inTank Media Baskets

SPS thread

reef keeper

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a purchase from mr coral a few years ago. It was called LSU monti.

OMG!! omgomgomg

You mean that bum that sells teeny tiny frags???

That guy?? :rolleyes:

BTW, great pics everyone. You all will have to excuse me while I get a towel to wipe the drool off my keyboard! ;)

SouthFlorida_Tron

How does everyone feel about T5s as far as sps goes.... Color and growth.....

I'm on the wagon on the upgrade....

1) Radion

2) ATI T5

3) new AI Vega (if more colors avail.)

How does everyone feel about T5s as far as sps goes.... Color and growth.....

I'm on the wagon on the upgrade....

1) Radion

2) ATI T5

3) new AI Vega (if more colors avail.)

.....T5 is old technology bro. After seeing LED tanks in person, I'm convinced now that you can pretty much color any SPS.

You mean that bum that sells teeny tiny frags???

That guy?? rolleyes.gif

BTW, great pics everyone. You all will have to excuse me while I get a towel to wipe the drool off my keyboard! wink.gif

Speaking of tiny frags, how's your doing?

With the recent troubles with my tank, I lost all mines except two.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Maybe you're right, but MH is old too lol...

I'm just thinking..... But mainly waiting to see the specs of the new AI or I'm getting the radion.

The spectrum, the software.... It's Toooo good.. Just seen it firsthand at LFS, finally.

SouthFlorida_Tron
If you get the dimmable model it is....

Let's see hat the AI vega brings to the table...

My acros grow, & have color, I can wait :)

Reef Builders has mentioned it b4, but as far as growth T5's and Halides still dominate

Most of the large (kick ass) aquariums that you see have T5's and occasionally Halides...

That being said I am a fan of LED's, and i think that in a year we will be seeing plenty of sick, high tech, and

high powered LED's along with some tanks with overflowing corals

BUT, at the moment when I check the Lighting section under tank specs

I see the common names like ATI, Giesemann, Ushio, Phoenix, or Radium

At the moment its neck and neck, but i think the biggest factor (my opinion) that makes LED's awesome is that you don't have to replace bulbs every 6 months and waste energy

I'm just thinking..... But mainly waiting to see the specs of the new AI or I'm getting the radion.

The spectrum, the software.... It's Toooo good.. Just seen it firsthand at LFS, finally.

Pssttt.. Don't tell saltwatercoral!! ;)

BTW, I'll be leaving my MH set-up for LED's!! Getting one of Dave Fasons' set-ups.

Look up Roberto Lopes SPS tank. He has a thread on RC. It is entirely lit by AI Sol Blues and has been since they came out. It is the nicest sps tank I have ever seen. I realize the radions have a better spectrum but for double the price its just not worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a nice piece of echinata I got about maybe 5 weeks ago. I took the photos exactly 4 weeks ago and for the past two weeks it's now develop a Ice & Fire like coloration with blue tips.

img7370cc.jpg

img7260cc.jpg

Beautiful piece Asureef

T5's FTW

lol.. yeah I love the coloration. This piece came from a tank lit with 4 AI too. It's been mounted in it's final location, which is about 2" from the sand bed. BTW, those are old pics, I haven't taken new ones yet.

cheryl jordan

@ Asureef, that is a beautiful piece. I have not had much luck with Echinata, but I would try it again if I could find a piece like that.

MH.

feb22rp3.jpg

@ Asureef, that is a beautiful piece. I have not had much luck with Echinata, but I would try it again if I could find a piece like that.

MH.

feb22rp3.jpg

Absolutely beautiful.

Likin' that red dragon reef keeper!

This has got to be the delicate acro out there. The branches are so thin, you'd think the fish would break them if they rubbed up against it!

I'll have to get an updated pic of mine and a myagi tort I got from John Copps.

Thanks, they can be quite sensitive, but It's a must have for any SPS enthusiast.

A few more.

My fav. encrusting monti. "Mystic sunset". It's encrusted a bit since I took the photo and more reddish over all now.

img7279cc.jpg

I really like this ORA piece, the PE is out like this 24/7.

img7417cc.jpg

Archived