ReefCleaners.org

SPS thread

reef keeper

Likin' that red dragon reef keeper!

This has got to be the delicate acro out there. The branches are so thin, you'd think the fish would break them if they rubbed up against it!

I'll have to get an updated pic of mine and a myagi tort I got from John Copps.

Thanks ill try and get a better pic! very i frag a lil piece of and well it was really easy to frag! Sweet lets see em! :) ill get pics of most of sps started a new system so most are frags

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a nice piece of echinata I got about maybe 5 weeks ago. I took the photos exactly 4 weeks ago and for the past two weeks it's now develop a Ice & Fire like coloration with blue tips.

img7370cc.jpg

img7260cc.jpg

Finally ive had this piece forever and had no clue what it was, now i know its a echinata mines a deep purple with a bluish tint to it

• 2 months later...
thegambler26
Found this bad boy hanging out in one of my mille.

img7837cc.jpg

That's an awesome pic! Amazing blue eyes! Not photoshopped right?

You got to get that acro crab out of there. He will eat your entire acro then move to another and eat it. This is the pest variety of acro not the symbiotic one. The best way to get him out IMO is with a turkey baster, blow him out of there towards the sand and then get him on the sand. Easier said than done, it took me days to get all three I had in my acropora's. See picks I took:

Hairy with black claws = BAD

7073827459_75e160d9eb_z.jpg

I got him out after this, he had been chased into this acro by my attempts to get him out of another acro, he did this in a day or two.

6378836827_245db22f77_z.jpg

Here's my first sps ever.

Green Slimer with crappy phone camera

Photo1030.jpg

Photo1029.jpg

The bare skeleton was like that when I got it. Not really sure what I'm doing, but the polyps are out so I'm assuming I'm doing something right? Lol

It was a free frag so there wasn't much of a choice. Thought I would give it a try since I haven't had SPS before

How long would it take for an acro to regrow around the base? Given I've only had it for like a week or two. I think it was a fresh frag which could explain why the base is just skeleton.

Damn rehype thats some bada$ colonies!! It looks so clean!!!

Thanks alot man!

My Green Slimer isn't as dense with polyps as yours. Is that a problem or just the individual frag?

Its not a green slimer its an Acropora Abrolhosensis.

Archived