Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SPS thread

reef keeper

Here's my first sps ever.

Green Slimer with crappy phone camera

Photo1030.jpg

Photo1029.jpg

The bare skeleton was like that when I got it. Not really sure what I'm doing, but the polyps are out so I'm assuming I'm doing something right? Lol

It was a free frag so there wasn't much of a choice. Thought I would give it a try since I haven't had SPS before

I would watch the white bare skeleton and if it increases upwards, remove the frag and cut off the white portion to stop the spread. Could be STN or RTN depending on fast it gets white.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would watch the white bare skeleton and if it increases upwards, remove the frag and cut off the white portion to stop the spread. Could be STN or RTN depending on fast it gets white.

Haven't really seen it recede since I've had it. But I have been keeping a watch on it.

Fragged them! About 1/4"-1/2" pieces, and four in total.

They were producing a good amount of slime when I was handling them out of the water, and it has been about an hour after being fragged and glued to rubble, and polyps are out.

Is that a good sign?

reef keeper
Fragged them! About 1/4"-1/2" pieces, and four in total.

They were producing a good amount of slime when I was handling them out of the water, and it has been about an hour after being fragged and glued to rubble, and polyps are out.

Is that a good sign?

If the polyps are out sounds like they'll be fine

Wow, great stuff everyone!

Love those milles Jason. Reef keeper, you have some nice pieces also and that A. Hoeksemai is wicked Hype!

Hype, your SPS are looking pretty freaking awesome!

At what point should a tank begin to dose? I know that in small picos water changes does the trick, but I have a roughly 13 gallon tank.

I'm sure you've noticed I built my tank with yours as inspiration, not sure if I had given you credit anywhere or not

Hype, your SPS are looking pretty freaking awesome!

At what point should a tank begin to dose? I know that in small picos water changes does the trick, but I have a roughly 13 gallon tank.

I'm sure you've noticed I built my tank with yours as inspiration, not sure if I had given you credit anywhere or not

Thanks alot duoc im trying to keep them happy

Once your coral began absorbing Alk,Calcium and magnesium faster than you can replenish it with regular water changes. You should test your water every few days to determine the amount being used and then dose accordingly. However your system is very young and isnt filled with alk/cal consuming coral.Until then just stick with regular water changes and youll be fine.

Im glad my system could provide some ideas for your tank build.

Thanks!

I'd like to think of my tank as a small scale of yours! Lol

Thanks alot duoc im trying to keep them happy

Once your coral began absorbing Alk,Calcium and magnesium faster than you can replenish it with regular water changes. You should test your water every few days to determine the amount being used and then dose accordingly. However your system is very young and isnt filled with alk/cal consuming coral.Until then just stick with regular water changes and youll be fine.

Im glad my system could provide some ideas for your tank build.

Formula462

Crap cellphone pic. I don't know why I have not shot any of my SPS with my real camera. Just made a rack adjustment too.

photobucket-10991-1336316626049.jpg

buddythelion
Some more sps

7143250971_048667b29c_z.jpg

My God... what milli is this beauty?! Reminds me of a milli my friend told me called a Rough Milli.

My God... what milli is this beauty?! Reminds me of a milli my friend told me called a Rough Milli.

Its a pink milli

Awesomely stunning Rehype

Thanks alot NT

matt frizz
You dont think thats a nice photo?

.............yes i think it's "seriously" an amazing photo. How could that be sarcasm and how could that picture be any better?

Wow, looks like you're building up a nice collection Hype!

I got around to removing the crab on the mille, broke a 2" branch off in the process. :huh:

img7840cc.jpg

img7843cc.jpg

Archived