SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

animalmaster6

Ahh why not B)

In all seriousness I think you could do it. Everyone is getting along and there are no cramping or aggression issues correct? If everyone is one happy family than go for it. +1 to what Bitts. I'm currently writing about the benefits macros have on a bioload.

Sometimes my blenny and clown will lock jaws, but it's only for a second and there is no damage done.

But befor I get any more fish I need:

-a reactor

-and money to buy them :P

nice macros. we should do a trade sometime. i live in the northbay lol ill give u some frags for macros. im tryin to get a diversity in my refugium. have u been to green marine in berkely?

nice macros. we should do a trade sometime. i live in the northbay lol ill give u some frags for macros. im tryin to get a diversity in my refugium. have u been to green marine in berkely?

Ahh, no, I haven't, I heard they have all aquacultured livestock? Although I might be thinking of another store

Anyways, sorry guys, this week was finals week, so of course I was pretty busy and wasn't able to get pics of the new sponge. But I did notice the pods. They're EVERYWHERE! Doesn't matter if the lights are on or not, they're still crawling around, and it turns out, eating my macros! :angry:

Earlier this week I noticed a little white dead patch on my mermaid's fan. I thought it was weird when there were about 5 pods crawling around the area, so I kept watch to see what would happen.

Today I checked on the spot again and it had gotten bigger, so I watched for a while and sure enough, the pods were eating it :rant: Then, I checked to see if anything else was being eaten, and the only other macro that they've also been munching on(at least that I can see) is the unidentified green "Hawaiian macro"

DSC04263.jpg

DSC04264.jpg

Here you can see where they've eaten

DSC04279.jpg

:angry:

DSC04280.jpg

Here's some munching on NLS pellets

Other than that, I noticed more cool little critters on the [dirty] glass :)

DSC04274.jpg

Pods & flatworms

DSC04273.jpg

DSC04283.jpg

DSC04281.jpg

Idk what these are

DSC04284.jpg

Idk what this is either

DSC04268.jpg

I found these neat worms on the glass too, it's cool cause you can see them eat algae with those like black "jaws" I almost took a vid to show you guys, but I always have issues with uploading vids to pb

DSC04270.jpg

DSC04271.jpg

DSC04277.jpg

See the jaws? It's pretty cool to watch them for a while :)

Oh, also, I still haven't put more sand in cause it's still drying. Taking forever! <_<

Yup, it's 100% aquacultured fish and corals. Theyre closing soon so i guess theres really good deals goin on. hahah

Cool :)

Aww they are? That's sad, many LFS are closing :( I would love to go but I don't think my parents would drive me all the way there just for a fish store xD

Also,

DSC04285.jpg

I wonder what that is :ninja:

Edited by yoshii
A Mandarin?

Nope, it's a tang :P

Haha yeah, I'm going to try to train him onto frozen, meanwhile, he can munch on the pods in the tank and I also dumped in some Tigger Pods for him

If I try hard to train him, and he just won't eat, then I'll take him back to my LFS

I'm uploading some pics now, but he's in one of those floating "breeder" um things and it's blurry so I can't get good pics :/

Also, he's eating frozen! Kinda. He'll eat frozen hikari mysis(it's smaller than PE mysis) but then he'll spit it back out. He's been doing this for a while now xD Maybe he's picky :lol:

Thanks, I love green & blue mandarins :wub: I think he's a green mandarin

Oh, I have a makeshift cover over the tank right now, until I can get some window clips & some clear screen to make a more legit cover :P