ReefCleaners.org

SPS thread

reef keeper

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta get the camera out soon...seems that the RTN bugaboo has gone to sleep....the tank is doing great and stuff is growing like weeds. I will post some new shots soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That red planet is awesome! Thanks to everyone that posted in this thread because you have inspired me to start an sps tank specs are 40 high 6-8 t5 high output bulbs so it's going to be branching sps top to mid with montis and mid down is chalices and sand is acans !

any id's on either? wild mini colonies i bought.

DSC01887-1.jpg

DSC01889-1.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

and another one. red planet in the front and another unknown wild in the back.

here's an fts to see everything in the tank. bad fts really but all i have atm. sps is a new direction for the tank and the rack in the lower left is temporary until my 12g is ready for corals.

DSC01880-1.jpg

Here's a couple shots (apologize for the pos camera)

post-51030-1290255022_thumb.jpg

ORA B.O.Paradise Nest. Growing like a weed. Very fast grower!

post-51030-1290255039_thumb.jpg

post-51030-1290255102_thumb.jpg

before I chopped up the ORA Roscoe's Blue Maybe 4 months ago ish.

post-51030-1290255343_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
squirrelieygrrrl

^nice!

DSC05096.jpg

a. horrida possibly a purple plasma

DSC05424.jpg

a. valida

DSC05447.jpg

a. awi (?)

DSC05254.jpg

and muh new fav a. millepora

spartanomega21

curly.jpg

any one ever see an acro that grows in a curly q pattern? the colors on that guy arent so awesome atm, but im sure it will color up in no time. :D

i had an acro just like this one. colors and same shape frag. got it at a swap as an unknown.. so not sure what it is either. never had too great of color for me either but did pass away after a while.

squirrelieygrrrl

bummer yours didnt make it, mine didnt continue that growth pattern. :(

DSC05310.jpg

here it is 11 months later. i keep hoping its gonna curl again, dosnt look like it though.

Here's a pic of an acro I've been looking for about a year. I got it a couple of weeks ago.

It's the Red Dragon and it has the most thin and delicate branches I've seen on an acro. New growth is a pearl blue and the polyps are white.

019lfx.jpg

• 2 months later...
Here's a pic of an acro I've been looking for about a year. I got it a couple of weeks ago.

It's the Red Dragon and it has the most thin and delicate branches I've seen on an acro. New growth is a pearl blue and the polyps are white.

019lfx.jpg

Get that thing in some higher flow and the branches should start thickening up a little bit. That is a sweet lookin sps!

019lfx.jpg

Had a large colony of this... RTN'd on me though.

Archived