Top Shelf Aquatics

Bongo Shrimp's 25g Tide Pool

Bongo Shrimp

Well I guess it really pollutes the water in an enclosed system. I am going to put a nice skimmer on this tank as soon as I can convince myself that the ~160$ is worth it.

I had been trying to get the flamboyants for about 2 or 3 years now ever since someone bought them out from under me after i told them where I was getting them. (Thats why I don't say where I get stuff anymore!) Nothing personal.

So when the opportunity arose again I pounced. :ninja:

Good for you!

Sucks they can poison themselves. Makes sense though, it is supposed to "smell" bad to fish that are trying to eat them.

I would just get the Skimmer, it's more of an insurance policy for the $$$ you have spent on the cuttles.

When they come in I want to see pics!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to hijack this thread but it's relevant to Canadians who want a METASEPIA PHEFFERI. SUM in Toronto just got these in on todays Bali/Indo order.

• 2 weeks later...

What's going on with this? Did they ship you the female? Did you get your hands on another male?

So many questions and no pictures to answer them!

Bongo Shrimp
What's going on with this? Did they ship you the female? Did you get your hands on another male?

So many questions and no pictures to answer them!

I have been having some communication problems with my guy so it was delayed. Then the female died but laid eggs before doing so. I was going to try to get them to ship me the eggs but first of all I doubt they were fertilized and second they didn't really want to give up the eggs. I was really mad about that cause I would have bought the thing before it died but justify it to myself by saying that I'd probably be spending 100s on dead eggs. So anyhow another pair is supposed to be in for me tomorrow or Thursday. I'm trying to be calm and patient because I can't just get these anywhere or I would have had them 3 yrs ago.

On the bright side I got a massive reef octopus bh1000 modded to work on this short 25g.

So sorry to hear that. So much disappointment. <_<

Awesome skimmer tho! If the cuttles do come through, it will totally be worth it.

I think it's funny that you're not telling who your supplier is, with a little research you can find them.. For example this place will take orders...

http://www.stickycricket.com/cuttle/hatchl...indexshow.html..

There saying is breeding cephs so you don't have to

Here it even says they have them for sale

Quit acting like your supplier is the only one who has them

http://www.stickycricket.com/cuttle/availability.html

altolamprologus
I think it's funny that you're not telling who your supplier is, with a little research you can find them.. For example this place will take orders...

Your first link is broken and the second is to a different species. Just saying.

Your first link is broken and the second is to a different species. Just saying.

If you look hard enough you will find the exact species on their page....

To the other poster, why would I be mad? I think it's funny that the OP is acting like it's a rare thing that no one can get. So what if he did tell where he got it from, there is more than one place is what I was saying

Bongo Shrimp
I think it's funny that u mad.

+1

If you look hard enough you will find the exact species on their page....

To the other poster, why would I be mad? I think it's funny that the OP is acting like it's a rare thing that no one can get. So what if he did tell where he got it from, there is more than one place is what I was saying

That place doesn't have any of these guys for sale and although there may be some place out there with them (in the US) good luck finding them. They are that rare and they are that hard to get. Even Richard Ross who is a ceph guru at the Steinhart Aquarium can barely get them. He drove hours to get ONE and it didn't live long. If the scientists can't find 'em you bet your *** they are that rare. ;)

Hey Bongo, word is that you had or have a pair of candy basslets, true?

I had a pair for under a day. One died the night I got them. My one left is doing great though and eats anything and everything. I was going to try to get another but knowing how expensive they are, you understand how it's hard to risk adding another when there's no way to sex them. Last thing I want is to get another and then they kill each other.

Jacob042426

what a jerk! :lol:

Jacob042426

do your bongo shrimp hide after they molt? i found the molt of mine and i havent seen him for over a week. i am a little worried now,i even ripped a leg off of a star and put it outside of its den. it hasnt even touched it! :scarry:

Bongo Shrimp
do your bongo shrimp hide after they molt? i found the molt of mine and i havent seen him for over a week. i am a little worried now,i even ripped a leg off of a star and put it outside of its den. it hasnt even touched it! :scarry:

Yeah pretty much all shrimp do because they are most vulnerable right after molting.

Bongo Shrimp

Yeah I mean he could just be hiding because that's what they do. I mean I can't say for sure but being as tiny as they are when I had them they would hide and come out and that's just how they are. Try looking at night like an hour after lights out with a flashlight. That is the best Bongo Shrimp viewing time.

• 2 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp
i still havent seen my bongo shrimp... :scarry:

Seriously with them being so small they can hide for a long time. Have you been feeding?

(BTW everyone I have had to switch sources for the cuttlefish and INCASE YOU THINK ITS EASY TO GET THESE THINGS!, its not.

Bongo Shrimp

New lights on the way. I don't like how this cheap ebay fixture doesn't have dimming capabilities so I have a Maxspec Mazarra on the way.

Archived