ReefCleaners.org

Pyronus' SPS 20H

pyronus

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The before and after on that acro is nice. Things might be turning around. I too enjoyed the FTS. More pics!

Thanks! At least that acro is growing anyways.

I get some more pics this week.

I'm considering switching to Red Sea Coral Pro salt. Lots of people are getting good results with it and I'm just not seeing the kind of colors I see in other peoples tanks. I don't want to have to dose too many things either, otherwise the maintenance routine just gets too long and complex and becomes tedious.

Thanks! At least that acro is growing anyways.

I get some more pics this week.

I'm considering switching to Red Sea Coral Pro salt. Lots of people are getting good results with it and I'm just not seeing the kind of colors I see in other peoples tanks. I don't want to have to dose too many things either, otherwise the maintenance routine just gets too long and complex and becomes tedious.

I switched a while ago and am much happier with it than RC that I was using before

FWIW

Guess I need to jump on the wagon and get some Red Sea Coral Pro when I finish off the rest of my Reef Crystals. I was religiously using DDH2Ocean with my 20H and obviously had good results but I haven't been all that blown away with Reef Crystals this time (used to use it with my 55g a long time ago). I'm with you, I'd rather use a salt that has slightly elevated params and minimize dosing.

I don't know if I'm mixing wrong, or what. But, having the salt with the higher levels helps me out, because I notoriously have the precipitation in my mixing bucket when I'm done. I think RSCP is supposed to be 12dKH and I end up with 10. Calcium is always high, around 480. Haven't checked the Mg.

I don't know if I'm mixing wrong, or what. But, having the salt with the higher levels helps me out, because I notoriously have the precipitation in my mixing bucket when I'm done. I think RSCP is supposed to be 12dKH and I end up with 10. Calcium is always high, around 480. Haven't checked the Mg.

What precipitation do you have gena and can you post a picture of it so we can see what you are referring to.

I use the same salt and after letting the prepared new saltwater stand for 12 or more hours I do not see any precipitate in the bucket in which I prepare it. just wondering ....

Wierd, that happened to me with the first few batches. The buckets and pumps were covered. But now everything is clear after mixing. I'm sure you do but make sure you add the salt to the water and leave the pump running for at least 24 hours.

Wierd, that happened to me with the first few batches. The buckets and pumps were covered. But now everything is clear after mixing. I'm sure you do but make sure you add the salt to the water and leave the pump running for at least 24 hours.

Could it have to do with the quality and purity of the RO/DI that you use versus what Gena uses ?

Could it have to do with the quality and purity of the RO/DI that you use versus what Gena uses ?

I don't think so, Gena uses RODI and it only happened the first few batches.

I don't think so, Gena uses RODI and it only happened the first few batches.

I agree but the quality of yours and hers could be different .. just saying ... maybe not but then it could be or have been ... just a thought ...

What precipitation do you have gena and can you post a picture of it so we can see what you are referring to.

I use the same salt and after letting the prepared new saltwater stand for 12 or more hours I do not see any precipitate in the bucket in which I prepare it. just wondering ....

It's just the typical white on the bottom of the bucket, and on the heater, pump. I can't get a photo because I just cleaned it out last week. I didn't get any residue when I mixed water this week.

It's just the typical white on the bottom of the bucket, and on the heater, pump. I can't get a photo because I just cleaned it out last week. I didn't get any residue when I mixed water this week.

I see, I do get some build up inside my bucket so I clean it every time I have to use it. In fact I posted what amount of "yukky" stuff I got out of mine this morning on my thread and you can see it at (it looks pretty nasty really but it is mostly like slimy material that seems to adhere to the side of an old Instant Ocean salt bucket:

Check it here, it's the last picture :

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=4044836

Glad you are not getting it anymore then

Been MIA for a few days, I wont be stocking anything else in my tank for a while. I just got word that the facility where I work is closing, they gave us the New York State 90 day notice. So I basically have 90 days to find a new job. I cant really go into details but I am pretty much open to moving anywhere, so if anyone is an Engineering professional or wants to connect on LinkedIn or any other way, shoot me a PM.

As for real tank news, it's cruising along things are growing decently. I'll probably get some fish back in there this month because its not much of a fish tank without fish, and I am getting paid until the end of the year :P

-Tim

Been MIA for a few days, I wont be stocking anything else in my tank for a while. I just got word that the facility where I work is closing, they gave us the New York State 90 day notice. So I basically have 90 days to find a new job. I cant really go into details but I am pretty much open to moving anywhere, so if anyone is an Engineering professional or wants to connect on LinkedIn or any other way, shoot me a PM.

As for real tank news, it's cruising along things are growing decently. I'll probably get some fish back in there this month because its not much of a fish tank without fish, and I am getting paid until the end of the year :P

-Tim

Sorry to read it Tim and I hope you find a new job real soon ... I know how tough the market is but in specialized areas such as yours the opportunities may very well be there. Best of luck in your searches.

Albert

-Tim

Linked in is the way to go. Good luck finding a new job.

Looselyhuman

I think you mentioned previously that you were a programmer? (Electrical/mechanical) engineer first, prgorammer second? Or software engineer? If the latter let me know - I'll PM you my email address and you can send your resume. May have a telecommute opprtunity for you.

Sorry to read it Tim and I hope you find a new job real soon ... I know how tough the market is but in specialized areas such as yours the opportunities may very well be there. Best of luck in your searches.

Albert

:mellow:

I cant really go into details but I am pretty much open to moving anywhere

-Tim

Even California???? ;)

But seriously...sorry to hear about the job. Thank goodness you at least have 90 days!!!!! I'm sending new and better job vibes your way :)

Even California???? ;)

But seriously...sorry to hear about the job. Thank goodness you at least have 90 days!!!!! I'm sending new and better job vibes your way :)

Heh, sure I'd move to Cali, but it would have to be for a hella raise :D

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'm sure things will work out. I was job hunting for a while before this happened but not too seriously. It was time for a change, now I just have no choice. :mellow:

Oh crap! Just saw this. Easy for me to say, but sometimes things like this just open up a better door that you never would have found otherwise. Hang in there bro!

Archived