SaltCritters.com

Bongo Shrimp's 25g Tide Pool

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Builder Anthony

ya those things are awesome i hear they raise they on live mysid or mysic shrimp ......the real little ones

I should be getting a pic or two from my supplier tomorrow.

who's youre supplier?

I bought a purple photosynthetic sponge frag from you at the cranbrook swap (which by the way has slowly been withering away :unsure: )

who's youre supplier?

I bought a purple photosynthetic sponge frag from you at the cranbrook swap (which by the way has slowly been withering away :unsure: )

This is top secret info lol. He's a good friend of mine and I believe he will have the market on these guys cornered for sure.

Bongo, glad you got a hold of him. It's to both your benifets. Also wait till you see these guys in person. Truly amazing animals. I can't wait to get one myself

Bongo Shrimp
This is top secret info lol. He's a good friend of mine and I believe he will have the market on these guys cornered for sure.

Bongo, glad you got a hold of him. It's to both your benifets. Also wait till you see these guys in person. Truly amazing animals. I can't wait to get one myself

Better set up a tank for them to be by themselves and be prepared to feed them.

Between me and my girl theyll be taken care of very well. Not planning on them soon but in the future I will own a pair. Mite have to wait till I get a basement.

If you end up ever coming out to jersey let me know. Well have to meet up and chat for a bit. My girl actually bartends jut down the street from His shop let me know if you're coming out.

What else are you planning on putting in the tank?

Any fish or coral?

Saw a few flambos in Lembeh last spring... Smallest was the size of a quarter.

Very cool creatures!

Has anything been understood about their toxicity?

Bongo Shrimp
What else are you planning on putting in the tank?

Any fish or coral?

Saw a few flambos in Lembeh last spring... Smallest was the size of a quarter.

Very cool creatures!

Has anything been understood about their toxicity?

Nothing else especially no other fish! They would be eaten!

From what I understand they are toxic if eaten.

Bongo Shrimp
Any updates?

Yeah sorry. There has been a delay in getting the cuttlefish because the male inked and died before he was going to be shipped. Another may be coming in on sunday for me and then we will go from there.

Yeah sorry. There has been a delay in getting the cuttlefish because the male inked and died before he was going to be shipped. Another may be coming in on sunday for me and then we will go from there.

They die when they ink????

Jeez when did you decide on Cuttlefish! Sorry I am a bit too tired to read back!

altolamprologus

Sorry to hear that :( I hope the female does better than her mate

Bongo Shrimp

I got a new light though. Some nice LEDs. 120w fixture with 55 white and blue LEDs. Going to replace the vacuum cleaner- I mean fans though.

led1.jpg

led4.jpg

They die when they ink????

Jeez when did you decide on Cuttlefish! Sorry I am a bit too tired to read back!

Well I guess it really pollutes the water in an enclosed system. I am going to put a nice skimmer on this tank as soon as I can convince myself that the ~160$ is worth it.

I had been trying to get the flamboyants for about 2 or 3 years now ever since someone bought them out from under me after i told them where I was getting them. (Thats why I don't say where I get stuff anymore!) Nothing personal.

So when the opportunity arose again I pounced. :ninja:

Sorry to hear that :( I hope the female does better than her mate

Me too.

altolamprologus
Well I guess it really pollutes the water in an enclosed system. I am going to put a nice skimmer on this tank as soon as I can convince myself that the ~160$ is worth it.

Spending $160 is better than losing one or both of your cuttles if they decide to ink in your tank. That right there is worth it to me

Bongo Shrimp
Spending $160 is better than losing one or both of your cuttles if they decide to ink in your tank. That right there is worth it to me

I guess I should say in context with everything else-

cuttlefish

lights

tank

nice rock

new filter

It adds up really really quick. I'll do it though...

altolamprologus
I guess I should say in context with everything else-

cuttlefish

lights

tank

nice rock

new filter

It adds up really really quick. I'll do it though...

Oh yeah that does add up to a lot. I can't even imagine how much the cuttlefish cost. The whole setup must really be putting a dent in your bank account. But then again, how many other people get to say they've had flamboyant cuttlefish?

Archived