Cultivated Reef

Jing's 3g LED Pico

PirateJing

how is it interesting? haha. Why yes, its a 20,000k . Its low quality due to it being stock so I am on the search for ushio or xm 20,000K's .Or may just get Evil's PAR 38 LED's.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its interesting on many levels ^_^

i was kinda more interested in seeing halides of more crisp white texture and nice reflectors. thats from fishneedit you say? does that fixture have the shimmer reflectors on it?

haha i see i see , i would like to keep the interest levels up.

Ah, ah isnt crisp white like a 14k? and yes its fishneedit, but im not sure if it has the shimmer reflectors, it does have pebbled reflectors in the housing.

maybe you can add them? No, dude this is all up to you, its your tank, my interests are worthless haha. If you feel the need to go LED then do it because you want to not cuz of what I said :P

Mr. Microscope
IMG_0106.jpg

Yes please!

This is going to stock well. Can't wait to see how this one pans out. What are your plans for corals (sorry if you already posted this answer)?

haha newman , I want to make this tank an attention getter!

and Mr. Microscope, i plan on acans, one frogspawn, yuma, ric and zoa garden. maybe gsp on the back glass =D

Ah, I forgot, since this live rock has been cured I think. I should just have a small cycle correct? 2 weeks waiting worth? or earlier?

Wait until your nutrients are all at zero..and then wait some more. Seriously though, the more patience you have with the cycle the better off you'll be.

I like your rocks though. I didn't realize how hard it would be to scape a pico until I was attempting it. That will fill up nicely!

What do you think of the quality of the fishneedit light? I was thinking about one of those for a larger tank in the future.

mm, test kit is not any time soon due to money .

the quality is good and stable housing. Just need to change the stock bulb that it comes with. =D

ah , I am going to take a sample tomorrow , and if its all A ok, I will buy some frags. I have some money from working haha

Ah, I am not sure, in my other tank i never had an algae bloom either . All the recent tanks I have used fully cycled rocks and have just had mini cycles and no algae blooms

today everything tested out just fine everything is zero except nitrates which are 10. so a water change will take care of that. I bought two new corals woot haha

pics anyone? :P

lol mine was like 102,000 miles when i bought her for 1 grand. 117K miles now. i figure she cant least me much longer before major issues, its leaking in a few very tough areas lol.

very nice deal on yours btw. is yours a coupe or sedan? manual or auto?

Archived