Cultivated Reef

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

I want a mandarin too, but I think I already have too many fish to add another that needs to be fed so often.

Mmm it might not be able to get enough food with the other fish :/

Looks like you need to set up another tank :P

Wow that's a lot of life!

I know right! It's awesome :)

The real question is, which one do you like better. I like the first one because of how there is more shadow hich gives the tank more personality; thing is though, the light might barely hit some of the organisms in the front.

Edited by SaltyFlip
I don't see any difference?

The first one is when the light it towards the back of the tank, the second is when the light is towards the front of the tank

The real question is, which one do you like better. I like the first one because of how there is more shadow hich gives the tank more personality; thing is though, the light might barely hit some of the organisms in the front.

Haha Idk, that's why I'm asking you guys. It's nice to have the light in the front (since most coral is in the front anyways) but then the back is in shadow :/

middle then? though you'd probably have to adjust a few things.

Lol It's been in the middle for a long time, but then it's shaded in the front and the back xD

2nd. Less glare

Well most of that "glare" you see in the first pic isn't really there, it's just my camera messing things up <_< Like the extremely white wall behind the tank, it's not that bright, and the white balance couldn't fix it

Yeah the new that I'm using camera can take some really awsome macros, but it still has a little trouble with creatures behind the glass. (it appears less clear)

Yeah the new that I'm using camera can take some really awsome macros, but it still has a little trouble with creatures behind the glass. (it appears less clear)

Is it trying to focus on stuff on the glass? Adjust the focus manually (if possible)

Quick comment, not going to be on probably for a while. Major crazy family thing going on. Hopefully I'll be able to log on soon, so for now (and hopefully not forever) bye.

>an argument the other day in my marine bio class, which I could hear from across the classroom

My (reefer) friend: See, I'm thoroughly, completely, addicted to fish.

Her friend: Noo, it's just a hobby

My friend: No way, it's a mental condition!

Me: True dat! *air hive five*

My friend then started talking about how much time she devoted to her fish tanks , how she even talked to her fish xD Then I realized I talk to my fish too...the other day I asked my YCG if he wanted a Kenya Tree home and later I told my mandarin he was pretty :lol:

Quick comment, not going to be on probably for a while. Major crazy family thing going on. Hopefully I'll be able to log on soon, so for now (and hopefully not forever) bye.

Aww sorry to hear that Kazooie, I got some family issues going on too, I hope everything works out :)

My friend then started talking about how much time she devoted to her fish tanks , how she even talked to her fish xD Then I realized I talk to my fish too...the other day I asked my YCG if he wanted a Kenya Tree home and later I told my mandarin he was pretty :lol:

Aww sorry to hear that Kazooie, I got some family issues going on too, I hope everything works out :)

i usually talk to the fish to apologise for not feeding them sooner :P

i have family issues too... :mellow:. i hope everything works out for everybody :)