Cultivated Reef

Jeffro's 50 g build.

19jeffro83

Stoped in one of lfs in the area today and came home with a beautiful male blue mandarin! The best part is I watched him eat frozen brine before picking him up. It's also the same place I got my female spoted mandarin from which I got over 4 month ago. So I'm pretty sure I got a good fish. Pics up when he gets settled in.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news. I think the madanrin mite have been a mistake. He seems to be chasing the female spotted mandarin I have. Who is a good amount smaller than the male. Do you think he mite kill her? Is he trying to court her or is he seeing her as a threat of some sort?

yes is it ive had it now prob about six months or so. its growing fairly well for a gorgonian. i feed it phyto and reef roids and im sure it grabs up some cyclops when i feed the fish.

I'm not expecting the two mandarins to mate but even a pair of the different species would be cool!! But you never know!

I'm really just hoping he doesn't hurt her.

He's still settling in a bit. Haven't spot fed yet, he runs from the baster still but I for sure saw him eat frozen brine at the lfs so I'm not to concerned. Plus I have a good amount of pods in my tank. Still voting the glass when I let the algae build up so he'll be good for sure.

Awesome thanks!!! :)

Awesome thanks?

Even in a fifty I'd be Leary of having two mandarins with only one eating frozen. You should see my spotted mandarin go to town on anything I feed. I'm really hoping my new one becomes as comfortable as the one I've had.

Oh thanks bro! I love this tank to much. Still needs to mature a bit, but I plan on quite a few sps as well down the road. So as far as fish I'm prob about full. I'm still going to add three redspot cardinals but that'll be all most likely.

Pickin up my shoal of 4 red spot cardinals tonight after work! Can't wait although I'm al little nervous about all the feeding. I'll have to rely on my girlfriend to feed once during the day. I think shell be ok with it.

Archived