks spiro! I'm going to have a friend give me camera lessons soon so that I can take some better pictures.

Camera lessons? What a bunch of BS. Just fly out Rehype or Tron to your house.

Wow, really looking great Med! That was a really fast recovery from the alk swing too. Some of my corals seemed to take a month or more to recover.

Thanks schreiba! My first alk swing took forever for the recovery. I was bummed, but all seems well now.

Camera lessons? What a bunch of BS. Just fly out Rehype or Tron to your house.

by fly out, you mean "kidnap" lol.

Archived