inTank Media Baskets

Pyronus' SPS 20H

pyronus

Well, that's disappointing. My imagination had it being a way cooler LFS than you described :D

Back when VHOs and MH were the only ways to light a reef, and anything smaller than 55 gallons was considered nano, CF was the shiz. They are coming back though, starting to convert to LED and stuff. Their coral selection is not great, but they have the best fish in the area.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I KNEW it :slap: Shame on you guys...dashing my dreams :lol: I don't want SPS anyways :P

Not yet, but the seed is planted. You'll be dreaming of lifeless looking colored sticks any night now. The power of the dark side is strong. :P

Re: clams, Zeph was talking about bullet-proof ORA derasas in Kat's thread earlier....

Also was Roch born and raised. Chili (for those reading this chy lye) Left to the west coast for my bach and then U of R for my Dr.(Ph.D) I'm down in Gainesville now even though I'm a FSU fan( long story and college football reference for those who are lost)

I don't remember ABC aquarium. I imagine it is east side, as is most stuff. I really hope the LFS stores have picked it up from when I was there. Surprisingly the stores here suck. I am all about the interwebs.

I wish I could fast forward 6 months to see how all this epicness turned out. :D

Me too, hopefully it stays on track.

Is your clam really that color in person??? WOW.

Yea, thats pretty much exactly how it looks, except the camera didn't pick up the blue on the edges of the mantle.

Lovely :happy:

BTW...your macros are on the way. You should have them Wednesday!!!!!!

<3 I cant wait. In your professional opinion, where the heck should I put them Ha!

<3 I cant wait. In your professional opinion, where the heck should I put them Ha!

If it were my tank, I'd put the red grape on the left rock back left side. The other, which I finally found the name of: HETEREOSIPHONA GIBESSII (or Flamingo Feather Algae) a little info. on it: http://live-plants.com/H.Gibessii.htm This one will be tough to place. It's VERY delicate. You will soon find out. I had to let it grow big on my powerhead before I was able to have enough of it to wedge in a rock. Good luck with that one :) I think I included a couple of pieces of that!!!!! It's a cool algae.

If it were my tank, I'd put the red grape on the left rock back left side. The other, which I finally found the name of: HETEREOSIPHONA GIBESSII (or Flamingo Feather Algae) a little info. on it: http://live-plants.com/H.Gibessii.htm This one will be tough to place. It's VERY delicate. You will soon find out. I had to let it grow big on my powerhead before I was able to have enough of it to wedge in a rock. Good luck with that one :) I think I included a couple of pieces of that!!!!! It's a cool algae.

Awesome, thanks for the info Gena. I'm not sure how it would do attached to my MP20, that thing runs up to 70% flow max and its quite the water storm in the tank, but the corals love it. I'll have to do some research today and figure out how to get it to attach to some substrate. Perhaps a rubber band will work.

Everything looks absolutely fantastic!! The rock on the right is really starting to turn into a fantastic SPS island.

Love that clam as well :wub:

Things are indeed coming together, and thanks to your photo help I think I took some of the best shots of the tank that I have ever taken so thank you!

Wow! that clam is so purdy :eek: I am mesmerized lol

Seriously, I couldn't resist it, I had them hold it for me at the LFS. Then I went back later in the afternoon and bought it.

The camera didn't pick up the blue around the mantle. The entire edge is blue, and there are blue spots around it as well. I'll have to try and photograph it tonight. It really is a beautiful clam, I was shocked to find it at this LFS, I have never seen anything like it there before.

Awesome, thanks for the info Gena. I'm not sure how it would do attached to my MP20, that thing runs up to 70% flow max and its quite the water storm in the tank, but the corals love it. I'll have to do some research today and figure out how to get it to attach to some substrate. Perhaps a rubber band will work.

It might work with a rubber band. The stems seem to be pretty tough. I had some attached to my mp10 and it was hanging right in there. I was so sure it was going to break apart.

Looking Good!! I'm interested to see how it looks with some macros.

Me too! Gena is too good to me. I'm going to try and get some Halimeda from the LFS too.

Crazy colors on the clam. Nice score!

Thanks! I want to try and get an ORA Deresa, or maybe we'll see what the LFS has next month.

:thumbs up:

Thanks skillzy. Too bad you didn't check the FF league, I should have been an easy win for ya this week. :D

Thanks skillzy. Too bad you didn't check the FF league, I should have been an easy win for ya this week. :D

Yeah, I forgot all about football trying to getting ready for/going on our camping trip to VIR for the American Le Mans Series race. I messed up one of my Pick 'Em leagues too. I made all of the picks but forgot to go back in and assign Confidence Points to each game. Oh well, Racing > Football!

Nice crocea clam, is it purple and white?? I've never seen that kind pattern in person haha.

The red planet looks striking.

Its purple gold and blue around the edge of the mantle, I had trouble getting the colors perfect. I'm going to try again tonight. That red planet is even better in person. I need to get some top down pictures but I'm afraid the T5s are going to be a problem.

I just noticed, it looks like you somehow mounted the Red Planet in an unused bulkhead? Or is that black circle something else?

Its a Hydor Koralia magnet

Archived